Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Should Falcomist be permanently banned?
Yes. 8 9.30%
No. 78 90.70%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:49 AM   #61
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice

I've met KSers, n00bs in KQs who don't know what they're supposed to do say worse things to people who try to put them in place. This is just plain stupid. It makes me feel like my account will be banned soon if I throw in a profanity in the heat of the moment. Pretty unsettling.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 05-03-2008, 05:26 AM   #62
Falcomist
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Falcomist
Falcomist will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Falcomist Send a message via MSN to Falcomist
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
I've met KSers, n00bs in KQs who don't know what they're supposed to do say worse things to people who try to put them in place. This is just plain stupid. It makes me feel like my account will be banned soon if I throw in a profanity in the heat of the moment. Pretty unsettling.
I feel the same way... Even though im banned i feel like anything I say to people who make the game/community worse i will get banned for...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #63
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Server: Teva
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
And you won't see them in just KQs...

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Old 05-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #64
Aerythia
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Aerythia
Current Level: 105
Aerythia is on a distinguished road
Its just one rule for some, another rule for another.

TBH I've recently been seeing Fiesta as something which has got waaaay too big for Outspark and in a way has gone out of their control. They *know* they can't police the game 24/7, staff is stretched thin as it is, resulting to doing things such as GLs (whoever they are, but as we know the theory is that they are real players). Therefore, when a case like this comes up, against high level players, people many others of the server know, they were able to use it to stamp their authority with the aim of hopefully deterring other people from "doing the same" - whatever henious crime Falco is accused of committing - I think at least Falco has a right to see these "other screenshots" which apparently are the ones which caused the ban...

Everyone *knows* that people of every level and class trashtalk worse than Falco did everyday in those screenshots. I was even harassed by some guy for months, a Cleric by the name of Posha (don't think he around anymore thankfully) who basically went out of his way to say the rudest and most disgusting things he could think of towards me everytime he saw me IG. I eventually had enough and sent screenies, but nothing was done about it of course.

This event is just a complete injustice. Meh. There are sooooo many people I can think of right now, even particular capped ones, who have violated ToS with their actions more times than I've cast Magic Missile ^^. I'm not going to name names, but I'm pretty sure many of us here (I'm talking about Teva in particular) can think of such people. And now this "who cares about language thing"... fine, time to start talking German again I guess, I learnt it for seven years, might as well put it to good use throwing insults at the worst idiots imaginable in the game.

"Du bist ein schwein kopf!" Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ^^.

Outspark have to do better than this to keep the peace in Fiesta... maybe everytime someone insults us we report to them... in that case they are going to see a 100000000% increase in reports, since more people just ignore stuff and let it slide.

BTW: Roational warring of Oligarchy anyone? :P

Falco, good luck . Have fun in Rohan, don't know what the game is like but you should play a Mage this time, we're awesome .

~Aerythia

PS - Not serious on the warring on a rota of Oligarchy, but hey, it would be fun ^^.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #65
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Centrix View Post
I have nothing against him. I even liked him =/ but rules are rules and snakeeyes said he wont unban anyone, including falcomist. This "petition" wont do anything.

Btw its not the screenshots posted on the forums that got him banned. Someone else PMed the GM's other screens where you could see him make racial comments

I will miss him
Like I like to say "Proof please" or it didn't happen.

At any rate, yes, nothing is going to change, because the GM's think everything they do is right. They cant admit they made a mistake and they wont. They wont do anything to rectify the situation either.

Quite honestly, if they want to continue earning their income to pay for the food on the table, they better shape up, before fiesta goes under. Bad reputation can follow a game, and all that need be started on the path is a bad comment on a fansite dedicated to the game.

Dont believe me? Well take a look at this perspective. A fansite is mainly comprised of people who play and support the game. When these people dislike aspects of the game it reflects poorly on game as a whole.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 05-03-2008 at 12:08 PM..
Old 05-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #66
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Actually, I was just cussed out by some mage in Spanish because I refused to party them. Yeah, not all people don't speak Spanish, ok? People are such idiots. I should report them...
Was it racial or just cussing? I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what went down, but, my understanding is that the Falcomist incident was over racial comments and not just cussing someone out.

Like I said, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what all was said and by whom, but racial is not necessary - we are one race - the human race. Our ancestral heritage is merely a trait we were given at birth much like the blue eyes or small feet or strong nails or thick hair or whatever feature genetics gave you.

On the other hand, our behavior reflects on whether we are nice, friendly, asshole, helpful, bitch, selfish, generous . . . so while we have no control over our genetics, lets not reference an ethnic origin, but whereas we have control over being an effing asshole, kk, call em out and take your chance on that getting you banned. I have submitted 24 screenies of 1 incident full of their profanity and none of those cussing me like a dog got banned - I see one or the other of them almost every time I log in. So just dog cussing someone seems more tolerated than reference to race.

(KK - COLOR MATCHED COMMENTS AHEAD! lol!)
Originally Posted by Aerythia View Post
Its just one rule for some, another rule for another. ~ ~ ~

Everyone *knows* that people of every level and class trashtalk worse than Falco did everyday in those screenshots. I was even harassed by some guy for months, a Cleric by the name of Posha (don't think he around anymore thankfully) who basically went out of his way to say the rudest and most disgusting things he could think of towards me everytime he saw me IG. I eventually had enough and sent screenies, but nothing was done about it of course.

~ ~ ~

"Du bist ein schwein kopf!" Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ^^.

Outspark have to do better than this to keep the peace in Fiesta... maybe everytime someone insults us we report to them... in that case they are going to see a 100000000% increase in reports, since more people just ignore stuff and let it slide.

BTW: Roational warring of Oligarchy anyone? :P

~ ~ ~
PS - Not serious on the warring on a rota of Oligarchy, but hey, it would be fun ^^.
References back to my first comment in this post.

OMG! Did you just call me a stubid bitch? LOL

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think since this is the NA server that no launguage should be acceptable other than the american (I didn't say english cuz we americans don't always use proper english). Not only do the majority of people in this game NOT speak all other languages, apparently neither does the Outspark staff and as such cannot adequately police the chat and any possble racial slander from those speaking any language other than american. So, again, IMHO, that should be a reportable offense.

Woo! Sounds like a plan!

Dang, that plan died TOO fast!!

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 05-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #67
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah.. its NA server, for English players. Everyone should speak English when on it IMO. I have nothing against other cultures or languages, but its just common courtesy. There is obviously an issue with people using another language to freely flame someone without consequences, and thats wrong.

If you're going to play a game thats obviously meant for English speakers, you should obviously know English before playing, and if you do, you shouldn't be speaking another language on it, just as respect for the other players. If you don't know how to speak English, you shouldn't play the game.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #68
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Or at least keep it in guild chat or party chat. I have started blocking everyone that is talking in normal chat in a foreign language. Not being mean, but hell if I can't read it, what is the point of it spamming up my chat box.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 05-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #69
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Yeah.. its NA server, for English players. Everyone should speak English when on it IMO. I have nothing against other cultures or languages, but its just common courtesy. There is obviously an issue with people using another language to freely flame someone without consequences, and thats wrong.

If you're going to play a game thats obviously meant for English speakers, you should obviously know English before playing, and if you do, you shouldn't be speaking another language on it, just as respect for the other players. If you don't know how to speak English, you shouldn't play the game.
This is always a big issue with NA games because they dont issue ip bans to non-english speaking countries. Everyone notices how games from Brazil, Japan and other countries that predominately speak one languages automatically issue ip bans to keep the other languages out. NA Companies don't do this because they are greedy and want to get as much money out of the game as they can. I think that if you can't speak english it should be like Japanese games where all a player has to do is report you and your account is banned. I don't have a problem at all with other cultures I just dont think its fair for us to have to deal with it.

When we go play other countries games we are expected to behave a certain way and keep our language*english* in private chats. Why are the same rules that apply to us not good enough for them? Why do other cultures expect special treatment in our games when we are not given it in theirs? I could keep doing this forever but until a company really takes a stand on this we will continue to be abused in our own games ^.^.

@Centrix like Angellic said proof or it did'nt happen. I dont think many players put much stock into what the CL's say after the way we see you behave in game and on the forums ^.^.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 05-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #70
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Its because America doesn't really have "culture". We're a melting pot, so we can't say we're "American" because thats not really a cuture, America is only a few hundred years old, not old compared to most. We can't say America is "Italian" or "Irish" or "African" because there is no set culture here. But countries like Japan can say they are Japanese, Koreans can say they're Korean, because that is their race an culture. So if they make a game and want to limit it, they can without worrying about people in their country complaining.

America can't do that since we have a bunch of different races and languages, in which they can just complain and get into legal issues if they feel discriminated.
Closed Thread