Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
Bao
Grave Robber

Tournaments Won: 10

Bao is on a distinguished road
Guide: Clerics - Build & How to use one

// Cleric Guide v1.1
// July 31st, 2007

Versions:
1.0 - Draft
1.1 - Changed text, gave credit (to myself? lol).
1.2 - Took out some builds, added one.

Table of Contents
I. Introduction
II. Leveling
III. Build
IV. Usage

I. Introduction

A Cleric is a unique and very important asset to any party. Clerics can heal, buff, revive, and assist their party members, and themselves. Using a Cleric may SEEM easy, but quite frankly if anyone tends to die in your parties, it would normally be the fault of the cleric. Your every movement and action will affect the whole party, and in doing so, you need to know what to do in situations and how to use your Cleric. To begin, the guide below will provide you with the information you need to start your journey.

Welcome to the world of Clerics.

II. Leveling

Ah yes, this is a big one, for every class. Grinding or leveling may take much longer than usual if you don't know what you're doing.

Ghalleon's guide to basic newby leveling is a good source to go to if you're looking for some quick and easy levels. Refer it to here: http://www.setbb.com/requiemforum/vi...m=requiemforum

The best way for you to level after you've passed the mark of about level 15 or so. Is to go into parties and do Kingdom Quest!

As soon as you hit level 5, go participate in a KQ. Most likely the best KQ will be in [A]. So try your best to get into that. The King Slime KQ upon succession will give approximately a total of about 1.5k exp at level 5 (Note: This includes the monsters leading up to the King Slime).
Kingdom Quest is your friend, use it wisely. Every chance you get you should KQ, especially since if you win you will receive not only an EXP bonus, but a present box as well. Opening it can reveal something good, or something not so great. Depending on your luck, KQing alone can make you a few good silvers and some levels.

Apart from KQ, Clerics would do best in a party. A party that is about 5 levels higher than you will most likely invite you if there is no Cleric around. Being a Cleric is a huge advantage party wise, because every party NEEDS one. No matter what. (Of course if you're not looking for decent exp then you won't need a Cleric.) Out of all the classes, Clerics have the best chance of getting into a good party, so that doesn't have to be worried about. The important part is how to use it, either soloing or in a party. Refer to section: IV. Usage

III. Build

Cleric builds, this is an important one. You really don't want to mess up on your build and have to restat sometime waaaay into the game. So here are some builds that I've tested that you can try:

Refer to: http://www.setbb.com/requiemforum/vi...m=requiemforum if you have any questions as to why certain stats should go to certain things.

END:SPR

I find this to be the best build for a Cleric, 2 END:1 SPR Ratio is what I would recommend for the tanking/healing Cleric. (1 END:1 SPR would also be a good ratio, whichever one you like better you can try.) With this your damage won't be too much, but strength for a Cleric is just kind of stupid unless you're going to be tanking. (Which we have Fighters for that)

FULL END

This build would be for the full tanking Cleric. With this your physical defence and HP would skyrocket, but would leave your Magic Defense vulnerable to any mage, and your SP surprisingly low. If you want the straight up tank vs all classes except for Fighters, this is the way to go. I don't recommend FULL END build though. Just one for you to try if you're up for it.

ENDEX
If you're going to use a hammer, this build will help you hit better on high leveled enemies. As Hammers aren't as accurate. Evasion from Dex is also a bonus. I'd go 2:1 ENDEX If I were to use it.

IV. Usage

Refer back to: II. Leveling

As I was saying there earlier before, I mentioned that Clerics in soloing and Clerics in a party are different. Of course. We will discuss that in the next few paragraphs. See below.

Soloing:

A solo Cleric leveling on something higher leveled than them or fighting a miniboss would be a lot easier than for other classes (exception of Fighters). If you were going with the END:SPR build you can basically tank monsters 10 levels higher than you. Literally, and still live. The key is to what to use your skills for and how.

First off, you should always have these on your quick slots, Heal, Periodic HP Recovery, Invincible, Your DEF buffs, Your poison resist buffs, and Bash. With Heal and HP stones, you can basically heal yourself about 1.5k HP, at least that's what I'm healing myself for at level 34 right now. Lets just say with HP Stones and your heal skill, depending on your build you can heal 65-80% of your HP. Thats if you use them in conjunction. As you know, Heal has a 3.0 second cool down, and Stones have a cool down as well. Use stones and heals in conjunction (at the same time basically) when you're low HP, can bring you back up to almost a full bar immediately, an advantage for Clerics.

Invicible: This skill is incredibly amazing. Absorbing 1k+ Damage as the higher it goes. Recently, it got nerfed to a 2 minute cool down, and only a 15 second duration. Still, absorbing 1k+ damage for 15 seconds is quite a lot, and can save you when the mobs come at you. Use this when you need it, and especially for mobs.

DEF, Illness, Poison buffs: Always have these on you, especially the DEF buffs, these will save you about 5-10% damage each hit. It adds up if you're fighting something like the Skeleton Knight by yourself for 5 minutes. =]

Heal & Bash technique: If you buff up Bash's attack power just a bar or two, it can become a very powerful skill as you get into it's higher levels. Decrease the SP usage of this if you can so you don't have to use incredibly high amounts of SP. As I was saying, the technique with Heal and Bash is that Heal has a very small delay when you cast it, but that 0.5 second delay when casting could cost you precious seconds when you could be doing damage before healing again. So the secret is to Heal and then hit Bash immediately. This will cancel Heal's little action that you have to watch and immediately go into Bash's attack action. Saving you a second of animations. This can also be done with other casts that are immediate in conjuction with Bash.

Periodic HP Recovery: Ah yes, this heals about the same or more HP than the Heal technique. Cast this on you if you're fighting difficult monsters or a lot of monsters, the 40-100hp recovery every 1.2 seconds is great if you forgot to heal yourself and need to quickly tap the button. I'll admit this skill has saved my life a few times when I was at about 10-20HP! A good skill to have on you. =]

Partying:

When partying Clerics become completely different, other players depend on you, instead of you depending solely on yourself. If you have a good party (which means there are no idiot mages that try to tank everything and go out in front) you can just focus your heals and buffs on the tanker. But if the situation comes that there is a party of 4 or more, you should always have another cleric, 1 cleric for every 2 people is good. Maybe even every 3 if the party knows what they're doing.

The whole point is to keep everyone alive, revive, and do as much as you can to keep them from dying. Of course you have to remember that there is a 3.0 second delay for Heal (unless you empowered it, which I don't recommend you doing so, as there are better skills later on.) so you can't heal everyone at once. Try to use other skills such as Periodic HP Recovery, only use heal if they need a chunk (about 50%) of their HP back. Later on, you can use a skill called Rejuvenate which heals even more than the Heal technique, but the cool down is 10.0 seconds. Having 2 of these at the same time along with Periodic HP recovery would be very useful, 3 person to 1 Cleric would be possible with these two skills. Rejuvenate is level 40-41 to use.

Well folks, I think that's about it for me. Hope you enjoyed and got some info out of this guide. Have a fun time playing Fiesta!

Copy and pasted straight from somewheres else =]

Thought I'd share.

Last edited by Bao; 08-26-2007 at 01:40 AM..
Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
1. Some of the text is hard to read, (especially the light blue text)
2. Might be a good idea to post anyway where you copied and pasted this to give them some credit before someone gets angry (unless you made this)..i'm assuming it's from the requiem guild website the guide has a link to.
3. Great guide nevertheless
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Yeah, very nice guide. Change that light blue font to something darker x.x

I'm gonna move this to the "Guides" section.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Bao
Grave Robber

Thanks to you both. Sorry about the text there, I made the guide by the way, so no worries about ripping or all that lol.

The reason it was Cyan was because the Requiem forums (where I initially posted this) had a different skin than this one. So yes, Sorry. =]
Old 08-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough
Bao ^^ iMIke?

Hey man ! Very cool seeing something written by you. Had tons of fun the couple times we got to kick it. You're hilarious bro.

~ Meteo
Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Ohh nice.. if you don't mind I'm going to change that light pink/purple font to something darker as well as it's killing my eyes.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
Fabulous
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Secwet!
Current Level: Secwet!
Fabulous is on a distinguished road
Nice guide, keep it up!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
DTOSensei
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Aioros "Sagittarius Saint"
Current Level: 1
Server: Teva
DTOSensei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
it's killing my eyes.
it is right those colors bother the Eyesight.
But omitting that the guide seems to serve
Old 08-26-2007, 03:11 AM   #9
Bao
Grave Robber

FIxed some crap, :P
Old 09-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #10
ydnardo
Hero Slime

ydnardo is on a distinguished road
Great Guide!!!! though I had to copy and paste to a note pad. those colors were giving me a headache. You could make them all the same color whether you cut and paste or hand typed them in. No worries . . . rockin guide
Closed Thread