Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #11
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

Well let me ask you a question back. Just curious.

What do you reckon the society/world should do once it reaches your ideal utopia?

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 05-24-2009 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: rephrased Q
Old 05-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #12
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Im not saying that we'll reach any perfect eutopia, just a decent, sane world. CHILDREN are dying for no reason. The innocent are being gunned down, or blown up, or killed; i understand the occasional murder, but... we're talking mass murders in africa and ireland... it's just horrible ._.

Anyway, i assume people would just try to live their lives in happiness. Why do we need money, and power? alot of what massive stars buy is senseless. there's just no point to alot of it... if you live happily, with one you love, some decent entertainment, and enough cash on the side, why do we need much more? why do humans need to rule over others?

I just want things to make sense.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
obviously we'll make mistakes, and im not a saint either, of course o.o i previously addressed that. there's no stopping violence, but we can stop the massive scale that it occurs on. We can stop the hatred, we can stop the anger, the depression, the fear. Even the smallest of acts can change a persons life forever. a simple smile to show them that there IS hope out there. the butterfly effect.
First of all. Mini-rant.

Depression is a BIOLOGICAL condition. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. For anyone that thinks the depression is just a psychological condition and that people can "will" themselves out of it by thinking happy thoughts is just deluded. To get rid of depression would be to change human biology.

/end mini-rant

You can't stop anger, fear, hate anymore than you can stop happiness, love, fill in the blank.

You say we can stop the violence on a massive scale. How? By smiling at people? If you can't get rid of the root causes of anger, fear, hate, jealousy (and you can't) etc...., then there will always be violence throughout the world.

Quote:
what more did the queen of england do than the bum, other than being born rich instead of poor? is that fair and just and right?
The world is neither fair nor right.

Im not saying that we'll reach any perfect eutopia, just a decent, sane world. CHILDREN are dying for no reason. The innocent are being gunned down, or blown up, or killed; i understand the occasional murder, but... we're talking mass murders in africa and ireland... it's just horrible ._.
Like they've always been.

Not a good thing. Something we should try to change.

But I'm stating a fact here.

Quote:
Anyway, i assume people would just try to live their lives in happiness. Why do we need money, and power? alot of what massive stars buy is senseless. there's just no point to alot of it... if you live happily, with one you love, some decent entertainment, and enough cash on the side, why do we need much more? why do humans need to rule over others?

I just want things to make sense.
Your broad generalizations are imprecise at best.

Humans want different things. Even you.

Last edited by Ralath; 05-24-2009 at 07:01 AM..
Old 05-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #14
Jikanu
Lizardman

By depression, i meant sadness, not the clinical depression, my mom is clinically depressed, and it's generally used as a term for deep emotional sadness too. sorry if i offended you x.x

And we can fight back, not with violence, but with peace. Ever heard of Martin Luthor King Jr.? Or Gandhi? or perhaps Henry David Thoreau? all men who used peace to protest.

And the world SHOULD be fair. we shape the world, so why not try to make it fair and right?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #15
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
On the topic of utopia, before creation, must come destruction.

Before the making of the ideal world where no violence exists (Jikanu's description) there must be either 1) the slaughter of people who hold ideas not compatible with the new utopia or 2) the destruction of "things" to change these peoples' ideas.
You can't get to decent without being indecent first, and you can't get to being sane without being insane first. Because if you don't perform evil, how will you know what's good?
So, somewhere along the road to utopia, there has to be a global domination of thought or else nothing will ever be accomplished. It's unavoidable. You can't have a perfect world without having everyone think along the same path (not saying that everybody thinks the same, just nothing that contradicts the utopia's standards).

/slightly off topic.

>edit
I'm slow at posting LOL.
Again, to make the world completely fair, it requires a massive purge. :D Everybody thinks and wants different things, and that just can't be allowed in a fair world. So, kill them all~ Kill until everybody obeys or until only the ones left are the ones who agree on the same things. Sounds kind of strange, but I really believe that peace is just not going to make it to the perfect utopia everybody dreams of. No matter how much we wish.

>edit2
Er, not saying peace is bad LOL. Just saying it's not the path to take if it's perfect utopia everybody wants. xD

{ enraya ! }

Last edited by Enraya; 05-24-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Old 05-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #16
Jikanu
Lizardman

once again, im not looking for a utopia, just a sane world. i want people to be able to ACCEPT differences, not hate for them. We all are different, so why not just accept that and move on? that's what causes most genocide; difference in class, or religion, or skin color, or culture, or whatever... Murder will always exist, but genocide need not exist.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #17
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
once again, im not looking for a utopia, just a sane world. i want people to be able to ACCEPT differences, not hate for them. We all are different, so why not just accept that and move on? that's what causes most genocide
Because humans are imperfect beings.

It doesn't really get much simpler than that.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #18
Jikanu
Lizardman

Imperfect, yes, but i dont see how imperfection limits acceptance. Anyone can accept the person next to them as a human being without knowing anything about them. Why cant that same rule apply when you DO know them?

For example, before i got to truly know you, i could accept you as a fellow human being; then, as i did get to know you, i learned many of our beliefs obviously differ; however, i do still respect you as a human being, and as someone who i can coexist quite peacefully, and at points even cordially with. why cant that apply with the rest of humanity?

Last edited by Jikanu; 05-24-2009 at 07:13 AM..
Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #19
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Imperfect, yes, but i dont see how imperfection limits acceptance. Anyone can accept the person next to them as a human being without knowing anything about them. Why cant that same rule apply when you DO know them?
Maybe because one things that contributes to imperfectness is the lack of acceptance in some people.

Oh and nvm my previous question.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Religious, political and moral views. Not everyone looks at them the same.

Thus they have different views on how the world should be ran

Some men believe he should be allowed to have 15 wives, and that he should be the only one to see their bodies. While this dance club owner believes he should only have one wife, and he loves that his wife is a dancer who wears quite skimp clothing. He can show off what he has and the other men don't. Some people think women should vote, some think women have no business in that. Some think you should be allowed to marry your cousin, some say thats down right disgusting. Some say you go to heaven when you die, some day you sprout into a dandelion.

Hitler believed the perfect human beings were people who were what he wasn't. "Aryan", some would say blonde hair and blue eyes. But her meant basically... non-Germanic. Christian, straight, skinny, mentally and physically healthy. Anything other than that, you had to die.

Surely that isn't what you picture the perfect human.

Last edited by Yosei; 05-24-2009 at 07:16 AM..
Closed Thread