Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #11
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
No i dont want my own show. That isnt the reason why. I just love kids and i want to have a big family.
And are you saying its better to have killed those babies? No matter what the circumstances was, i dont think you should do selective deduction. If i had to choose to never live, or to live a life with 7other children, in a poor family, i would choose to live.
I disagree with the idea that they would have been killed--they weren't meant to be born in the first place. No one is killing babies.

And that isn't a choice at all. There's no way to get inside the "minds" of these babies to know what they're thinking so it's a moot point.

So basically what you're advocating for is for her to rely on other people for the rest of her life?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #12
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
If the government does decide to help her... it's the taxpayers' money that's going towards taking care of these children. I don't necessarily believe wikipedia but if she's having to ask her 60 year old grandparents to help her take care of her first 6 children there is something wrong.

By the looks of it she isn't fit to take care of 14 children; a single child can cause grief for a parent times that by 14 a mother is going to have to have super human strength (mentally and physically) to take care of them. Death threats, no but I wonder if she thought of the consequences or was too over her own head about getting media attention instead.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #13
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
She needs to be forcibly sterilized and her doctor needs to be set on fire.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
Lirange
Bad Kid

Well you would be killing something that will soon transform into a living being with a beating heart. And thats wrong.

And no, i'm not saying if we asked those babies, they would tell us they would want to live, i'm saying, in my state of mind, that if i suddenly had a choice to die or get borned into a family like hers, i would choose to get born and i'm sure they kids would choose the same. I'm sure when they grow up, they'll be glad their mom didnt kill them off.

And why not? We all need help. And if its something this big, then why not take help from people until their 18?

Yes its the tax payers money, but at least its used in a good way. And plus you have to pay tax anyways, her not having the babys isnt going to make the tax go away.

Yea she may be in alot of grief and sorrow, buts its her choice and maybe she did know about the coincidences. Maybe she did know how troublesome it woudl be but she truly belived that it isnt right to kill a baby.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #15
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
She didn't have to fertilize ALL those embryos... every women produce eggs every month and stuff.. coz.. we didnt concieve them all, it doesn't mean we're killing any babies...

Well another way of looking at it.. these 14 children (if brought up properly) will become tax payers.. hopefully... and that's 14 more people contributing to the community...

maybe... LOL! eventhough that sounds wrong... I don't want to measure the "worthiness" with tax payers money... there are plenty of other things out there that's spending MORE of tax payers money.. 14 kids doesn't sound like a lot...

I prefer to think about the well being of the children.. as if they were not brought up properly... they WILL become a burden of the community...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #16
Lirange
Bad Kid

wait wait,
Can someone explain to me thise fertiize and sperm egg thingy.
Doesnt a women only have one egg?
o.o
Because i may getting things mixed up
Old 02-27-2009, 12:36 AM   #17
Warning_Shot
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Warning_Shot / _Ike_
Current Level: 3x / 2x
Server: Teva
Warning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Warning_Shot
wait wait,
Can someone explain to me thise fertiize and sperm egg thingy.
Doesnt a women only have one egg?
o.o
Because i may getting things mixed up
Now, ya' see. When a women and a man love each other VEEEERYYY MUCHHH....
Old 02-27-2009, 12:36 AM   #18
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Well you would be killing something that will soon transform into a living being with a beating heart. And thats wrong.
The embryos weren't even fertilized naturally. They were fertilized in vitro. I really don't want to get into a discussion of when life begins because those tend to go nowhere. But I think there are some key words here:

"soon transform into a living being"

As in, it's not living yet.

And I agree with Hessah and what she said.

Quote:
And no, i'm not saying if we asked those babies, they would tell us they would want to live, i'm saying, in my state of mind, that if i suddenly had a choice to die or get borned into a family like hers, i would choose to get born and i'm sure they kids would choose the same. I'm sure when they grow up, they'll be glad their mom didnt kill them off.
That's not what I'm saying either. Obviously, no one is going to ask an embryo how they feel. I'm saying it's a completely pointless question because it's not one you're faced with. EVER. I can say the exact opposite and it wouldn't mean a thing.

Your argument is a slippery slope: It's ok for her to have 14 babies and not be responsible for them so how about I decide to have 100 babies and not be responsible for them? And it doesn't even have to be a large number. It could be ONE baby. How about hundreds of millions of people decide to have babies that they don't have the financial means to care for them?

Last edited by Ralath; 02-27-2009 at 12:38 AM..
Old 02-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #19
Lirange
Bad Kid

^lol not that,<- ignore that this is ment to warning shot
wait i reread it and is it that she got her eggs out from like, 8months and put them in a bank or something and then she chose to get them all ferilize and stuff?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #20
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Even before having her eggs fertilized she should have weighed whether she'd be able to support xx number of kids on top of what she already had. Hey, if you want more kids that's great but one has to think if they can handle it. Furthermore, at her age she shouldn't be having to burden her own parents at their age. It's not just about her but the people around her... it seems that according to wiki the mother hasn't helped pay for her own mother's place nor has she helped with the housework. If you couldn't do that with 6 kids... do you really think it's possible with 8 new borns?

EDIT: A woman doesn't have just one egg. We are born with xx number of eggs that we will have in a lifetime. And each month one comes down to be fertilized, if not it just flows out.
Closed Thread