Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts

What's with these stupid laws in Australia all of the sudden? First the internet thing, not this.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #12
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah we had a change in government... This new government is more "family / people" based than the last one which was more "economic / business" based...

We don't actually have paid matunity leaves atm for to-be-mums thats working... and this new government was going to introduce like a 3-4 months paid leaves for mothers O_O

I think normally in other countries its about 2 months? 10 weeks...

It's nice they are introducing things for peole, but it seems like they're taking big steps in everything instead of a graduate change...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-12-2008, 02:01 AM   #13
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
And when you take big steps you're bound to trip and fall face flat. Going tad off topic but paid leave for that long? I get that they want to be family oriented but what's a family going to do if the company who is paying for maternity leaves goes under because of it? .__. No more jobs.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 AM   #14
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yup! Basically small businesses would be terribly crippled if that went through...

i forgot exactly how long they proposed the leave to be, but it was something rediculous.. not only do companies have to pay for someone that's not working, but they'll also have to pay for another person to replace them...

EDIT: Proposed length was 18 weeks maternity leave.. that's like 4 months...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 11-12-2008 at 02:12 AM..
Old 12-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #15
Deoial
Crab

In-Game Name: Deoial
Current Level: 4x
Server: Epith
Deoial is on a distinguished road
isn't this basically the same as a common law marriage only shorter time frame for it to be considered. i know a lot of states had a 10 year living together and you have common law marriage where if you split it has the same effect as a divorce. thankfully the state i live in has no common law marriage but if it has this law i may be screwed.. i lived with my girlfriend for 3 years

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #16
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
The vast majority of states that still recognize common law generally have requirements that you have to be living as a married couple, as in you have to introduce yourselves as husband and wife, etc, etc. Shacking up generally won't get you into trouble.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #17
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hmm yeah i think i read more than they said a De Facto relationship can be widely interpreted....

and part of it was whether people considered you to be in a De Facto relationship... sounds similar to what Hraevelg said...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread