Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #21
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice

Suicide, much like death sentence, is something I haven't really formed an opinion about.

I was involved in some accident much like Hrae's, except it probably wasn't as gory. A train compartment caught fire, and one of the people had pulled the emergency chain. I was made to (not exactly "made to" but after I volunteered, I was asked to) get the little children out of the compartment. A few of them had some really horrible burns. Thankfully nobody died though.

Now on to suicide.

It's your toy. Nobody blames you if you break it.
It's your football, nobody cares if you pop it.
So why is it not my life, and my choice if I wish to end it?

But, then again, football's are re-buyable, toys are mendable. Some could argue that life is re-makeable, but that just doesn't give the same person back to you. Every person is a separate mind unto themselves.

And therefore, I cannot make my mind up on whether suicide should be punishable or not.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-31-2008, 06:54 PM   #22
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Well, I know that train station one is. But I think I heard on the news that a group of people had committed suicide in the car... connecting the hose to the exhaust.

That would've traumatized a lot of kids and adults too. Even if it is a movie I know Japanese film can look very... too realistic.
Yeah, it was based off of the rising suicide rates in Japan. In 2002, a chain of suicide pacts broke out. People would do the suicide method you spoke of, and each of them had some kind of oven in their car.

I watched suicide club, didn't finish it though. The opening scene was really freaky.

I remember hearing a story about a Japanese rock start died, and over 400 girls were hospitalized from attempting suicide over his death that day. That's just that day, and the girls who survived ._.
Closed Thread