Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Question

Mature – PLEASE keep this mature – if you do not know the answer or can not add something important to the discussion – stay out. I am not saying this as the OP, I am going ahead and posting a warning as a mod. I will remove or delete anything inappropriate or unnecessary.

Okay, sexually transmitted diseases can be passed from one person to the next by the transfer of bodily fluids. The different types of fluids all seem to carry these diseases. I will not name them all.

So, if this is the case, can drug usage be transferred? I know that a pregnant woman can deliver a baby that is addicted to crack and such as that. But, I am referring to two adults. Can someone fail a drug test if the share the same bed with someone who is a chronic drug user?

If not, why?

A NO, this has nothing to do with personal life or a personal experience.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 10-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
As far as my guess goes, no. Drugs are just chemicals that sooner or later will be flushed out of your body. Plus the amount of drugs transferred will be so miniscule, that there is no real danger of it going in your blood and making you addicted, or upsetting the drug tester machine.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
So because it is a chemical that your body immediately starts to break down, it will not be transferred. That makes sense.

What about those drugs though that they say can stay in your system up to 30 days or more?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 10-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Then they'll stay in your system for 30 day or more. But once again, very small amounts.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Drugs will be filtered at the kidneys and excreted in urine. However, urine is held at the bladder until a signal to relax is sent (during urination). So I don't see how it can jump to the other person. Assume that it does spit into the air (!!!!), it can't get into the person's body unless it travels through his/her oral cavity. If by chance, it gets into the other person through "that" contact, it should be minimal and the body will act to get rid of it. Sexually transmitted diseases got their names because the acting organisms can invade the reproductive system. I'm not too sure about drugs in general. The rectus (the other opening) is continuous with the gastrointestinal tract which shouldn't have much of the drugs or at all because they're meant to be absorbed into the circulation to exert their effects. Again, we're just looking at possible tranmission pathways in a sexual intercourse. I will say no but I will ask my lecturer when I have the chance because it involves chronic drug use which maintains the drug concentration in the body, so it may do other things I can't think of or actually know of, given my limited knowledge.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 10-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I've also always been curious... if someone has AIDS / HIV, and they have unprotected sex with someone that's not infected, its it 100% chance (or very close to 100%) that the other person WILL get the virus??

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
"Reproduction" lecture series is 1.5 weeks away. I will come back and try to answer this question again, with at least better knowledge than I have now. lol

Meanwhile, any experts in the field please help us.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I've also always been curious... if someone has AIDS / HIV, and they have unprotected sex with someone that's not infected, its it 100% chance (or very close to 100%) that the other person WILL get the virus??
No, transmission of STDs are actually very low. I have still yet to find some good "trustable" sources on that but many google sites says that chances are low. Plus, the show in Forensic Heroes also said the same thing (which was why I had googled it once upon a time for dad, if you remember. No wait, you were out). But once I get time I will go and find some good sites with good scientific information (rather than those "Ask Dr. Blahblah!!").

I am not sure about drugs. I have wanted to look into this when I saw the thread but haven't had the time yet. Though I have usually assumed that no, drugs cannot be transmitted that way.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #9
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
"Don't be silly, wrap your willy."
Old 10-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
Spirit
complete once again

lam - when you ask, also ask about the different types of drugs. Do pain killers act differently than….. say cocaine?

Closed Thread