Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 01-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
IcED
Angry Wolf

IcED will become famous soon enoughIcED will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IcED
Who else is sick of PETA’s “I’d Rather be Naked” ads?

Who else is sick of PETA’s “I’d Rather be Naked” ads?

Don’t get me wrong. I love and care for animals. I wear faux fur and leather, and I prefer cotton over silk. I support PETA’s cause; abused animals need help.

However, I’m getting sick of their increasingly sexual “I’d Rather be Naked Ads”.
I know we have to save those poor animals, but advertising nude pictures isn’t the way to do so.

Remember PETA’s Super Bowl Ad (WARNING: A lot of sexual references) that got banned?

Is the nudity and sexuality really necessary?
WARNING: Lots of nudity. Scroll down at your own risk.

Be comfortable in my own skin? Don’t fool me.
If being ‘comfortable in my own skin’ involves nudity and sexuality as is clearly shown in those ads, I’d say no thanks. Any moral person who respects their body would do the same.

Not only that, but they also slandered the Catholics a bad name.

Joanna Krupa, the model in the ad, explains:
“It's understandable that the Catholic League is wary of another sex scandal, but the sex we're talking about pertains to dogs and cats," said the former ”Dancing With the Stars" contestant, 30. "As a practicing Catholic, I am shocked that the Catholic League is speaking out against my PETA ads, which I am very proud of.”

Seriously Joanna, you need to check your ethics.
I may not be a Catholic, but I don’t need to be one to know that endorsing in ‘sex’ like this is a shame.
Just as it is bad to abuse animals, its not very modest to sell out your body for dogs and cats.
Catholic or not, you should –at the very least- believe in decency.
Its the lack of moral decency that ruined the Catholic Church, and this one is no different.

I’ve looked up to PETA, for their courage and determination in saving animals, in a world wear leather and silk is widely coveted. But what the heck are these ads? I’m looking up to this?

I support your cause, PETA, but of all the methods you could have taken, why this?
I’d much rather see every PETA member pie Karl Lagerfeld for creating fur clothing, rather than this.

Last edited by IcED; 01-05-2010 at 03:36 PM..
IcED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
It's an advertising campaign. An advertising campaign's first duty is to get you to notice it. It's second duty is to get you to think about the product/message. On both fronts, I'd say this campaign has succeeded.

There is nothing unethical about appearing nude. I'm sorry that some religious and cultural taboos compel you to feel that way.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
IcED
Angry Wolf

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
It's an advertising campaign. An advertising campaign's first duty is to get you to notice it. It's second duty is to get you to think about the product/message. On both fronts, I'd say this campaign has succeeded.

There is nothing unethical about appearing nude. I'm sorry that some religious and cultural taboos compel you to feel that way.
Posing like Playboy Playmates in an attempt to save animals?
That is the most absurd idea ever.
I'm sorry that you seem to have no mind of decency.
(Which I have to say, you don't need any religious or cultural rule to tell you that being 'decent' is something we must follow, regardless of whatever path you believe.)
You might as well be hypnotized by these ads.

These ads sure does catch the attention of older audiences, but didn't PETA think that little kids will be seeing these ads?

You don't need to be nude to convince people to take action against animal abuse. And you certainly don't need sexual innuendos plastered all over to get them to understand the message of "Stop Animal Cruelty".

Last edited by IcED; 01-05-2010 at 09:44 PM..
IcED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I used to work in advertising, and above all there is one universal law: sex sells.

We're sitting here discussing PETA and their campaign. This is what the campaign is designed to do. They've massively successful because of this.

I'm not hypnotized by these ads because I have a healthy sexuality. I don't become a drooling moron because I see a naked woman.

I'd also like you to define "decent" in pure, objective terms.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:52 AM   #5
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Hey, it's their call. Couple of scandalous pics will get the job done.

Although they did go overboard with the veggies ad... and the Catholic one made me giggle.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 AM   #6
IcED
Angry Wolf

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
I used to work in advertising, and above all there is one universal law: sex sells.

We're sitting here discussing PETA and their campaign. This is what the campaign is designed to do. They've massively successful because of this.

I'm not hypnotized by these ads because I have a healthy sexuality. I don't become a drooling moron because I see a naked woman.

I'd also like you to define "decent" in pure, objective terms.
"Decent" meaning appropriate for everyone to see.
These ads aren't exactly for everyone's eyes.

Sex may sell, but I know any decent-minded person won't buy into that.

Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Hey, it's their call. Couple of scandalous pics will get the job done.

Although they did go overboard with the veggies ad... and the Catholic one made me giggle.
The veggies ad was the worst one of them all.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 AM   #7
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Again, you use a subjective word "appropriate". There are no objective standards of what is "appropriate" and/or "decent".

If you're worried about children seeing these things, then you should be bitching at the parents for not keeping enough of an eye on the little buggers. These ads aren't being placed in Highlights or Disney Adventures.