Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Guide to Gold Hill Adventure KQ (20-32)

Since there wasn't one already and there was an inquiry about it I thought I'd put it up. If there's anything you'd like to add, just post it and I will do the changes. :P

Gold Hill Adventure

First and foremost, you will need a pickaxe and the skill scroll for it to be of much use in this KQ. You can buy the pickaxe from Item Merchant Pey in Roumen and the scroll from Skill Master Ruby.

This particular KQ is the reverse of the Slime KQ. You are at the top of the hill and trying to get down to the bottom and escape! (But you are not required to kill all the monsters)

When you enter the KQ, you will be required to dig for the Hidden Key in the ores placed in each level. If your level is lower than 25 that will be your main job unless you happen to be a cleric then you need to help heal as well. As soon as you find the key go towards the Ice Gate and open as soon as everyone is ready. You are given 5 minutes to find the first key.

As soon as the gate is open the next level is opened up for you. Each level gives you more time to find the key but there is, of course, more monsters and a bigger area. Find the key and run back the same way since you would've cleared majority of the monsters already. At each gate, make sure that everyone is ready before continuing on. This is another key to success!

At the third gate, the one before you reach the final level, make sure you rest up and prepare for a "mini" boss - Gold Miner Marlone.

*Note: You are on a hill when fighting this boss!! And the time is still ticking!!

If you are a tank, run up ahead and of course use your Snearing Kick on him like you do with any boss and keep at it. If you have less than 900 HP don't even think about going near him because you'll just take a cleric away from their healing duties. You will be more helpful to either stand back or start mining the ores away from monsters. The clerics jobs are pretty straight forward, heal and cast-rotate Invincible on the main tank. Archers and mages are best to stay behind the clerics and deal damage.

This bit is straight forward, it's just like the Mara KQ and the Marlone in there. It's just that when you die, your body sort of disappears into the hill and unless you've got a cleric in your party with Revive, it's not so easy you pick up your body. So be careful.

After you've rid yourself of Marlone, it's a race to get to the hidden key! Be wary of the archers and the magic books and mine your butts off. The key can usually be found by the time ticks 5-7 minutes. Afterwards, run your group towards the final Ice Gate and rest up before the big fight.

Gold Robber Boss
**You only have 5 minutes to defeat the boss and enter the gate to finish!

This guy is much easier than Marlone because this one doesn't have an AOE. So as long as he is concentrating on the tank you're good to go. Even if you happen to be a lower level fighter, you can get close and personal with this one. But of course, he will still hit pretty hard so the clerics should be on their toes. With a good party, 2-3 clerics is enough to help keep the main tank alive as well as the other fighters. The rest should concentrate on the boss and give it as much damage as possible!

I must stress this but as soon as your taunt skills cool down, use it again and keep using it. The boss will readily change targets if you do not do it.

Once you see that the boss' HP is looking like a small slit, run to the far end of the area and find the Gate (it'll look like the entrances to fields/towns) and click on it as soon as the boss is dead. Good job and well done!

Time Limits

First Level: 5 min
Second Level: 8 min
Third Level: 13 min
Last Level: 14 min
Boss Fight: 5 min

Tips

- The main tank should lure monsters away from the players and ores.
- Keep away from monsters as much as possible.
- Work as a team, this is the most important aspect of this KQ.

That was it, I may have missed a thing or two. If so let me know and I hope this helps!!

Last edited by Loveless; 09-23-2007 at 04:37 AM..
Old 09-20-2007, 07:49 AM   #2
NavMan
Tomb Fox

Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Navv
Current Level: 1000000000000
NavMan will become famous soon enoughNavMan will become famous soon enough
Excellent guide. Although, I was wondering if there was any specific time to open each ice gate. My first time doing the KQ, I had found the key on the second level, and we were all waiting to rest up. Someone told me to open it when the timer hit 5:00 or something. Is there any specific time you should open the gate to get maximum time in the next area, or would the time be the same amount each time?

Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I've added it and will confirm the next time I go in.
Closed Thread