Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #21
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts

Well, I'd prefer not making an essay-length post like I did at another forum I was on, but I only have a problem with how ignorant many "minister's children" are becoming.
*might revise on comp*

I'm wondering if any of you watched the Nova special on teaching "intelligent design" as a purely scientifc topic in a Dover, Pennsylvania Biology class.

I highly recommend using Veoh, YouTube, Limewire, anything to watch it.

I feel sick and slightly (very) mad when I think about it, so I'll let you guys find out more.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:07 AM   #22
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm in short i believe..

Exposure = good

Forced = very bad...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 AM   #23
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Well I am a Christian and I do not believe in evolution, and I dont believe there is anything wrong with sharing my opinions. However, I still think that it is wrong to force them on other people. I also do not believe that anyone will go to hell just for listening to the theory of evolution. While I dont believe that its wrong to expose children to religion at a young age, they shouldnt be forced. They should believe out of their own free will.

I think your father should try and understand that while there is nothing wrong with expressing his views, there is a proper way to do it. Rather then saying "evolution is wrong and all who believe are stupid", try "I believe that evolution is wrong...". and do not insult other people, and tolerate them.

Also, perhaps u might want to explain to your father that the way he says it, the child might grow up one day and look back at that point in his life, and forever have a bad impression of Christians.

Another thing to note (is this turning into an essay?), is that Christians are not required to force people to become Christians. We are only commanded to share the story, and what I believe is that only God can convince the person.

Last edited by NotMyWay; 01-09-2008 at 05:09 AM..
Old 01-09-2008, 05:25 AM   #24
AnimosityAlone
Sharp Boar

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Animosity (Professor)
Current Level: 99/70
Server: RO
AnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to beholdAnimosityAlone is a splendid one to behold
There will always be debate. Religious parents argue they are teaching their children to live moral lives, non-religious parents argue that children should choose on their own. I know parents on both sides of the issue, and I don't think I can judge which is right or wrong. I won't force religion on my children, though.

On a related note:
Old 01-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #25
A_Forever
:w

(O_O)
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #26
Mordecai
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Dinicakes
Current Level: 28
Server: Teva
Mordecai is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't force my children to practice the same religion as me. Of course, when they're young, I would include them in the religious ceremonies I participate in, but I would also expose them to other religions so that when they're older they can choose what to believe in, if to believe in anything at all. I don't think it's fair to teach a child to follow a certain way of living if he or she doesn't understand the full meaning of it. As adults, they would not know anything about their religion apart from that it's the "best" one there is, and therefore they would teach their kids about their religion and denounce all others, and the kids would follow the same pattern, and even if they wanted to get out of it they wouldn't be able to.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #27
Yamazaki
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Yamazaki
Current Level: Paladin
Server: Apoline
Yamazaki is on a distinguished road
Greetings,
I want to have a say in this if you all dont mind,I want to ask one question and if you can answer this then you mybe in the right path..

Q.Why are we created?

yes, simple yes..but do u actually know the answer? well in my opinion I think learning relegion is the most important thing, sepcialy in an early age to strengthen your beliefs, like when you learn what right and whats wrong, if you think its worng to learn it at an early age, what do you say if your parents didnt teach you how to read and write untill you are above 12?

its simple, relegion is what makes us humans move, live and believe,you try to figure it out, lolzzz.

" I will help whoever whenever "

Name:Yamazaki
Server:Apoline
level: Paladin
Guild:storm
Rank In Guild:Master
Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #28
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
If u really are interested, I believe that humans were created because God wanted to have a relationship with us. I also believe that we are given free will because God doesnt want to force us.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #29
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
parents (well, good parents) want what's best for their children. simple as that. Now, according to most religions, its sort of a "join or suffer the consequences" thing. so these people honestly believe in their heart of hearts that exposing their children and teaching their children the ways of their given religion is what's best for them. How can you honestly argue with that?

you guys say "blah blah, give the kids a choice, you cant force them" but they are kids, they don't always comprehend the "big picture". if a child doesn't want to eat his vegetable, does the parent just think oh well thats fine, dont eat your veggies? no, usually, there is some sort of coersion to make the child eat. This is the same idea applied to a much bigger issue. If the child doesn't want to go to church and save his or her soul from eternal damnation, can you expect the parents to just sit idly by?

i might not agree with it, and you might not agree with it. But they aren't our kids, so it really doesn't matter. These parents are doing what's right by the kid in their eyes, and that's all you can ask a parent to do.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #30
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I still think my dad is sending them the wrong message. If I were religious and and exposed my kids to my religion, I certainly wouldn't say "Don't listen to buddhists/atheists/pagans/wiccans/islamics/jews/etc, their religion is wrong and stupid, and everything that they believe in is wrong".
Closed Thread