Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
axel006
Phino

In-Game Name: O_OInsomniac fighter;yayz cleric;hurrah archer;HappyMageFriend
Current Level: 19;36;26;22
Server: Teva
axel006 is on a distinguished road
So hard to join gold hill kq.

whenever i try to join gold hill, my computer is always 2 slow. how come they dont just put more slots in?
Old 02-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Current Level: 6x
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
I cannot figure it out at all the one KQ I can hardly ever get in. My computer tells me the thing is full instantaneously. Anyway all the KQ could use a lot more slots and the whole system is broken if you ask me. There should be enough KQ such that you can join one at anytime. No instead of time slots, you just join and when I fill situation occurs I KQ instance is created. Never mind that would be far to complicated for outspark to figure out, they cannot even get timing function right on CS items.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by axel006 View Post
whenever i try to join gold hill, my computer is always 2 slow. how come they dont just put more slots in?
Your computer just might be too slow if you're seeing the KQ like that. =/ Sorry. You might try doing it in a lag... freeish area. I used to go to CP to join GH but... Collapsed Prison has turned into Collaggsed Prison. -_-;

Or try a relog right before KQ.

Originally Posted by Amanda2_0 View Post
I cannot figure it out at all the one KQ I can hardly ever get in. My computer tells me the thing is full instantaneously. Anyway all the KQ could use a lot more slots and the whole system is broken if you ask me. There should be enough KQ such that you can join one at anytime. No instead of time slots, you just join and when I fill situation occurs I KQ instance is created. Never mind that would be far to complicated for outspark to figure out, they cannot even get timing function right on CS items.
The time limit thing is used to limit the amount of KQs that are going in the first place. If anyone could join a KQ at any time, some people would just KQ non-stop. And that means:
1) People wouldn't be out partying; before the relog glitch, during Robo KQ, CP would literally be deserted.
2) More KQ stuff flying around

But in general, I agree. Gold Hill needed more rooms, more than Robo anyway. Robo could barely get 3 passing rooms in the first place and they add three more rooms? B probably Successes the most but other than that... it's a crapshoot.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
LetMeHealYou
Slime

In-Game Name: LetMeHealYou
Current Level: 22
Server: Bijou
LetMeHealYou is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LetMeHealYou Send a message via MSN to LetMeHealYou Send a message via Yahoo to LetMeHealYou
Yea, I tried joining the gold hill Kq but all of a sudden it was full-.-
what i do so i can join it is
just stare at the computer screen and wait till it says recruting
then its all up to my clicking reflexes lol

but theres only 3 Kq's an hour for Gold Hill
even though it only takes 35 minutes or less
to complete-.-
they need way more rooms
Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
I think someone should sticky a guide on how to join KQs, there are so many countless threads on why people can't join a KQ. I dont want to go through all the other threads and have to copy and paste all the advice that I and other people have mentioned to get into a KQ...
Old 02-21-2008, 05:25 AM   #6
sylfin
Crab

Server: Bijou
sylfin is on a distinguished road
I think it has nothing to do with you pc or internet connection. I also noticed that the Gold Hill adventure is instantly full lately. Normally I could easily join in the morning but during the last 2 weeks the quest is just instantly full. Maybe they just need to heighten the minimum level to join, I personally don't understand why lvl 21 chars can join while they also have the Mara KQ available.

Sylfin, lvl 3x Wizmage, Cypion
Old 02-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Current Level: 6x
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
Well duh there would be a limit to how many times you can join and overall that system would work a million times better. there are only 45 slots for most KQ each hour there are likely 300+ fighting for those slots, that is very broken. Also even if there was no limit hardly anyone would KQ all the time and stop grinding, because other then doing them for the quests they have little value. Besides maybe spider cause the mats are worth something, but you can already chain spider anyway. More KQ slots to confuse people we don't need, keep its simple and clean.

BTW less people in CP is a good thing so I don't understand your point there.

Last edited by Amanda2_0; 02-21-2008 at 01:20 PM..
Old 02-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by sylfin View Post
I think it has nothing to do with you pc or internet connection.
But it does have something to do with lag. If your computer is lagging, then your going to get a delayed reaction so by the time that you think GH has started recruiting, it may have already been recruiting for 3 seconds. That's the main reason people go to a low density map or relog right before the KQ.

Originally Posted by Amanda2_0 View Post
there are only 45 slots for most KQ each hour there are likely 300+ fighting for those slots, that is very broken.
Just because supply outstrips demand doesn't mean that it's a broken system. =/ If you naturally have a laggy computer, Outspark shouldn't have to compensate for that.

Quote:
Also even if there was no limit hardly anyone would KQ all the time and stop grinding, because other then doing them for the quests they have little value.
Actually, the experience for a successful Robo is better than what I can get grinding solo in GC. Not to mention that most people hate grinding in the first place and would rather just do KQs, especially at the lower levels where one KQ might mean another level (hence, the rushing in Mara, especially A, so they can get done in time for Room F or whatever).

At any rate, the premise behind the KQ is to organize a random group of "strangers" together and make them work together to achieve a common goal. Unlimited rooms would allow pre-KQ planning (which isn't a bad thing) but it would cause more people to simply stay within their groups and not associate with the other people in the KQ.

Quote:
More KQ slots to confuse people we don't need, keep its simple and clean.
That makes no sense. How does confusing people make it "simple and clean"?

Quote:
BTW less people in CP is a good thing so I don't understand your point there.
Less people=good
Empty map=boring

And the people who really need to leave are the lowbies who are spamming for a plvl or those who are in CP ahead of themselves, not necessarily the 30/35+ or even 40ish who can handle it with a fullish party.

Last edited by Ralath; 02-21-2008 at 04:01 PM..
Closed Thread