Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 01:17 AM   #31
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice

Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
Ok I have a lvl 60+ cleric and have been playing awhile so I know what you mean about AOEing. But really there shouldn't be a need for a cleric to have to use a stone or a pot when its just a regular party such as in KQ unless all of your teammates just happen to be practically killing themselves constantly. So in most KQs its usually not the clerics thats the problem(unless they are really THAT bad) but more of other people who put themselves in more danger than need be.

I find that most clerics in the 11-39 bracket are extremely irritating and non-supportive. Unfortunately, that is the level bracket of my archer. Let's take a look at my usual situation in..say a Gold Hill KQ. Cleric/Fighter in party tanking, me shooting from a distance. Eventually I pull aggro. When the monster gets close enough, I use Nature's Protection. The monter almost always lands a hit anyway. I lose a bit of my HP. Ok, so its only a bit. But after 5 monsters? Or 6? My requests for a heal either go ignored or refused. I know how to ask. My main is a cleric, and I face the same problems that you do except the "Buff plz" thing which I'll be facing soon enough anyway (Once I get back to the game that is).

So yes, in AOEing most of the time you will need to use a pot or stone instead of healing yourself or else your other member(s) of your party with most likely die. But also I do agree that it is your responsibility to take care of yourself first if your gonna die instead of your teammate. I was mostly irritated at your post because most of the time you were acting as if a cleric is just a tool for yourself to stay alive instead of a teammate.

A cleric has to support his full team and himself, which is what makes him the most difficult class to play (in a party atleast). But the clerics I see nowadays just make good solo players and while a few do make an effort, most stick to banging away at the monster.

No, it is not a cleric's job to make sure you don't use any pots/stones. It is the clerics job to try to keep himself/teammate alive yes, but there shouldn't be a point where the cleric has to constantly use only pots/stones because whoever he/she is healing refuses to use a stone/pot for themselves.

Which is why I said "Ideal Cleric" I don't claim to be such a heal slave that I forget about myself, but I really don't think about whether the other guy is spending as many SP/HP stones as me whenever I'm in a party.

It doesn't suck, its better if you have been a cleric for awhile. If you can imagine how it is for most clerics who are expected A LOT out of them at all times then its a little easier. I mean I was really excited to give people buffs when I first obtained the skill. But when people follow you around and keep asking you for a buff thats more annoying than anything. If you ask nicely by saying 'please' or even just whisper, you are more likely to get one. The second you demand one or follow someone don't count on getting one. The same way when it comes to healing. If you demand someone to heal you at all times theres no way they would actually heal you.

You're saying my guide sounds like a demand to heal? Well it is. But it's meant only for the ones that don't heal at all.

Even if that is true there is no way you spend more on HP stones or SP stones than clerics do either way. So theres no reason anyone should complain about using a stone/pot unless they are a cleric.

I disagree. I find clerics by far the cheapest class, which is why I'm encouraging sacrifices on our part. Sure all clsses have to make sacrifices, but this is cleric guide. If you're in a party that doesn't do its share, then lay off the sacrifices. Start shrooming for SP etc. etc.

On a final note, this is a really old guide, it doesn't have many of the new things like empowering power for heal and so on etc.. I never really expected this guide to surface again, but I guess I'll get around to editing it sometime.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 09-20-2008, 03:54 AM   #32
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
Ok I get what you mean. etc
I wont' quote the wall of text, but yeah I do agree with you on most of the things.

For the making money/seq drops thing, since I've always partied with my guildmates, I never had a problem with that. Though I'd imagine that if I was to party randoms some day, if they don't put it on seq I won't party with them at all, lmao.

And yeah, of course, no one should ever demand anyone of anything unless the other person are total noobs and aren't doing their jobs!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:26 AM   #33
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
So, even if you're a pure STR cleric with a hammer, your dmg won't match up to anyone except maybe a full END fighter with a 1h sword.
Can I just pop in for a second?

<- Pure STR with Hammer.

My Dmg: 1910~2048 solo.

My pure STR fighter axe user friend's Dmg: 2012~2,2k

...?

I'm Lv 84, but I can kill Lv 75 fighters in PvP if they're pure END at me without extenders or charms.

So can I object to your claim there?

EDIT:

and

Pics of my timed item list, etc, etc.

Also realize my Dmg will be higher when I don't have an NPC shield, and I can get something more than DEX +28 on my hammer.

Yes, I'm using Lv 80+9 hammer, but so is my friend up there. He loves his Lv 80+9 axe

Looking back on that, I have T3 Vit, Aim, and Def scrolls on that the char stats is covering up. >.<

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ

Last edited by booyah8876; 09-20-2008 at 05:36 AM..
Old 09-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #34
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
What about the actual damage difference from the Fighter's pool of offensive skills versus the Cleric's lone Bash and normal attack?

Interesting to see.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #35
booyah8876

booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Well after logging onto my friend's account, the fighter skills don't add as much as bash does, unless they're like precise hit, or power hit.

The ones with debuffs I see only add a few hundred damage...

My bash is like more than double my damage.

Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 09-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #36
Osiris
Phinofly

Mario Kart Xtreme Champion!Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: 0siris
Server: [Bijou]
Osiris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by booyah8876 View Post
Well after logging onto my friend's account, the fighter skills don't add as much as bash does, unless they're like precise hit, or power hit.

The ones with debuffs I see only add a few hundred damage...

My bash is like more than double my damage.
Well thats pretty cool to hear. It sounds like its awesome for PvP, but it's still kind of unfortunate since clerics can't really kill a bunch of enemies at one time. Unless theres an AOE still in the 80s that I'm unaware of thats pretty powerful and has a small cooldown. I still have a good many levels to reach the 80s so can't say I have checked that out too much

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris
Old 09-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #37
Vasu
Malingerer

Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Have you taken into account the fact that you might have STR gears and he might not? Check on that and tell me, will you? I'll change it as soon as I can see your reply next.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #38
booyah8876

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Have you taken into account the fact that you might have STR gears and he might not? Check on that and tell me, will you? I'll change it as soon as I can see your reply next.
Umm he's got STR and END gear, but sometimes he's missing the STR part because he's an END freak.

That still is like nothing.

Dmg from STR in Free stat = +1 raw damage.

Dmg from STR on EQ = +1/5 damage.

It takes +5 STR on one of those things to = 1 more point of Dmg.

Dx

liZ
Old 09-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #39
Vasu
Malingerer

Yeah I know, but from what I see of these high level weapons, they have STR+30 ish at the max. Oh well, I'll change it soon...actually, I'm really not up to date with any of the latest changes. (Tomb of Helga? I'm lost.) So I'll abandon this guide annd hope someone else decides to write another one. I don't think it would be wise to change much of this myself.There are just too many changes like the heal power upgrade thing and there might be many more changes that I do not know about.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #40
Osiris
Phinofly

Mario Kart Xtreme Champion!Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: 0siris
Server: [Bijou]
Osiris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by booyah8876 View Post
Umm he's got STR and END gear, but sometimes he's missing the STR part because he's an END freak.

That still is like nothing.

Dmg from STR in Free stat = +1 raw damage.

Dmg from STR on EQ = +1/5 damage.

It takes +5 STR on one of those things to = 1 more point of Dmg.

Dx
Ohhh did not know that...So what about for other stats? Is it still like that too? because I thought END still gave you +5 hp just like in free stat

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris
Closed Thread