Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Is there a God?
There are many gods. 2 3.17%
There is one impersonal god. 2 3.17%
There is one personal god 13 20.63%
There is/are no god(s) 14 22.22%
There may be a god/gods, but so far there is no proof of their existence. 32 50.79%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #701
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
He was a charismatic figure. There would be more people who believed that he had done them than those who didn't because of the way exaggerations add onto rumours like a rolling snowball. And to be fair, the Bible would've been written putting its best face on display.
And what would Jesus himself gain from this deciet? other than scourging, and being hung at the cross, which he DID forsee. True, if all went well he would be the most well known man in the world. but he wouldnt know that it would. and he wouldnt be able to experience it in life.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #702
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
You do realize the New Testament was written well after the fact, correct? By members of the Christian sect? You don't think a little hero worship/cult of personality came into play? Just look at how the North Korean government speaks of Kim Jong Il.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #703
Jikanu
Lizardman

Acctually, the Gospel of Matthew is attributed to Matthew the Evangelist, one of Jesus's 12 Apostles. So it probably wasnt TOO Long after the fact. And please explain why a cult of personality would've come into play? oh, and also, please the dramatic turn in the Jewish Community between palm sunday to good friday?
Old 06-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #704
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
You do realize the New Testament was written well after the fact, correct? By members of the Christian sect? You don't think a little hero worship/cult of personality came into play? Just look at how the North Korean government speaks of Kim Jong Il.
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
Acctually, the Gospel of Matthew is attributed to Matthew the Evangelist, one of Jesus's 12 Apostles. So it probably wasnt TOO Long after the fact. And please explain why a cult of personality would've come into play? oh, and also, please the dramatic turn in the Jewish Community between palm sunday to good friday?

You only address one book. The point is that the books were written by people who were in a position and time to embellish whatever accounts they gave. It'd be to their best interest to show things a particular way.

My theology-teacher in Primary-school (who was a Nun) told me that the Gospels were written years after the fact.

It's obvious...

What do you mean?
Old 06-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #705
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Attributed by whom?
Old 06-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #706
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
And what would Jesus himself gain from this deciet? other than scourging, and being hung at the cross, which he DID forsee. True, if all went well he would be the most well known man in the world. but he wouldnt know that it would. and he wouldnt be able to experience it in life.
He probably sincerely believed in God himself.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 06-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #707
Jikanu
Lizardman

Attributed by whom?
Originally Posted by Ivramire View Post
You only address one book. The point is that the books were written by people who were in a position and time to embellish whatever accounts they gave. It'd be to their best interest to show things a particular way.

My theology-teacher in Primary-school (who was a Nun) told me that the Gospels were written years after the fact.

It's obvious...

What do you mean?
1. Ok, i looked into the other ones, and the gospel of John was also written by a direct disciple. I'm not entirely sure about the other two, but most archeologists find many of the events in the Gospel of Luke to be historically accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_th...s_an_historian

I guess to a certain degree there could be one. However, what im saying is that they wouldnt have been diciples in the first place without any proof. they were reasonable men.

I mean how they regarded him as a king and the Messiah on palm sunday and then suddenly condemned him and demanded that he be subjected to the brutalest torture imaginable?

Attributed by whom?
By the manuscript that was written, i suppose.

And so he would lie and commit blasphemy? (assuming he wasn't truly the Messiah)

Last edited by Jikanu; 06-27-2009 at 05:12 PM..
Old 06-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #708
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
1. Ok, i looked into the other ones, and the gospel of John was also written by a direct disciple. I'm not entirely sure about the other two, but most archeologists find many of the events in the Gospel of Luke to be historically accurate.

I would guess that thay can be attributed to them, seeing as they bear their names and all (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) I didn't question whether he historically recorded events and locations that agree with what we actually know. It's the theological aspects that are in question, not his ability as a geographer.

I guess to a certain degree there could be one. However, what im saying is that they wouldnt have been diciples in the first place without any proof. they were reasonable men.

To what source/evidence do you attribute this?

Look at any religion/cult/following today, they have plenty of followers, many of whom would fit the description of ''reasonable.''

I mean how they regarded him as a king and the Messiah on palm sunday and then suddenly condemned him and demanded that he be subjected to the brutalest torture imaginable?

That wasn't all of the Jews (only those in one city) and I have a thought that anyone would have cheered at what was essentially a parade.

I thought that there were people in the crowd at Jesus' ''hearing'' that incited the crowd to cry for Jesus' death? Whichever way, I still don't see how their ''change of opinion'' would affect anything.

And so he would lie and commit blasphemy? (assuming he wasn't truly the Messiah)

If he believed in it...he wouldn't think he'd be committing blasphemy at all...isn't that what the Jews essentially executed him for.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #709
pigspark
Baby Werebear

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Ultimious, Soul_Aimer
Current Level: 51
Server: apoline
pigspark is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to pigspark Send a message via Yahoo to pigspark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_th...s_an_historian

By the manuscript that was written, i suppose.

but isnt their presumed a messiah to come?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #710
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by pigspark View Post
but isnt their presumed a messiah to come?
...i have no idea what you're attempting to ask... seriously...

And at Ivramire: Your choice to reply within a reply makes it extremely difficult for me to reply to you. but i'll attempt to- i'll try not to miss any points. if i do, i'll try to catch them.

1. It was significant since Palm Sunday took place in Jerusalem just a bit before his Crusifixion. And i believe he was brought into Jerusalem durring his persecution to stand before Herod too. That's what makes it significant.

2. What im saying is that they're no different from any other of the jewish people at the time. Why would they alone choose to follow him in spite of there being no signs, while everyone else ended up persecuting him?

3. So you're suggesting he was scizophrenic? i find that hard to believe since all the ideals he expressed made complete sense and werent at all violent or paranoid. if that's not what you're suggesting, then please explain WHY he would think he was the Messiah unless he truly was.

Last edited by Jikanu; 06-29-2009 at 06:53 AM..
Closed Thread