Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #21
Fr0Z3nWind
King Spider

In-Game Name: -nil-
Current Level: -nil-
Server: -nil-
Fr0Z3nWind will become famous soon enough

at least i ask politely once and dont spam
if i didnt get it, i'll just say nvm thanks
and go back go killing spamming stones (really dont mind that except getting mobbed ahh!! >< 1% T_T jkjk xD i dont mind deaths either)
Old 12-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #22
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by .o0O0O0o. View Post
Put a level cap on the CP gate and problem solved. Wish they truly did... As for cleric respect, everyone's got a job (class job). Whoever isn't doing their job, in a party, shouldn't get any respect or xp...
Lmaooooooooooo!

Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
I think people have every right to scream at a cleric who wont heal, because its their responsibility to do so, since no other classes can.
Correct to some extent. Only if that person is partying with the cleric, and that the cleric can actually heal depending on the situation.

Seriously, don't scream at us if all of the other party members are going down quickly. Or if the cleric is having trouble surviving him/herself. I mean, if the cleric is being an ass and is really slow at healing, then scream by all means.

Clerics do have the responsibility if they're in a party. Parties are formed so the players can cooperate with each other. All classes do their own bits in order to keep the party alive and going.

However, if it's someone that's not partying with the cleric, then go awai pliz.

Well I don't really care if they ask me for buffs, I usually just ignore them or tell them I don't have the buff (which is the truth lol). But meh, I still remember writing a mega bit rant on this long ago back in CB.

It's really frustrating at first, but you really only need to put up with this at lower levels, and usually only in KQs. I don't party with strangers, so I never had this problem when I'm grinding, but it's usually the KQs that are really annoying. I guess I kinda learned to ignore the whiners and keep the good people alive instead, LOL.

You get used to it.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #23
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
no shiz, god, that's also one of my reasons of people being rude(forgot to add on it) that made me quit D:

some ppl spam heal, you healed him, he walks off like you are suppose to do it

Thanks Loveless!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:47 AM   #24
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
trouble is.. i think most ppl on this forum is nice enough... not to get to spammy about 'heal plz, buff plz, rezzzzzz plz"

its those ppl on the official forum that needs to look at this thread.... XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-13-2007, 02:59 AM   #25
Fr0Z3nWind
King Spider

nobs and agrees with ^
or some people just need a manner course
Old 12-13-2007, 04:02 AM   #26
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
hahahaha, manner course for rude people? nope, that never works :/, tried it before on my cousin

Thanks Loveless!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:28 AM   #27
Fr0Z3nWind
King Spider

needs nanny mcfee eh?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:45 AM   #28
kosherkid
Mushroom Fighter

kosherkid is on a distinguished road
Well... I think clerics should be treated as every other class is treated. I mean I dont thank other classes more than the others. I mean sometimes when looking through the posts its like clerics want to get extra thanks for their work, I dunno.

There are exceptions though. Like when a cleric rezzes me or heals me or even buffs me randomly, I gladly thank the cleric. They didnt HAVE to do it, but they did. In parties its different... all clerics need to do is heal, so doing anything else is dumb.

But the conversation you were talking about in the first post didnt really have anything to do with cleric-respect... I think its respect overall. The person was just being a beggar and wasnt treating you with the proper respect. That person needs to learn how to respect people, not clerics.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:07 PM   #29
jacquin
Bored Imp

jacquin is on a distinguished road
To be true, I'm thinking the two sides of this discussion are talking about completely seperate situations:

Those saying that clerics should do what they want are thinking of those that literally abuse the class. I'm speaking of warriors who refuse to buy or use stones in KQs. I'm speaking of that mage that aggos a mob, nearly dies, then spends the next 20 minutes running at 30 hp screaming "CLERIC HEAL!" I'm ESPECIALLY talking about Mr:

"RESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESR ESRESRESRES
RESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRE SRESRESRES
RESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRESRE SRESRESRES
RESRESRESRESRESRESRESRES..." ad nausium

This WHILE I was doing the res.
This occuring EVERY TIME he died.

To everyone: does it make sense that a cleric should NOT have to casually take this? Doesn't it make sense that clerics should have the right NOT to heal under these conditions?

Now, those that are talking about the cleric's job are speaking of those who do NOTHING to help their teammates. I'm talking about the only cleric in a KQ whacking on the boss while the one tanking said boss dies. I'm talking about the ones who expect the warrior to tank, the archer and mage to DD properly, and for themselves to just sit back and enjoy the show. I'm especially talking about KQs where people run out of lives because no one wanted to res:

Yes, there were clerics with res,
No, there was NOT a fight going on, we had just finished a fight with marlone
No, there wasn't so much as said a cross word to the clerics: I was a cleric, though without res and most that happened was a quick "res please" after the boss ran at us, but NO rudeness.

They just sat there and mushroomed at full health till the person faded out.

To everyone, when you're in a party, doesn't it make sense to do what helps out the party? Does it really help the KQ if everyone is dying and fading out because, and ONLY because "I don't have to heal you"?

So how about a compromise? Everyone, clerics, non clerics, everyone: if you are part of a group, do what helps the group. If you aren't a cleric, carry healing items so the cleric can focus on cases were stones/pots isn't enough, be ready to pull aggro off your mates (warrior) or NOT pull too much aggro (archer/mage) so that everyone doesn't end up dead, and for goodness sakes don't be an ##$hole. If you are a cleric, be ready to heal because potions only heal so much, stones run out fast, and we all know that, in a real fight, once you stop the party is good as dead.

And lastly, #$%holes should be treated accordingly, whether they are a spoiled warrior or an egostical cleric (and honestly, aren't they the same thing in the end, no matter the class?).
Old 12-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #30
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
<3 Jacquin.

Clerics are the glue of the party. A good party has everyone working together AND having fun at the same time. Clerics don't have to heal all the time - just that they should heal when necessary. If a party member is dropping below half health shouldn't they be healed already? I think that clerics should be oblidged to do what they want outside of a party, unless it includes being rude at someone for no reason. Inside a party, they should ACT like a member of the party. That means healing/rezing someone when necessary. And besides, who would want to just watch a member die? I'd feel guilty if I did that.

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread