Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts

I disagree. Well, disagree with all but the buff-whiners. I hate them.

When you made a cleric, you should have known what responsibilities come with it. You have to heal, you have to Def/M Def buff, and you have to revive, unless you want your KQ to lose.

I think people have every right to scream at a cleric who wont heal, because its their responsibility to do so, since no other classes can.

It annoys me how clerics get all mad about this. People have as much right as they want to get pissed if the tank dies multiple times due to lack of heals.

Don't say "Well you don't know because your not a cleric", because I have a cleric, and I don't get mad when people beg in KQs. I know what certain classes are supposed to do.

Its different for town noobs who just beg for heals/buffs.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #12
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
kk, I'm not gonna get into a huge debate over this whole thing, because a lot of this has already been said plus I like you. . But, my one question is, why cant that tank that is screaming about dying because the cleric didn't heal him or her, use pots and stones. It is sometimes hard to heal everyone in the party when they are all attacknig different mobs and in different directions, plus the cleric has to wait for cooldown, and although it is not a very long cooldown, when you are trying to 4 different people it can be hectic and simply not possible.
Oh, and I dont think any of the above comments were in reference to KQs. They are a different beast in their own right.

Edit: ooooh, look I am Robo!!! Bwahahaha

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 12-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #13
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
Hmm... Other than Mara KQ, I have yet to really run into a situation where a lot of people would scream at me to heal them. I've seen other people screaming at other clerics to heal while running around, but I guess this is because I don't party much. I heal or rev anyone I come across though and move on. Most of the parties I've been in then to have more than one cleric anyway, and even for ones that don't, we're mostly just working on quests so healing is not really a problem... Or they have some stones/pots to use in case I'm getting attacked. It's not easy to heal someone when suddenly 3 monsters spawn around you.

Too low level to buff so can't really comment on that. I have never asked for a buff yet and never noticed when I receive one until around 6-8 minutes later. I try to say thanks though and hopes the person's catches it (considering how fast chat seems to move in towns).

In any case, I don't expect much from most people so when they managed to exceed my expectations, I'm just happy. If they don't, I can usually deal with it... Or I say I have to go and hide away on the forums/my other characters/something else, haha. ^^'

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #14
pudd
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: pudd - cleric
Current Level: 20+
Server: teva
pudd is on a distinguished road
There is sometimes really stupid clerics too though. Some poor slug in MT nearly died because she wouldn't heal him (and he wasn't stupid, he used stones). I felt so sorry for the guy, I healed him a bit while waiting for bats to spawn. Her excuse was 'I dn't have any mana'. By lv 25, lets hope a player knows what it means to use a pot.
Or ulg, mara kqs. Omg, don't get me started on some of the idiots that get into mara kqs. So happy thats over with.

Some people are just stupid. 9_9

Last edited by pudd; 12-12-2007 at 10:42 PM..
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #15
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
And disagree we shall.

Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
When you made a cleric, you should have known what responsibilities come with it. You have to heal, you have to Def/M Def buff, and you have to revive, unless you want your KQ to lose.
I have no responsibility to heal, buff or rez anyone. I do it because I choose to. When I selected the cleric class there was no pop-up that stated that in order for me to create a cleric had had to agree to this and own this as my responsibility. It is a service I have the ability to bestow upon others but I am not in any way obligated to provide these services at the cost of my pots and stones.

That said, I will and do heal and rez when I can, and when I have the hp/sp buff I will buff people who ask nicely or who I choose to randomly buff.

I think people have every right to scream at a cleric who won’t heal, because it’s their responsibility to do so, since no other classes can.

It annoys me how clerics get all mad about this. People have as much right as they want to get pissed if the tank dies multiple times due to lack of heals.

No they don’t. No one has the right to scream at me – for anything. If you scream at me or demand that I heal or rez you then you have a lesser chance of me healing or rezzing you. Do not scream at me and do not demand that I stop protecting myself or whoever I may be protecting just to use my pots and stones to heal you while you stockpile all your pots and stones.

The tank has the right to use stones and pots or not. If they choose not to and “expect” the clerics to spam heal on them then they chose to take the risk and that choice resulted in their death.

I have been in too many KQ’s on all of the classes. When I take my tank in I use pots and stones and I am grateful to any cleric who bestows heals on me, but never, let me repeat, never have I demanded heals or rez. I have had my tank die many times because I could not spam stones and pots fast enough. And even then I did not blame the cleric nor did I call them names because of it.

I do not consider that my tank is the almighty and MUST be healed non-stop and I do not consider that my cleric is anybody’s personal fountain of heal.

As I said at the very beginning: And disagree we shall.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 12-13-2007, 12:28 AM   #16
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
i know that in kq i should buff and heal teamates to increase the chances of surviving (only if they are polite), but what i dont like is that people in town demand 'hp buff' (i cant even use it yet, and they didnt even say pls, and they spammed pms when im afk), and i also dislike people who demand that i party them, but refuse to put sequential allocation so that they can loot everything. also, in a party, if you think people have a right to scream at the cleric when his heal or revive is cooling down (yes i've played a kq where many non-tankers outside my party somehow managed to die to marlone and i was the only cleric), why dont u think people have the right to scream at the damage dealers for not killing a monster as fast as u expect them to, or scream at a tanker who cannot kick multiple monsters and whose mock is cooling?

I also dont like being ksed just because i refuse to party people who loot everything. I dont remember any ToS which said that "All clerics must have a party at all times and are forbidden to solo"

btw, there are people who dont use stones/pots? i even use hp stones on my cleric...
Old 12-13-2007, 12:37 AM   #17
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
All of this, in this thread, is exactly why I didn't choose a cleric.

=)
Old 12-13-2007, 12:37 AM   #18
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
@ Lady-Loki -

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 12-13-2007, 12:47 AM   #19
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
If they don't respect you, don't heal them.

'nuff said.

Those who don't learn die.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #20
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
And disagree we shall.

I have no responsibility to heal, buff or rez anyone. I do it because I choose to. When I selected the cleric class there was no pop-up that stated that in order for me to create a cleric had had to agree to this and own this as my responsibility. It is a service I have the ability to bestow upon others but I am not in any way obligated to provide these services at the cost of my pots and stones.
Thanks Loki ^ Totally Agreed.

That is the exact attitude people shouldnt take. Just because WE CAN, doesnt mean we HAVE TO. This is for out of party/KQ, but even in KQ/party there's also a limit to how fast we can heal/revive, other people should be responsible for their own lives as well! Why arent there fighters complaining that "clerics was blaming me for her death coz i couldnt keep the aggro on me"

Also, if u think about it, the quickest way a cleric can heal 4 ppl that's atking, she has to do it in 8 secs, and although 2 sec cool down doesnt seem like a lot, it builds up! anyway

I just got my buff skills and am happy to randomly buff people.. i get a bit taken aback if ppl just say "buff plz", i'm much happier if people address the request to me like "Hessah can you buff me plz", it just seems more polite.. but i guess i'm not too fussed... i buff them anyway.. JUST COZ I'M NICE!

But not everyone is bad..

The other day i was in CP, coming back to my party after i restocked, on the bridge before u go into the prisoners... and i aggroed some harkens so i was on the bridge killing them off...

this guy saw me... and stood there watching me kill my 3 harkens, and the entire time he just waited and said nothing... it would've been a good min or two since i was killing it by myself (party was AFK)... and the whole time i was half expecting him to ask for buff..

Nope.. he waited ALL the way till i finished with my mob before asking "hessah can you cast endure me please?" And I happily gave it to him... and even restored his health (i would restore his SP too if i could)

That's the respect we're talking about!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread