Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
"Perfect" Red Eye.

EDIT: To prevent confusion, I will edit this first post now that we know more.

The item "Perfect Red Eye" totally prevents item BREAK when enhancing, not failure like it's bugged description says. I will still leave the original post intact though, under this edit.

------

Ok, so the coveted perfect enhancing helpers arrived finally, and I naturally wanted to exploit them.

But this is a warning to anyone who, like me, thought the Perfect Red Eye totally prevents failure when enhancing. I quote the description:

"Perfect Red Eye (Grade 2)

Decreases the failure rate by 100% when enhancing a lvl.2 equippable item. (10 units)"

Well, I tried enhancing my GGK pole axe (to just +1) using a Perfect Red Eye and a blessed elrue... and what happens? failed on first try. Nothing happened, the weapon did not break, but man, I'm not going to risk another try.

I would never have tried to enhance the axe if there was a chance it would go poof, not after I spent last night working on the license on it. (not to mention O-mie worked on it after I went to bed. <33) It also has some pretty good stats... so yeah, until we get the lowdown on just what exactly these "perfect" red eyes do, I'm not gonna risk anything. :P

Last edited by Lilian; 11-28-2007 at 12:28 PM..
Old 11-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
O_________o
If that happened to me, my heart would go THUMP and then die.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Zucchini
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Zucchini [Cleric]
Current Level: 3x
Zucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of lightZucchini is a glorious beacon of light
GOSH. Isn't it supposed to be 100% safe? Don't look very safe to me.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
I'm pretty sure that's a mistake in their description. A horribly misleading one too considering it's a cash shop item and the fact that you could potentially damage your equipment thinking it's safe.

I'm not a thousand percent certain, but I believe perfect red gives 100% protection against breaking and blue gives protection from degrading. If perfect red really gave 100% failure protection that would mean 100% success rate, so then why would they sell the other enhancement related items?

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #5
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Pritcher View Post
I'm pretty sure that's a mistake in their description. A horribly misleading one too considering it's a cash shop item and the fact that you could potentially damage your equipment thinking it's safe.

I'm not a thousand percent certain, but I believe perfect red gives 100% protection against breaking and blue gives protection from degrading. If perfect red really gave 100% failure protection that would mean 100% success rate, so then why would they sell the other enhancement related items?
Now that I read your idea on it, it does seem very probable. and actually, if it IS 100% protection from breaking, then I'm still happy. I just NEED to know for sure if it does prevent break no matter what before I try again. I nearly had a seizure when I saw the failure on my screen. x_x
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Yeah, I could imagine lol. You might wanna wait for Outspark to change the description but I'm like 99% sure that's the way it works. There should also be another item that increases the chance of success, gold mile I guess they'll call it, but not to 100%.

-------

Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #7
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I'd rather have protection against break =.=;;
If you have success, that's great, but if it breaks ...
Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM   #8
JamieBear
Hungry Wolf

JamieBear will become famous soon enough
Well, im pretty sure that "failure" = "Breakage
So perfect red + perfect blue = no break, no downgrade

when ever i used my 50% red and blue, i got SO many "neutrals"
so using perfect red and blue just means you have to buy hella stones
Old 11-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #9
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

You can still fail, but not break or downgrade.

You can use all three at once by the way. So you can get 100% anti-break/degrade and + some % of success rate.

-------

Old 11-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #10
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

yeah, looks like we solved this issue amongst ourselves, but I still went digging in the officials to be sure. found a post about the perfect red eye, in which STEAM says the following:

"Perfect Red Mile = 100% chance your item will not BREAK on Enhancement
Perfect Blue Mile = 100% chance your item will not DOWNGRADE a level on Enhancement
You still have a chance to fail, but if you use the two items in conjunction, you will not LOSE your item or enhancements you already have on it."

so yay, perfect red eye prevents breaking 100%. I can go on to try to enhance my axe after all. :3 They REALLY need to fix the description though. >_>;;

Last edited by Lilian; 11-28-2007 at 12:17 PM..
Closed Thread