Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #51
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold

If you're looking just to tone things down, and not a perfect world, trust me, we're going in the right direction like everybody says...
Most people are willing to accept others, just that there are some that are more open and some that are less.

But what makes you think that sameness is a bad thing?
Human history travels in waves; times of peace, times of war, and times that history doesn't remember because nothing really happens LOL. Maybe we can learn something if we all become same for a while. The sameness can't last forever, and there will be quite a bit of chaos, but it might be a valuable lesson. Not saying it will, since probably a whole lot of humanity and history will be lost, just saying it might.

And I love the Giver! :D Never read Brave New World, my teacher recommended it to me though since I told her I liked 1948 and Animal Farm.

{ enraya ! }
Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #52
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Because individuality is what makes us human. the ability to feel, and have our own personalities. The society in the Giver was based on sameness, and was a utopia, but not a human one.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #53
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Who are you to determine what is human? (though I agree with you LOL.)

But if I was actually in the Giver, I would think it's a pretty good utopia.

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread