Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
IcED
Angry Wolf

IcED will become famous soon enoughIcED will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IcED
"Mommy, can I buy a Snickers?" No honey, we only have enough for MY CIGARETTES HAHA!

This is NOT my experience! I quoted this from someone in another forum.

Originally Posted by Bokyung
I work at a small convince store, (during weekends only)we sell candies, pops, water, chips, gum, cigarettes, etc. It's a typical small convince store.

The problem isn't the store, its not the products within the store. It's the customers that pisses me off.

I see this often, a parent coming to the store with their child/children. The kid is always between 5-12. When they try to pick a snack, their parents tells them they can't buy it because they don't have enough money.

That's cool right? It can't be helped, they don't have enough money. But what pisses me off is that they buy f***ing cigarettes for themselves which ranges between $ 7.00-12.00 CND. Yet they tell their child they can't buy a chocolate bar that costs $1.25...

Okay, what the ****. Just don't buy the fucking cigarette and buy your son/daughter a candy once in a while. I know you are living in a dump but that doesn't mean you have to treat your child like a dump. ****'s sake, no wonder these kids are happy as **** when I give them a candy once in awhile out of my hourly wage.

I find this is another reason why smoking isn't good.
Discuss.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
A_Forever
:w

Oh wow.

I've seen this happen before. All I could think was, "Stupid parent. How about you stop smoking and buy your kid a treat now and then. Hell.. just stop smoking.. it'll be healthier for you AND your child(ren)."

The excuse I've heard before was, "Smoking helps me stay calm. Things are so stressful."

Erm. Anyways. Its complete bs to me. Honestly.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
so... cancer calms people? o-o
Old 05-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
Actually I find this interesting, my parents smoke though but they always put us kids before it when it came to money problems.

Lol I dont agree with smoking and I'm excited that my parents are actually going to try to stop smoking after... well more than 30 some years? -not sure- Im almost 17 now and they did it way before I was born.

but there's lots of people that doring really care much about their children enough to skip cigarettes for atleast one day to get them something an dmake them feel loved, which is just wrong.

And smoking mor elike... gives people something to do in a way. I dont really make a big deal of second hand smoek though since I grew up with it and Im healthy and rarely sick and don't have any lung problems. I'll never smoke though lol I do think it's dumb to even start though.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Well... I more or less agree with that person... but the otherside of the coin is..

If the parent earnt the money themselves, then they should be entitled to buy what they need/want? Chocolate is also bad for kids coz... it may rot their teeth and contribute to obesity....

But then again.. if they parents have really worked for their own money, they should be able to afford toe ciggy + chocolate =/

Maybe "I got no money" is a bad excuse...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Never smoked a day in my life. And proud of it. I've wasted over $100,000 for the past 18 years, if I was a smoker.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Even if it wasn't a pack of cigarettes... if you're going to say no money don't buy something that costs more than what the kid had initially wanted. Otherwise find a better reason like teeth rotting, etc.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:45 AM   #8
IcED
Angry Wolf

IcED will become famous soon enoughIcED will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IcED
Chocolate may cause teeth to rot, ONLY if you don't take care of your teeth properly.

I myself am a fan of chocolate, and I eat quite a lot. Chocolate icecream, KitKat, Snickers, Mars, Hersheys and other ones I can't remember.

Despite this, my teeth are healthy and clean. I've never had to get a tooth pulled out because of decay. And thats because I take care of my teeth.
(Flossing, brushing, mouthwash, going to scheduled clean up appointments etc. etc.)

If the kids, or if the parents make sure the kids take care of their teeth, I'm sure their teeth will be fine.

That doesn't work the same way for smoking though. Its non-reversible.
The more you smoke, the more you're at risk for cancer.

I'd rather relieve my stress by confiding in my children, friends or family rather than confiding in something that'll kill me soon.

Don't forget there are other ways of 'relaxation' you can get for $7 - $12.

Last edited by IcED; 05-01-2009 at 02:49 AM..
Old 05-01-2009, 02:47 AM   #9
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Rotting teeth was a (bad) example, obviously.

But I assume if you can't pay for chocolate... you sure as hell aren't paying for any dentistry.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:50 AM   #10
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
You can pay for a toothbrush and some toothpaste though...

and do they even still MAKE mars bars? o_o