Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
Diydiva81
Little Hob

In-Game Name: Chiaroscuro
Current Level: 53
Server: Bijou
Diydiva81 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by srabble031 View Post
did you know?

20+1+2=23
or
20+12=32 (which is 23 in reverse)
and
2+0+1+2=5 (which iis 2+3)

/totallysawthemovie
And Your Point?

Honestly it just like a lot of the above. It is a lot of hype (like with Y2K, God that's gonna be 10 years come next. eeek.), but also a lot of people/cultures do make these prophetic/end of the world "claims". Look at Nostradamus, who if I remember correctly also made predictions of the world ending in 2012.
But a lot of his "predictions" (like with Hitler & WWII and 9/11) had been retrofitted to current events.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Didn't they also say the world was going to end some years back too?

i think it was like 1992 or something O.o

but meh xD i dont really believe in it much, but you might as well take it as a possibility. You should be living your lives like there's no tomorrow ;D

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
but it's supposed to involve a meteor crash, and from what i read online, some scientist is getting prepared for it. it'll suck massively if we're all wiped out.

Then again, it'll suck for him if his years of preperation turn out to be for naught, since he stopped working in the 90's or something so that he would have just enough money to survive to december 2012...

lol... i can imagine him in his bomb shelter when the clock strikes midnight for the day after it's supposed to end and him being all like... "hellllllllz no...."
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I read a few years ago that in 2014 a meteor or w/e is supposed to fly by Earth.

I have a WW2 bomb shelter in my backyard xD my area used to be a military base and its hidden under our shed. It looks like a dungeon.

But yeah, many many things have been predicted, and they could predict things back then, I'm sure our psychic and holy beings today could predict such things. If it happens, it happens, its better to not know and die going about your regular day then live in fear counting down the days. And I also look at it like this...

Its kind of like pain... if you don't know you have a cut, you won't feel the pain, but once you see it, you feel the pain. Its like things are fine when you don't think about it, but then when you start thinking about it, you screw things up.

What if someone told everyone the world was going to end tomorrow and everyone believed them? The world would go into chaos, 24 hours of anarchy. Then oh shi-- nevermind! We just spent 24 hours fucking things up for ourselves. People have commited suicide, people have killed others, done things they normally wouldn't do.

Thats why I say we shouldn't think about it. If its something we can't avoid, no need in worrying about it, no batteries, water bottles or canned food is going to save you. But if its something like world affairs, yes... that is avoidable, but perhaps knowing if it were world affairs would be best to avoid knowing as well, because people would go paranoid and stress out over preventing it.

Last edited by Yosei; 04-23-2009 at 10:34 PM..
Old 04-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #15
Jikanu
Lizardman

yeah... it just worries me, is all. i dont want to die yet x.x

it's probably false though... best to keep living as long as there's no imminent danger...
Old 04-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #16
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I think the end of the world is the least of your worries.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #17
Jikanu
Lizardman

How so?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #18
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
By worrying about the end of the world, you could be forgetting things that are more important at the current time.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:40 AM   #19
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Trust me, if there's going to be a meteor strike that wipes out the human race, then you won't even know it happens because it will kill you so fast.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:55 AM   #20
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
By worrying about the end of the world, you could be forgetting things that are more important at the current time.
Quite true.

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Trust me, if there's going to be a meteor strike that wipes out the human race, then you won't even know it happens because it will kill you so fast.
but that's what im afraid of... what if i go out durring an argument with my girlfriend, or after a fight with my parents... and if not me, what about everyone who DOES go out that way? everyone deserves to die the right way, you know?