Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Divorce, suicide and relationships

****Disclaimer and End User License Agreement****
Im gonna say alot of things that ive never told anyone, and I have NO fucking idea why im telling you all, but I have to tell someone, incase I decide to end my life. So that way at least someone can know what happened. This is not a cry for help, I assure you. More like a confession. No im not thinking about hurting myself right now. But in the event that a year or two down the road I decide to, at least SOMEONE will know why. Think of it as a message in a bottle. By reading this, you are not held legally liable to testify in any court of law as to the events that transpired to my possible death, for whatever reason it may be. You have full deniability even after reading this story. Just so you dont feel liable after reading this.
****End Disclaimer/EULA****

Well, not alot of you know me, if any at all. My name is not important. I am enlisted in the United States Military and I am married, father of five children, all boys. The entire time I was with my wife, I questioned the validity of our "love". I have an emotional issue that stems from the abuse of my very first girlfriend.

Because of this issue, I have a spiked wall that no one can penetrate around my emotions. I never let anyone in. Never, no exceptions. I never even let my wife in. Well she got pregnant right after we got together and I tried to let her in. But it didnt work. It didnt feel right. It wasnt what love was supposed to feel like because it was forced. She loved me, without a doubt. But I questioned how I felt about her.

I joined the army, halfway through basic, during christmas exodus, I came home and we got married. I decided that, love or no, I would stay with her and make things right for our son. So we got married. The entire cerimony all I could think of was "What am I doing?" It didnt feel right. Not a single part of me wanted to be there doing that. Not what you would imagine you would be thinking of on your wedding day.

Well fastforward to now. We have been married for five years and have five children. And the entire time I have been wrestling with myself about my true feelings. I got depressed and stopped using protection during sex. I didnt care. Live or die, pregnant or not, I didnt care. It didnt make a difference to me. I was numb. So we ended up with all these kids. A house full of fun I assure you. I dont regret not a single one of my children, but I regret the circumstances to which they were brought into.

I forced myself to lie to myself and her, every day, telling her I loved her. Telling her that I wanted to be with her then turning around and asking myself why I was doing this. It was torturing her, and it was torturing me. I know right now your thinking that im a piece of shit for what I did, but before you pass judgement, hear me out.

Well about three years ago, I couldnt look myself in the mirror. I lost the ability to tell where the lie ended and my life began. I lost control of the lie. It consumed me. Everytime I saw my face in the mirror, my stomach began to turn. I was disgusted with who I had become.Everything I did that led up to that day was not in keeping with who I am.

Recently, and nobody knows this in the army or I would be hospitalized, I tried to end my life. I taped a bag to my head and flexicuffed myself to a towel rack while my children were in daycare/school. I know, I know, suicide never solves anything. Trust me, your not dealing with an irrational person here. Im not an idiot and anything you could possibly tell me about that day I have already thought of. Again, dont pass judgement, just read.

Well I blacked out during the whole thing. Somehow or another I chewed a hole in the bag before I passed out or as I was passing out. It saved my life. I woke up with a massive headache, weak and shaking. I decided that if what I was doing was so heinous that I would end my life to be done with it, that I would just come out and tell her how I feel. No one ever thinks they are going to leave the mother of their children. Everyone says to stick it out, suck it up. If your thinking that right now...

Fuck you.

You absorb 20+ years of emotional trauma spilling over the plate of someone forcing himself to be with a woman he doesnt love. Its not easy. I should have killed myself a long time ago. Ive been under so much stress and trauma that my therapist quit this friday. Shes only seen me twice and she doesnt want to deal with me anymore. She feels I need multiple counselors and shes not equipped to deal with the trauma I have experienced alone.

So back on track. I told her that I didnt want to be with her anymore. Selfish, I know. She went through all the stages of greiving, and now that shes close to leaving and were gonna be legally seperated, shes making this hard on me. I guess the reason why im here now is because for a split second today, I caught myself wanting to end it again. They say there is a fine line between the two types of suicidal people. There are the ones that say they are gonna do it. They are upset, emotional, they say they are gonna do it. Alot of them mean to, but are not really behind it. Its an outcry, but to them if it happens, it happens. Then you have the people who dont tell anyone anything, you just find them dead when you come to visit them.

I dont want to end it. Honestly. I have some things to look forward to. Like my kids growing up, a possible future with an amazing woman, but all my wife wants to do is hurt me. She tells me im never going to see my kids, that shes gonna make me broke for the rest of my life, that shes gonna raise my kids to hate me, and im teetering. Im teetering between not caring and not living. I dont question why I decided not to be with her. I need to be happy myself as well. But why she has to torture me on her way out the door is what I dont understand.

To all of you out there, make sure you really love the woman/man you decide to marry. Make sure you love them again when you decide to have children with them, and if they decide to not be with you and divorce you, dont torture the other person untill the end. Even if they initiated the divorce or not, they still deserve a small ammount of respect as a human being. Right now I dont feel like a human being. I feel like if I died, right here, right now, nobody would care or even miss me except for a few people and my kids. Thats not what this is about in the end but still. I cant take comfort in anything anymore. Nothing to coushin the blow of the concrete except the concrete. I dunno im just not in a good place right now and I really like you guys here, so I feel that because I like you all, you deserve to know what happened, should anything even happen.

I dunno. I guess im done for now.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 04-05-2009, 03:27 AM   #2
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
That sucks, man. i honestly dont know what to say. i dont know what it is you've gone through, but no one deserves to have the threat of their kids being raised to hate them.

Just know that you have all of our support, and i'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Divorce/seperation will always be stressful and hard. And she obviously isn't over it. Just because you are over her, clearly you've been for years, doesn't mean she will. She loved you, and you basically sniped her there, she probably never saw it coming. (I'm not attacking you, just giving you more of her perspective)

You had this coming from the beginning. You should never marry unless you really want to. The longer you took, the more you hurt her.

I'd suggest you talk to your kids before all of this goes into effect, to save yourself from possible hate. If they get only her side of the story, yeah, they may just hate you, but if you explain most of the marriage was for them, you wanted them to grow up with a mom and a dad, they may understand.

But still... don't let her threats get to you. Live for yourself now. Well, also for your kids. But if you are happy, and you let your kids be a part of it, they will be happy too.

Suicide is never an option. Most people who say they're going to kill themselves are the least likely to kill to. You're telling us you've thought about killing yourself, you may in the future. Apparently, you've attempted, you could have followed through. Why? You don't want to die.

I strongly suggest you find a councelor. I can't imagine why a councelor would give up on you, unless you're stubborn as an ox. But a councelor is there to help you analyze and understand things in your life. You shouldn't let one relationship ruin the others in your life. We all go through bad relationships.

Last edited by Yosei; 04-05-2009 at 04:43 AM..
Old 04-05-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
Q___Q this almost made me cry from just reading it.

as far as your kids go, go with what Yosei said. I think thats your best option. (if not option, maybe opportunity?)

and divorce is always hard. no matter who it is, someone always gets hurt.

lots of people do suicide... ( just my guess but) im pretty sure that 3/20 (i like to do random fractions so... yeah... my best guess x.x ) of the people who say they are going to commit suicide and try it, somehow end up not dying in the end. i think that in a small corner in your mind, you might have been thinking something around the lines of.. "if i do this, what will my kids think? what about all the people who met me and had some fun times?" and maybe think of all the people crying at your deathbed and such.

sorry i fail at typing stuff like this. xD i try and... yeah fail.

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)

Last edited by cillia; 04-05-2009 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: I fail @ typing...
Old 04-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
You've finally made your first few steps to be true to yourself, and open up and spill your inner thoughts. Talking about it and getting it out of your system is always good.

The stress with a divorce and kids and possibly work will not suddenly stop, but I'm sure you're working your way to better life for yourself.

Look for things that make you happy as well. It could be a hobby, or find a sport to run around and sweat it out.

Don't give up, I'm sure you're on your way to happiness. Good luck mate.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Also, get a really good lawyer versed in family law. You'll need it. Trust me on that one.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Yeah... but if you're in an unhappy relationship, it's best for everyone that it's ended peacefully. try to resolve all harsh feelings, make sure the kids dont feel torn between parents, and all that.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:21 AM   #8
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Don't sulk in your depression. Because you are a Marine (after all), I'm sure you're used to forcing yourself to do things you don't want to. So force yourself to get out of the house and try something new, bold, and daring, something you have never done before, or even thought of doing.

^Tried recipe for depression cure. Trust me, just try it.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #9
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Not a marine but close enough...

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 04-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Now, I can't really blame her for being mad at you. It sounds like she said those things in fits of rage. I'm sure she'll come to terms with it, and not raise your kids to hate you or anything. Just give her some time, and take some time for yourself. You both need it.

Now, I haven't seen any of this personally, so if this is not the case, please don't rage at me.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Closed Thread