Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #31
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation

As clarification: I have NEVER, and will NEVER refuse to heal my party, in or out of a KQ. On the one occasion that I was actually in a party where the tank was ugly to me because I simply could not heal her fast enough (and it appeared that she was not assisting her heals at all) and got mad at me because she died and was hateful I simply dropped from the party and solo'd the rest of the way randomly clicking & healing rather than feel an obligation to heal her when her hp line went down. Granted I did not get as much exp from that KQ, but I no longer felt the obligation to keep someone healed who was that disrespectful to me.

I have lost many parties because the aggro was to great for us to overcome. I know the other members of the party were stoning & potting because their hp would go up when I was healing someone else. Basically that is a case of "$hit happens" (sorry to my party mates who have died - even Patches, cuz I now you thinks we kilz you on purpose).

My comments are simply to say we can and we will, but we do not have to heal anyone who is disrepectful and/or hateful to us. I don't even ask that you call my name when you ask for a heal, rez or buff, but please do include a "please".

Whatever you do, just don't scream at me and call me names because that's when you cease to be visible on my radar.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 12-14-2007, 04:59 AM   #32
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
but when outside a party, the cleric does not have an obligation to heal or buff rude people you know? and the cleric has every right to leave a party too...

as a cleric i do know how to look at the left of my screen and constantly monitor allies health, so there arent much problems (other then the time my noob mage friend was "too lazy to move away and attack from a distance", but thats something else altogether...). i just dont like those outside the party and outside the kq who have no manners and spam me with buff requests or revive requests or party requests ("pls" not included).

although i still think those outside a cleric's party in kq should still be more polite in asking for revive, and understand the simple fact that revive has a 5 second cast time and 30 second cool time, and is unaffected by the amount of times you request for it, or the amount of 'zzzz's u put after 'rezzz plzzzz'. isnt it enough to just say once?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:20 AM   #33
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
But sometimes it helps to tell them that you're skill is cooling instead of ignoring them, coz they think you couldnt see their "rezzzz" spam. Just let them know that its "Cooling"... and if they dont shut up, u can ignore them.

And when people as for Party and I dont want to party them.. i usually just say either "going soon" or "party full" (even if its not XD) and they'll go away..

If they pester then... filter chat, train him back if he trained you... but usually they look for someone else

u might find that (some) ppl stop spamming when u respond to them...

I talk a lot, i tell people what's going on and why they're not being healed / reved (cooldown, too far) and usually they'll understand wats going on...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-14-2007, 05:25 AM   #34
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
yeah true but some people dont seem to understand the terms "cool" and "cast time"... although some do know... btw how do u filter chat from specific people?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:27 AM   #35
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
yeah for those who doesnt understand... they're not even worth the effort to deal with... XD

oh u cant do it for specific people.. but i would've filtered the normal chat altogether and go into Party Chat... kekeke

If only we've got the /ignore function!!!!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-14-2007, 05:35 AM   #36
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

ok thanks... but what if i miss a pm from my freind while i am doing that?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #37
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

u're only filtering normal chat... u can leave whisper on..

or was taht guy whispering u?

then... that's trouble XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-15-2007, 03:04 AM   #38
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

ok thanks, but only a few people whisper me when i afk, so i guess it should be fine...
Old 12-15-2007, 04:14 AM   #39
FlameGirl
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: FlameGirl
Current Level: 6X
Server: Apoline
FlameGirl has a spectacular aura aboutFlameGirl has a spectacular aura about
lady_loki <3333

I agree with lady_loki we dont have to heal, but to succeed in a KQ EVERYONE needs to do their job, and they need to learn how to do their job in the lower lvl KQ's cause once you hit mini dragon the last thing you want is a cleric who doesnt heal, a tank who doesnt aggro, and DD's that dont do enough dmg... sure they die but in KQ's you dont lose exp so they have nothing to be angry about. But KQ's are completely different to the normal game.

I usually party with my bf alot, and he was always voted main tank cause he did the most dmg he'd pull aggro off the other tanks. We once had 2 cleric and 2 tanks in each party, so it was 1 cleric per tank, or 2 clerics to main tank. But the other cleric decided to go afk for a sec... that was no problem... until both tanks decided to attack something and i was healing my bf, but i saw the other tank losing heal so i invinced my bf and ran over to the other tank. But my invince doesnt last long against 3 trumpies, so he died... and all i got was "WHY WERENT YOU HEALING ME? I'M MAIN TANK YOU HEAL ME FIRST, I LOSE MORE EXP THAN THE OTHER TANK SO I SHOULD HAVE FIRST PREFERANCE, I'M YOUR BF YOU SHOULD HEAL ME BEFORE EVERYONE" all i said was "i invinced you so i could go help the other tank in any way i could, and anyway, there is a 2:1 tank:cleric ratio, you technically only had half a cleric and should have been watching your health, 1 or 2 stones could have saved this mess"

I'm one of those clerics that celebrated getting my buff by taking a trip to roumen and buffed anyone with less than 200 hp... i think i spent 30 stones on that trip... but it was fun ^^
I like to buff people, even though im lvl 49 if i see anyone lvl 50+ im all like: o.O 'do they need a buff? YES!! *buff* give me brownie points XD'

Personally i prefer clerics over any other class cause of the responsibility... and cause we can get parties in high lvl areas ^^... some people need to understand theres a 3sec cooldown on heal and alot of monsters hit twice in that time, as far as res goes... clerics take care of the living before they take care of the dead (someone told me that, i was in awe of how good it sounded) and i'm always trying to improve my cleric'ing skills ^^

But the moral of the story is (if you think of it in an absract way, its the moral of the story):
Life is like a shit sandwich, the more bread you got, the less shit you eat! ^^
-thanks dad

lol (so much for a 'quick reply')

Appoline
FlameGirl lvl 6X [Cleric]
Old 12-15-2007, 04:56 AM   #40
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by FlameGirl View Post
Life is like a shit sandwich, the more bread you got, the less shit you eat! ^^
-thanks dad
LOL @ Dad! Me tinks me like youz Dad!

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Closed Thread