Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
-Cleric Skill Guide/Weapon Guide- *Updated*

-I'll just start off by saying that your opinions/experiences may differ a bit from mines but in the end I hope that this guide will better people that have already played and answer questions for people who have'nt.-

Weapons:

-Maces-

The Mace is the basic weapon for Clerics. Its a bit more accurate then a hammer. Its attack speed is slightly higher as far as damage goes its really outclassed by the hammer. I recommend if you are having accuracy problems that you switch to Mace but I wouldnt do this before lvl 40.

-Hammers-

The Hammer not much can be said about it. Its a higher damage but slower less accurate weapon. However I recommend using this up till lvl 40 then switching to mace if you so desire.

-Stat Builds--Again my opinions here maybe different from yours: but I'm just putting them here to help.-

-Endurance Build- *my personal favorite*
I find that a 2:1 or 3:1 End:Str ratio is the best for higher lvl soloing which is what you will do the majority of the time. As for needing Sp we dont really need to raise it..Because we have a nice little passive skill Called Divinity which raises you SP by quite a bit. The damage with this build is quite good as well if you find it still to low for your taste simply upgrade your weapon.

-Str Build-
Some people are more infavor of a 2:1 Str:End build I didnt really find the raising of Str necessary because you get massive boost in Str from leveling up. This build is high in damage but leaves you lacking in Defense and Hp. You will kill quicker but are less likely to be able to tank the higher lvl quest boss.

-Full Spr-
I dont really recommend using this build...its for people who mainly like support roles but this will cripple you...this game jus doesnt require constant partying so unless you have a good friend whos going to party with you everyday DO NOT go this route.

Skills:

-Heal-
Ok this is your basic heal. Fast casting- Quick recharge so its spammable which makes it useful when tanking massive amounts of mobs or in pvp where you are the focal point of everyones wrath. My opinion is like it, love it, use and abuse it. Place skill empowerment points into -3 or 4 points into Sp Consumption-

-Bash-
This is your basic attack skill well worth the money and the SP it consumes.Place a few points into Power and Sp consumption and its awesome. Without bash you are a one trick pony. -5 points into Power 1-2 into Sp Consumption-

-Protect-
Not much to be said here...Awesome Buff...Defense +Dmg....very very very useful when soloing and parties as well. Dont really need to empower this...Well i didnt find it neccesary

-Resist-
Yet another great buff...Magic Defense heh comes in handy you will be loving this buff. Again i find no need to use any enpowerment points on this.

-Cure-
Cures usefullness is debateable lol. If we didnt have it we'd want it but since we jus dont get poisoned enough we dont feel we need it. I feel it should also cover Bleeding. Again no need for Enpowerment here.

-Immune-
Immune gotta love it, But i think it should be a bit more effective since even with it on Ive been targeted with some pretty annoying curses, like Fear and Slow.-SMH im not really sure though this a skill that i wanna test bit farther-. No need for Empowerment here either

-Endure-
LOL...what can i say? who ever says that approximately +400 HP an 500sp isnt worth it please get your head checked. Maybe some points into Sp Consumption again here.

-Stoneskin-
Ok for all of you who see Stoneskins stats an say it SUCKS IT DOES NOT SUCK
It gives 1% block rate at lvl 1 but remember all those points you have in END they give block rate as well where as im not quite sure of the percentage ATM ill add it in when i have the chance. Bottom line is Stoneskin is a very good buff...you'll like it later on.

-Rejuvenate-
This is your second Heal. Heals for 1.2k....but its not a fast cast like the first one.but shoot the heal is GODLY lol so abuse it as well. Tip for using this effectively is: Time your targets hp goin down then use it. Maybe cast time reduction an Sp Consumption here.

-Bleed & Trip-
No need for seperate topics here they are same skill pretty much different skill animation -Bleed - *which is the mace- skill has lower sp reduction but other then that they do the same dmg...dmg gets better as you get higher ranks. Place skill Empowerment points into Power and SP Consumption. - 4-5 points into Power 1-2 into SP Consumption.

-Invincible-
Ok all that needs to be said about this skill is: -nerfed- 8 sec duration and 2 min cool kinda ridicious but heh whatever. Its handy to have around when you need a few precious secs to get healed back up but other then that its just taking up a spots on the hotbar and wasting silver. Place points into Duration here wont help much but you can do it. - 3 points into Duration.-

-Note Ill be adding more skills as I get them didnt want to do this right away but oh well hope its answers some questions-

-Please dont post this anywhere else an claim it as your own.This is for FiestaFan-

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-

Last edited by +Tequila+; 08-02-2007 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: *Updated*
Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Very very naice.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
ColdxHeart
Prock Zone

In-Game Name: ColdxHeart
Current Level: 23
ColdxHeart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ColdxHeart Send a message via MSN to ColdxHeart Send a message via Skype™ to ColdxHeart
Thanks for the guide, this really helps me a lot. Though, when you say place points into something, could you try to give an amount of how much to actually place into what? That would help a lot more. Overall though, this is a very good guide. Keep it up.

Last edited by ColdxHeart; 07-06-2007 at 01:50 AM..
Old 07-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Nice guide and I would try to fix the grammar errors and things.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:52 AM   #5
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fullback1719 View Post
Nice guide and I would try to fix the grammar errors and things.
yea i will correct it pretty soon =) gonna update it with some stuff either way

Originally Posted by ColdxHeart View Post
Thanks for the guide, this really helps me a lot. Though, when you say place points into something, could you try to give an amount of how much to actually place into what? That would help a lot more. Overall though, this is a very good guide. Keep it up.
I had'nt planned on doing that was goin to leave it up to personal preference but if people feel like it will help then i will but.....my personal preferences may differ from your playstyle.

Last edited by +Tequila+; 07-06-2007 at 05:56 AM..
Old 07-06-2007, 06:03 AM   #6
ColdxHeart
Prock Zone

In-Game Name: ColdxHeart
Current Level: 23
ColdxHeart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ColdxHeart Send a message via MSN to ColdxHeart Send a message via Skype™ to ColdxHeart
Originally Posted by +Tequila+ View Post
yea i will correct it pretty soon =) gonna update it with some stuff either way

I had'nt planned on doing that was goin to leave it up to personal preference but if people feel like it will help then i will but.....my personal preferences may differ from your playstyle.
I just like being able to attack, but also being able to buff and heal party members and myself. I would guess that other Clerics may want that too. And by the looks of what skills you added, I would say that's what you were doing.

ColdxHeart - Level 25 HighCleric
-Currently Guildless-. Rofl. That was totally pointless.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Please incorporate some of your godly knowledge into the Wiki Cleric Guide.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #8
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

this guide will be moved to the Wiki soon i think =)

Closed Thread