Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #1
Mujica
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Mujica
Mujica is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mujica Send a message via MSN to Mujica
Build Ideas - Post them here.

Hi, my names Mujica, im new to this game but i hope to be seeing most of you in Cb2. I've chosen to roll an archer and after reading just about anything and everything thats available im thinking about building it for leveling as a Str/Spr/Dex archer. Feedback would be nice on this build as well as others opinions purely on the subject in one place. As far as stats go, since i haven't actually played the game yet, which accounts for a large part of being able to make a build ahead of time, I can't really say what will really work and what won't but im going for an archer that will basically:

**Target ~> Shoot ~> Weave skills w/ auto shot ( if possible ? ) ~> Have monster dead ~> If targ isn't dead Increase speed ( Have yet to work this out, in most games you usually have some kind've skill or item, however i have head about some kind've speed scrolls? ) to gain some room ~> Repeat**

In simple terms, kite the monster around with a soffisticated timing of weaving skill shots in with your auto shot if they're on 2 different timers based on your weapons speed in order to increase your damage enough to the point where the target should almost ALWAYS be dead by the time it gets to you, and from what i've seen how the stats i've picked out effect archers ( Str/Spr/Dex ) The REG dmg ( Non-crits ) will be the filler dmg doing a good chunk of the work ( Around 40-60%? ), skills would do a good portion but i wish they could do more since ive heard about alot of ppl complaining about sp ( Gonna guess around 20-35% ), while my crits would pickup slack and also overall increase my dmg in both my REG and CRT dmg.

From what i've read so far, Str is the main deciding stat for archer dmg and not dex in this game, therefore you cant simply stack all your points into this one stat ( Somewhat successfuly avoiding the archers pwn everyone in 3 hits roll and need absolutley no brain ). Spr decides how much SP/MP you have as well as how much you crit, although ive also read it dosen't successfuly live up to the ratio of other stats early on so i'd probably get more of that later on as i went and start off by getting my str/dex first and then later on around mid 20's low 30's stacking on the spr, and finally your Dex which just increases your dodge and aim which are both 2 VERY important aspects for any class as a dodge is, as we all know, a 100% dmg reduction for an attack ( In most cases Melee, Magic being resistance. ) and aim being the fact that you have a better chance to hit which means you lose less arrows ( if you carry ammunition, as ive stated before, havent played the game yet, small things like this aren't said and i haven't seen it mentioned, but commen sense tells me that you do have them =3 ) and the fact that when you dont miss your DPS goes up, beacuse lets face it, if you miss, your DPS is 0.

Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks ^_^. I hope to be a good part of this games community as i am looking forward to accessing all this games content as fast as possible =p.

- Mujica / Yakooki

I will cut you.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #2
Kiedo
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Evade
Current Level: 51
Server: Teva
Kiedo is on a distinguished road
You have infinite arrows.

I'm going with Pure DEX for reasons I would like to keep concealed for the time being. The most logical Build for a rounded Archer would be a 1:1 STR/DEX.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
Daghian
Mara Pirate Elite

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Daghian
Current Level: 2x
Daghian is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeh Im doing 3:3:1 Str/Dex/Spr
or mayve 2:2:1
Which do you all think would be better?

Congratulations! You have just been Porked!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Mujica
Speedy Slime

I would go with the 2:2:1 Str/Dex/Spr, and then later on in levels when the spr seems to give a bigger increase according to what ive read around the 30's, i'd prob switch up my dex a bit more with spr for easier grinding.

I will cut you.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
I personally wouldnt add spr if I were you since the rate goes up slowly.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
Synelia
Bone Imp

In-Game Name: Synelia
Current Level: 34
Synelia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Synelia
if you're going to increase DEX for aim and dodge, why are you kiting? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me..But then again, I don't know exactly what your build is. Could you tell us? Like, is it 2:2:1 STR DEX SPR that goes to 2:2:1 STR SPR DEX?

Right now my archer is 2:1:1 DEX STR SPR. I'll probably make it 2:2:1 DEX SPR STR or something, I'm not too sure.

What is DPS btw?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Originally Posted by Synelia View Post
if you're going to increase DEX for aim and dodge, why are you kiting? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me..But then again, I don't know exactly what your build is. Could you tell us? Like, is it 2:2:1 STR DEX SPR that goes to 2:2:1 STR SPR DEX?

Right now my archer is 2:1:1 DEX STR SPR. I'll probably make it 2:2:1 DEX SPR STR or something, I'm not too sure.

What is DPS btw?
Damage per second.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
Mujica
Speedy Slime

@Fullblack - I'm not adding an insane amount of spr as i go, just enough to get me by with some extra sp to hopefully boost my skill usage. Using SPR to its fullest wont be used until later on when i give it my focus once around level 30 although i do have to look into the fact of when your crit rating does look like its taking a climb and probably start building it a level or two after that level. Until then however it will be kept at a minimum and pts will only be added to it as needed if see fit by the fact that skills will probably be used in long strung out situations, like if you usually use 3 skills max for a fight and kill the monster but you also pretty much run out of sp, i would plan on using 1 skill ea fight to improve my kill rate and most likely kill with a better efficieny if i did REG for 2/3 of my fight and, like i said, spaced out my sp skills throughout multiple fights.

@Synelia - I'm going for a 2:2:1 Str/Dex/Spr and later switching the dex with spr for Str/Spr/Dex. Im getting the dex for the perfect dodges and the aim for when i do kite, my attacks dont miss and if something goes wrong, i have a high chance to dodge the attack therefore basically making it like it didn't even happen at all. The shorter it takes to carry out a fight, the better, although i dont know how much monsters in this game dodge so im going with the prenotion that they have a fairly good chance to dodge, figuring something like a 1 in 10 chance. Im mainly looking to widen that gap to mayby something like a 1 in 20 chance which would help later on in levels, not early on.

Ps: i will have a small string of vit just so i wont get 1 ~ 3 shot if even possible in this game when/if the dodge rating does give out. Gotta have a backup, right?

I will cut you.

Last edited by Mujica; 07-24-2007 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Forgot to reply to one of the previous posts.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
Synelia
Bone Imp

In-Game Name: Synelia
Current Level: 34
Synelia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Synelia
I don't get this. You are going to have a large amount of DEX. A higher dodge rate, and you're kiting? O.o If it keeps missing you why you falling back? I don't understand this at all..

Thanks rightie for telling me
Old 07-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
Mujica
Speedy Slime

I guess im explaining what im going for as far as specific numbers in stat-wise goes. Lemme try again, sorry, lol. I've been seeing the way you put your numbers like ( 3:3:1 of being priority, am i right? ) if so i've just been confusing myself there. Let me clarify x_X. For stats i plan on raising my str the most, i plan on getting a solid amount of dex for the dodge and aim as previously stated, but not a huge amount of it, just enough so when/if i do get into melee range, they miss me. I'm not stocking up on it, although it will have points put into it beacuse im sure there are going to be times when you have to be able to kite 2 ~ 3 monsters at a time, mayby beacuse of a mistaken pull, or you wanted to tag every monster in your sights. In most games ive come to play, the more monsters that are on you the harder it is for your character to dodge ( The logical way to go ), so if something gets in my way or something unfortunate happens my dodge will be able to pickup, even with this reduction but i only plan on having enough to suffice unless the hit rating ratio is clarified, and if it is i'll probably only a bit more than what i plan on adding already.

I will cut you.

Last edited by Mujica; 07-24-2007 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: Additional explanation.
Closed Thread