Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-25-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
Lirange
Bad Kid

Ps3

Thinking about buying the ps3 in a couple weeks but should I wait? I read an ign article about a possible price cut in august.how significant are price cuts usually? And if I do decide to get a ps3 what model should I get? if I only plan on playing games on it the fat 40/60 gb will suffice right? The memory will just be used on saved game files right?and if I do need more memory I can just get an external hard drive can't I? And if I get the ps3 is there any thing else I should buy for it? I'm guessing an hdmi connector to play in hd but anything else?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:31 AM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I could see a $50 cut perhaps?
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
I would say get an xbox, but don't. This is my 5th xbox atm.

Good luck.
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
what about your new computaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahs
Old 06-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I could see a $50 cut perhaps?
Really?! Thats pretty significant.
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
what about your new computaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahs
My current one broke aha. a good oneis so expensive though.
Originally Posted by Sparkeh View Post
I would say get an xbox, but don't. This is my 5th xbox atm.

Good luck.
I never really like xbox's.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
The PS3 makes the Xbox look like a glorified DVD player with a controller, and with that said, there is a reason why it is now possible for Microsoft to give out free 4GB Xbox's with a purchase of a $700+ Windows computer now.

It looks like in the UK there may be a £20, which is about $30. Maybe there may be a drop to $269.99, but I doubt it. PS3 sales are on the rise right now, and the PS3 is finally profitable, so a price cut may not be so forthcoming.

The PS3 comes with everything you need save an HDMI cable, which you can buy for less than $3. If you plan on installing games on your hard drive, an upgrade may be necessary.

Fat vs Slim is a preference only, if costs are ignored. I prefer slim as it runs cooler and does not attract fingerprints/scratches/dust the way the fat does.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
Lirange
Bad Kid

Why would I need to have games on my hard drive? Do most people download games into it? Price is a pretty significant factor. The fat low gb ps3 will work if I just plan on using it is a memory card right? And if I need more memory I can just buy an external hard drive which is more cost efficient right?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Why would I need to have games on my hard drive? Do most people download games into it? Price is a pretty significant factor. The fat low gb ps3 will work if I just plan on using it is a memory card right? And if I need more memory I can just buy an external hard drive which is more cost efficient right?
You can download games from the store, and buy content for your games which will take some space. And maybe install games to the hard drive for better performance?

Last edited by Sparkeh; 06-26-2011 at 07:20 AM..
Sparkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #9
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
I've never heard of anyone needing or even using an external HD.

I have a fat 80g ps3, with over 27 dl'd ps3 games, 9 ps1 classics, 5 seasons of anime, 4 movies, a couple tv show episodes, a music library of almost 2000 songs, and still have 17g left on my HD lol.

Last edited by MikeyG; 06-26-2011 at 05:09 PM..
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
You must not use HD movies. Those will eat up hard drive space. I don't have a PS3, but I had to get an external drive just to keep some things around.