Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:11 AM   #1
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Why reduce SP consumtion?

I've been reading up on skill point empowerment, but one thing i dont quite understand is why do people reduce SP consumtion? Dont clerics already save a lot of money on HP stones/pots by being able to heal themselves, and wouldnt reducing SP usage mean less points to spend on cooldown/power of other skills?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Most people only reduce SP comsumption for Heal... because we use that skill the MOST...

at the moment at lvl 51, my SP pool is 1963 with Endure buff... my current heal takes 119 SP... if i dont empower heal, i can only cast it a max of 16 times..

after empowering, my heal SP consmp is reduced by 59, so i can cast 32 times.. literally doubled...

so u'll be spending only half as much $$ on SP stones...

Also.. the only skill we've got to empower power is Bash and Trip/Bleed... (not sure about skill after lvl 60, i hvnt researched about those)... and the only thing i found worth empowering is duration of Invincible... i also reduced Heal cool down...

and now i've got 2 skill points left and i dunno wat to do with it... so i'm planning to just save it up for lvl 60+ skills... watever they might be

but there's not taht many other skills we can empower... coz most of our skills are buffs... so yeah...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 01-20-2008 at 05:39 AM..
Old 01-20-2008, 05:34 AM   #3
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
Server: Teva
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Pretty much what Hessah said... 5 points into a skill's SP consumption = 50% off SP... meaning we can cast that... and when you think abuot it... you're not only casting heal... BUT... then rejuvinate, and restore, and invuln, and revive, and buffs, and, and, and, and... it's all to save SP... and yeah... we use heal the MOST. >.>;;

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 01-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
but then does it really matter how many times u can cast heal if u are able to use SP stones and pots? and like booyah said there is also rejuvenate/restore and so on, so that means that ur are actually saving less then half the money on sp stones unless u empower the sp usage of every single skill...

just a off topic thought though, i think one lv60+ skill that might be worth empowering cooldown is recover, an aoe heal. i heard that it can provoke the enemies attacking ur party members better then mock, but i have yet to test it out. maybe quicken, which allows you to "instantly cast ur next spell" might be a possiblity, but how often do you need to instantly cast a skill? also, a complete list of skills (i think), including those aboce level 60, can be found at http://fiesta.gamengame.com/guide/li...sp?classType=2
Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by NotMyWay View Post
just a off topic thought though, i think one lv60+ skill that might be worth empowering cooldown is recover, an aoe heal. i heard that it can provoke the enemies attacking ur party members better then mock, but i have yet to test it out. maybe quicken, which allows you to "instantly cast ur next spell" might be a possiblity, but how often do you need to instantly cast a skill?
Meh. I dun think you would need to empower cooldown for recover because after you aggro all the monsters, there woudn't be any point in trying to heal your teammates again. After that, you should only be healing youurself with Heal or Restore or whatever. And that's assuming you want to clank in the first place. I dun even want to tank as a fighter much less a cleric... >.>
Old 01-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #6
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
but then does it really matter how many times u can cast heal if u are able to use SP stones and pots?
Without the empowerment, you'd have to use SP stones and pots more often. That means you would have to travel all the way back to town from your grinding spot more often, and it can get quite annoying if you're somewhere far from the nearest town.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, if you've got a risk-big party and have to stone while spamming skills every minute, it's going to get annoying and it's going to cost money.
Empowering on SP Usage will actually save you a lot of stones in the long run. And who knows, you might need that silver for something in the future.

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
but then does it really matter how many times u can cast heal if u are able to use SP stones and pots? and like booyah said there is also rejuvenate/restore and so on, so that means that ur are actually saving less then half the money on sp stones unless u empower the sp usage of every single skill...

just a off topic thought though, i think one lv60+ skill that might be worth empowering cooldown is recover, an aoe heal. i heard that it can provoke the enemies attacking ur party members better then mock, but i have yet to test it out. maybe quicken, which allows you to "instantly cast ur next spell" might be a possiblity, but how often do you need to instantly cast a skill? also, a complete list of skills (i think), including those aboce level 60, can be found at http://fiesta.gamengame.com/guide/li...sp?classType=2
Being a support cleric, I spam the all the buff skills the most. I can tell you that I use Heal more than any other buff skill - that includes restore which is the next most common skill I use. I personally don't use rejuv at all. It takes too long to cast for me, or maybe I just tend to have a late reaction. I tried using it a few times, but Heal works way better for me, so I stick to Heal.

Besides, you don't need to cast restore so often since it lasts 15 seconds. You only cast restore repeatedly when you're in a party with four other members going down in health. (But then again, I might reduce SP consumption for this skill too).

Like wacky says, it really saves a lot of money and time from going back and forth.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
nerdzo
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: nerdzo
Current Level: 5x
Server: teva
nerdzo is a glorious beacon of lightnerdzo is a glorious beacon of lightnerdzo is a glorious beacon of lightnerdzo is a glorious beacon of lightnerdzo is a glorious beacon of light
i use rejuv only to gain/hold aggro :x

-Credits to keya for siggy :3
*eats cookies*

Teva:
nerdzo - 5x high cleric - proud member of genesis ;3
nerdzeh - 2x wiz mage
Apoline:
nerdzo - 2x clever fighter
Bijou:
nerdzo - 1x apprentice archer
Epith:
nerdzo - 3x wiz mage - proud admin of DarkSerenity ;3
Old 01-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #10
Cpt_Amazing
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Cpt_Amazing
Current Level: 83|53|45
Server: Epith|Teva|Epith
Cpt_Amazing will become famous soon enough
I'm not sure if this was covered yet but reducing SP on skills for a cleric is great because it's all about SP stones and pots. Basically you save money and time getting stones or pots and can esentially fight longer and lvl up faster
Closed Thread