Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
christensenoum
Slime

christensenoum is on a distinguished road
What are the ways to make your poems spread to the audience?

Hi and my regards to everyone, poem is a way to express yourself and the surroundings that influence you in many ways. There have been poets that have touched either of us and on which I believe that we get inspired to write poetry. One of my favorites is Sir William Wordsworth of whose Daffodils was a great work. I have too some of written poems which I believe will be a pleasure to hear. What are the different ways that one can use to spread their works to the audience?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:36 AM   #2
hongsem
Slime

hongsem is on a distinguished road
Re:
That was indeed a nice poem by Williams and would recommend everyone to have a look at that if they are unknown to it. My cousin has a poetic side too other than his student routine and recently he had mentioned about poetry visualized where the members review the poems posted by other members, either in text or audio and give a touch of their own in terms of graphics, video, paintings and lots of other creative things that suits the poem. It is a splendid way to see your work in a visualized manner as there is belief that people remember the visual scenes more than the audio ones and I believe that this will make your poem more noticed.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:50 AM   #3
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
BOOOOOOOOOTS!!!

*lobs a frag and fires rifle rapidly*

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
They're...evolving.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

I KNOW RIGHT?

These bots are like... talking to each other.....

Instead of just spamming a post with a whole bunch of links... they talk to each to seem more legit...

GG spammers.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Their grammar is absolutely atrocious...which makes them seem like real posters. Really quite a marvel of adaptation and camouflage. I also think its amusing that the second "poster" said "Williams" instead of "Wordsworth." I do like the poem referenced, though. One of the few that I have memorized. Great imagery.

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced, but they
Out-did the sparkling leaves in glee;
A poet could not be but gay,
In such a jocund company!
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
I'm not a fan of poetry myself. Seems a bit roundabout way to express yourself if you ask me. But at these new bots.

@Bela: I read your post as "Boots" and didn't really get it. Oh well.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

The descriptiveness of poetry is kinda the point of the mode of expression. The most direct way to relay the above poem is "Flowers are pretty." We could chant in monotone, but jazz is a much more exciting, descriptive way to use the medium.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
It's poetry and modern art that get me down actually, because most poems and paintings are judged by the poet/artist rather than by the poem/painting. For example, if it wasn't Wordsworth and say, me who posted that poem saying it was my creation, would it be appreciated as much as it is now?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
All writers and artists had to start from obscurity at one point.
Closed Thread