Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Level 20 Job Change Guide: Mages

Level 20 Job Change Quest: Mages

So, level 20 now, eh? Happy that you can do your job change quest? You think this is going to be easy? THINK AGAIN! Now, it could be easy for fighters and clerics, but for mages, that’s not how it works when we have low endurance and high damage (my character had +6 END at the time I took the quest). I have failed the quest three times before succeeding, and if you want to save your time and money to get through this in the first go, then read this guide. I will try and help all the mages out there to prepare for this horrible job change quest. Some might have found it easy, but it was fairly difficult for me because I had no idea what I was supposed to be expecting. This guide is specifically for mages, although I believe all the other classes do the same thing anyway, so I guess it’s still useable for everyone else (except I don’t have any useful tips for other classes).

Before you begin, you will need:
  • HP/SP stones and potions. You will need it throughout the quest (mainly for the last part).
  • Scrolls (I have used vitality, power and… another one that increases your defense but I forgot what it was called). You will need this for the last part.
  • Elderine/Roumen scrolls if you don’t want to walk all the time.

Oh and also, if you have a computer that likes to stuff up or lag every now and then, I suggest you to restart your game/computer/whatever just as a safety measure. I had failed my third attempt because of lag and that wasted a whole lot of my HP/SP pots and scrolls. Not sure if that would help, but it doesn’t hurt to do it anyway, right?

The Easy Part

Now have you have turned level 20, go to Elderine and speak to Enchanter Master Wishis.

Other classes go to the NPCs on the other three corners. Archers top right, warriors bottom left, and clerics bottom right.

She will then tell you to fight 10 boars (after you click a whole lot of Nexts). Piece of cake. I assume you know where boars are by now (if you don’t… they can be found at the centre of Forest of Mist near ratmen). When you’re done, return to Wishis and she’ll tell you to go back to Forest of Mist to see Grand Master Sean.

Note: Before you got ahead to find him, make sure you have stocked up all your HP/SP stones and potions, and your scrolls. The hard part comes next and you will save some time if you fetch your things from your bank now rather than going back and forth.

The Hard Part

Now, go find Grand Master Sean here:

He will tell you to fetch him the shadow key to get into the Dungeon of Shadow. You can kill any monster to get the key (the key is an actual drop). I’ve got mine from ratman, but I’m certain you can get it from any mob. When you give him the key, he will let you into the Dungeon of shadow.

Before you click “Yes, I am”, start activating your scrolls. I’m telling you to do this now because when you get spawned in there, you would be too busy looking at your clone and wouldn’t have time to activate them since they have cool downs.

Yeah, I learnt it the hard way.

You will have 20 minutes to complete this part.

So when you meet your clone, it will start saying stuff like eliminating you, and then you will begin fighting. Now, from what I have observed, your mage clone has two types of attacks:
  • She will hit your with your staff. She does it very slowly, like, *whack* -pause for a few seconds- *whack* -pause again- etc. It shouldn’t take more than half of your life, although she managed to hit me with a staff even though she was far away (not sure if this was a bug since it’s still CB).
  • She can cast one spell on you. This spell HURTS. Without scrolls, you’re pretty much done for. With scrolls, it takes about half my life. You will notice that before casting the spell, she does a certain action and looks like she’s gathering energy or something (the animation looks a bit like when you make an enhancing stone, I think…). Anyway, you’ll see some sort of bright yellow/orange light shining in her hands. When you see this, make sure you have more than half of your life. Be ready to heal yourself. For me, even if I had about ¾ of my life, I ate a HP stone anyway just in case to get full life, and after she casts the spell on me, I will use a HP potion. I use both because both have a cool down and sometimes you can’t just wait for it to finish.

Originally Posted by TIP FOR YOU!
It would be good if you make sure you have a suitable spell combo. Because I have empowered my skills, my Magic Missile has a 4 second cool down and my other three skills have a 15 second cool down. I usually cast Magic Missile first (since it has a the shortest cool down), then cast two 15 second spells, cast magic missile again, then cast my last spell. I still have to wait a little bit every now and then, but at least I don’t have to wait as much if I did Magic Missile > All my other spells.

Also, as suggested by Sheapy, you could use your level 1 Magic Missile and Fire Bolt since they have a short cool down, that way you won’t have to feel as bored with nothing to do because of the long cool downs. =)

Anyway, your first battle with her wouldn’t last long. After you’ve taken about... I dunno... 200-400 hp maybe, she’ll say how boring you are and makes you follow her. You can’t follow her straight away because you get “locked” down for a few seconds. So on the way to following her, you will have to kill two shadow kebings. They’re not hard at all, so no stress.

Next, you have to fight 6 skeletons, I think. Try and approach them one at a time, because if you get near one, they will start coming at you, and you don’t want 3 hitting you at the same time, because that’s a waste of your HP pots. Some of them are ranged, and some of them are melee. Despite how many times I did this, I actually can’t really remember. Sorry for the lack of screens for this bit, I didn’t want to get lagged out because taking screenies lag my game sometimes. These shouldn’t be much trouble either.

When you’ve finished them, your clone will tell you to follow the blue light. I love this bit. It’s so cool! The screen goes all dark and you don’t see anything except the light. How exciting =3

When you reach the end, everything will light up and you will find your clone plus two other people. One was a man (melee) and the other was a woman (ranged). They will start to come and hit you, but at the same time, this stone monster also comes charging from behind! But no worries, the stone dude is easy to kill, so just turn around and kill that thing first. Remember to keep watching your SP and heal yourself! You can kill either next, but I killed the man first because he seemed to be doing more damage.

After you killed both of them, you start fighting your clone again. Remember the tips I have written above and you’ll be fine. Every now and then, another stone monster comes out (you will notice that there’s a few standing around on the walls in the beginning anyway). I think three of them came out throughout the whole thing for me. Anyway, keep fighting, and healing. I wouldn’t bother running if I were you. Clicking everywhere might mess you up and stones + potions were sufficient for me (although I had about 118 hp pots to begin with, LOL!). When you have finally killed your clone…

The prettiful SUCCESS sign pops up! xD Then you get about 30 seconds to stand around and admire yourself.

[Continued in next post]

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 07-03-2007 at 01:14 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

[Continued from previous post]

You get spawned back to Grand Master Sean, and he will give you a choice between a level 20 wand or staff.

Choose carefully! I chose the wand because the stats looked better, but it looks really ugly in my opinion. I regret not choosing the staff, but oh well, I’ll get the correct one in OB. You can get both from NPC shops, but they’re 5 silvers each I think, REALLY expensive. @.@” So choose wisely! Unless you have 5 silvers to throw away… oh, but your level 20 armour is really expensive as well.

Once you’ve decided… complete the quest… and TA-DA!

You get an announcement about you. =3

Congratulations, you’re a Wiz Mage now!

Oh and this is what the wand looks like:

Additional notes:
  • If you die during the Dungeon of Shadows part, you will not lose exp, but you will be spawned back to Roumen. Have fun walking. But hey, at least you don't have to hunt for another shadow key!
  • Hmm can’t think of anything at the moment, but if you guys have suggestions, I’ll add it here! =]

Goodluck!

Updates
  • Added skill combo suggested by Sheapy.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 07-03-2007 at 01:18 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
Whudafux
Smart Phino

In-Game Name: --
Current Level: --
Whudafux is on a distinguished road
Awesome guide. 8D

I can't believe there's more to it than the first post. x_X
Old 07-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
NavMan
Tomb Fox

Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Navv
Current Level: 1000000000000
NavMan will become famous soon enoughNavMan will become famous soon enough
Bah, I was working on a general level 20 job change quest guide for all classes, but it seems you beat me to it. Great work, mind if this goes on the wiki?

Old 07-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Of course. Why don't you create one for fighters then? Fighters' tactics and all.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
Sheapy
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Sheapy
Current Level: 28
Sheapy is on a distinguished road
How do you combo your skills? I think the easiest way during bosses is to use a level 1 Magic Missle and Fire bolt due to their low cool time, so that way you wouldn't be stuck with nothing to do for 10 seconds while all your spells charge up.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
NavMan the job change quests are different at the beginning. Like Clerics have to get an SP potion teir 1 lol? And Blaaah would you mind if I put this into the wiki?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Sheapy View Post
How do you combo your skills? I think the easiest way during bosses is to use a level 1 Magic Missle and Fire bolt due to their low cool time, so that way you wouldn't be stuck with nothing to do for 10 seconds while all your spells charge up.
Ah, I was about to add that, but I thought people would have worked out their combo by now during training. I guess I'll add it in anyway!

I use a similar combo as you, but I have got the level 3 skills so the cool downs are a bit longer. I will still insist to use level 3 skills because it does more damage, I think. Even though my Magic Missile has a 4 sec cool down and the other three has a 15 sec cool down, I didn't find much times where I was stuck for nothing to do because I was too busy watching my health and eating pots and stones LOL!

Ok I'll add that to the guide in a moment ^_^ Thanks for suggestion!

Originally Posted by fullback1719 View Post
NavMan the job change quests are different at the beginning. Like Clerics have to get an SP potion teir 1 lol? And Blaaah would you mind if I put this into the wiki?
Haha yes you can put it wiki. Nav asked me to edit the guide to make it a general version and then sending it to you. If it is a bit different at the beginning, then can anyone provide some brief details of what you had to do for other classes and I"ll add it in??
Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #9
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
If someone does a a job change guide for a different class, I'll make a directory and sticky it :3
Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #10
Zachias
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Zachias
Current Level: 26
Zachias is on a distinguished road
Nice piece of work, too bad i m too lazzy to make a guide too xD, well at least i got you some images *feels better*. Mods should stick it !