Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold

To be honest I dont think any archer on Teva has tried to use a bow for dd on Helga. We all use xbow so I dont think I can tell you which one is better. I do know however that xbow has alot more damage than the bow....I just dont know if the bows' speed makes up for its lack of raw damage.

Although natures speed t4 makes an xbow have the speed of a bow...So idk. But i would go with xbow.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 10-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Yami will become famous soon enough
I've been an avid bow user til I hit 80, now I switched to xbow. And no, I'm nowhere near the level that I'd be useful in a Helga hunt, but I must say the damage of my 80 xbow > the damage of my 70 blue bow (both +9). I always figured the faster attack speed of the bow would be more useful then the damage of the xbow, but I find myself spamming skills when I can and then the damage of the xbow is better than the speed of the bow.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Originally Posted by Sanastra View Post
Am not saying its automatically won.. obviously it depends on the player, we both have beaten archers our level after 8x.. but for us, its an effort (well of me anyway.. maybe u have a full +9 set). i
I had +9 helm and boots, and I beat 8x archers when cap was 89 and my mage never lvled past 69 :P
Old 10-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #14
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Sorry mikey, but things have changed. Mages below 80 dont pwn archer face anymore unless they are cookied, full +9 end and specced to defend against physical attacks.

And even so, as a 64 archer I have killed 7x mages. So it is entirely possible that your face pwnage was an isolated incident. I have always been able to semi effectively combat mages my own level. It's a struggle, yes, but you will eventually come out on top because of the DPS you deal with your dots, not to mention if the mage you fight is retarded enough to think he can beat you while kiting (Which after the cap raise when mages got kiteable skills, most of them fall for this disillusion.) Kiting, Archers > Mages. Stand up fight Archers -/+/= Mages. It all depends on your gear now. dont forget charms and extenders too. After lvl 100...forget about it.

I am purely a bow user. I just like using bows. It's primarily an asthetic choice. I am not a power player, and I feel that bows are FAAAR sexier than xbows. Just preference I guess.

[offtopic]
And finally...

Originally Posted by MikeyG
"If I disagree with your thread I have every right to post my opinion on what you said."
If I disagree with you and my opinion on what you said was that it made you sound like an asshole, still doesn't make it right to call you an asshole. While there is some validity in your statement, it allows too much grey area for troll-ish behavior to maneuver. It can possibly be taken the wrong way as well.

Idk, maybe it's just me, but you seemed pretty vicious in your replies.
[/offtopic]

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

First of all, it wasn't like I just beat ONE archer. I stayed at 69 for over 5 months and was contending with the capped so called best players on Teva. Secondly with archers I never used my fear etc, as they usually didn't die from that. Archers is the time to pop that chain cast drop two infernos and a nova and spam the fuck outta skills. And yeah whats wrong with a vicious reply? Care bares are for kids my friend.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
If an 8x archer died to a 69 mage, then I dont think you were contending with the best players. I think you managed to find the seventh string...

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger

Last edited by Mindspank; 10-28-2009 at 06:04 PM..
Old 10-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #17
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Mikey times have changed...Hold on to your old time memories. But at 100 I could kill a 104 mage if we dont use any stunning skills.

Archers have more raw damage than mages now.

Thats why when Helga fears the Gladiators it always goes to the archers.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Sanastra is on a distinguished road
I couldn't tell if it was just in my head but he seemed pretty harsh to me. As mindspank saw it near the same way I did. Il now respond accordingly. M.G. What ever archers you beat at 69 must of been pretty fail. Actually your story itself sounds pretty fail. I mean o could possibly understand if you used fear to gain the win because the fear usually causes the archer to run over a mages aoe causing more damage. But you saying you didn't use fear could only mean that your (best archers of teva) would actually stand stil in the aoe rather than do the obvious and sensible thing and run out.. Archers nowdays start spamming mist and pierce wen they see a Mage is casting that aoe. And if they ain't they bloody well should be.. Also unless as spank said you have full +9 and possible charm. A bk xbow+9 from a str based archer would most likely 1crit you.. And if they know there gear you would hardly hit them. I mean seriously a 6x weapon vs's the 8x masters of evasion class? I don't think so. Let's talk facts for a second rather than the possibles. An archers xbow is as strong as, if not stronger than a fighters 2h sword. An archers powershot outdamages a fighters powerhit unless the fighter has debuffd their opponent with fatal slash.. Rawr damage wise.. An archer has the highest DD skill (8-9x I ain't checked 100+)... Now let's consider the fact that at level 87 an unextender Mage stones for 1080.. So you must of been stoneing for less... Fact that you don't have stifle.. Fact that you claimed not to use fear.. Here is what would happen. Aimshot.. 900-1100 damage. Fair percentage of ur health gone in 1 attack.. Powershot 1800-2k damage. If somehow you have the hp to survive both of these. I imagin by now you would stone.. For about 1000 hp (less if not extendered). Now considering you would not usd fear. As your so pro. Please enlighten us as 2wards what you would do now besides die of course, since the archer. Still has a wide range of poisons he ain't used + autoattack which alone would outdo your stone heal... Lol! Enlighten us Mage.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Remember to keep things civil.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #20
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
Mikey times have changed...Hold on to your old time memories. But at 100 I could kill a 104 mage if we dont use any stunning skills.

Archers have more raw damage than mages now.

Thats why when Helga fears the Gladiators it always goes to the archers.
I know I am speaking of times back then but as for the top guilds guys ya it was if you were on Teva you would know. Lannowar Elf, Stealthy, frankieros archer, all archers in cookies, collision, black angels, mighty army all dropped to me in guild wars. So don't insult me if you have no clue )

Last edited by MikeyG; 10-28-2009 at 10:12 PM..
Closed Thread