Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Is there a God?
There are many gods. 2 3.17%
There is one impersonal god. 2 3.17%
There is one personal god 13 20.63%
There is/are no god(s) 14 22.22%
There may be a god/gods, but so far there is no proof of their existence. 32 50.79%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #511
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ivramire View Post
I've never considered/heard of the multiverse theory being applied to a deity-debate. Interesting.

Very true, except probably for the last part. Things God doesn't approve of happen all the time in this universe so I suppose you could say it has no bearing on other universes as well.

Let me put it in another way. In this universe, I might murder someone. In another, I might not. So does god punish me or reward me? Because it's all me, it's not U1 me and U2 me.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #512
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I would guess that every universe's avatars are dealt with appropiately. The one that killed would be punished, the one that didn't would not.

A universe is created every time a choice is made/for every probability. Makes sense that what it ends in is different too.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #513
Vasu
Malingerer

Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
But then what about what Hrae said? By saving a life, he's causing a death in another, so why are we all not guilty of murder?

Old 05-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #514
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
How can one be punished for what another in a seperate universe has done?

Our avatars can still technically be called us, but what makes a person is not only their characters and memories but their decisions as well.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #515
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
So... what...? There are multi-verse Heavens and Hells? There are multi-verse Gods?

...Christianity isn't a monotheistic religion..?

Say. Wut.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #516
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

I frankly think that they aren't compatible. The people writing the bible obviously didn't account for a possible multi-verse.

Interesting concept though.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #517
Vasu
Malingerer

While what you say is true, this is all "fitting on" as it were. It's obvious, as you said, that the people writing the Bible didn't even consider the possibility of multiple universes. Suddenly, there's a way to explain the inconsistencies in the Bivle, and you can't say "therefore multiple universes exist, because it's compatible with the Bible."

I know nobody said that, but it's a ridiculous conclusion to jump to.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #518
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
According to what i know about the multiverse theory, for a universe to split, there has to be an equal chance for all paths. I.E. if you flip a coin in this universe, in the parallel one it came up the opposite side. Therefore, for your theory to be correct, there would have to be a 50-50 shot for Jesus existing or not, or for Moses and the 10 commandments, but there more likely than not wasnt, so your theory is kinda moot, if im correct.

Anyway, i may be wrong, all i know is from the video we watched on it in science and the after-video discussion we had though.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #519
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
The multiverse concept is so nebulous right now, we might as well be discussing how many angels are dancing on the head of a pin. Certain data fits the model, but nothing coming anywhere close enough to be conclusive, much less the ability to pinpoint how the other universes are created, probability or not.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #520
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
According to what i know about the multiverse theory, for a universe to split, there has to be an equal chance for all paths. I.E. if you flip a coin in this universe, in the parallel one it came up the opposite side. Therefore, for your theory to be correct, there would have to be a 50-50 shot for Jesus existing or not, or for Moses and the 10 commandments, but there more likely than not wasnt, so your theory is kinda moot, if im correct.

Anyway, i may be wrong, all i know is from the video we watched on it in science and the after-video discussion we had though.

I've never heard of the 50/50 thing. Is there any writing or a link for it or is it purely the impression you got? (Yes, I read the part I quoted)

I don't think anyone seriously considered the multi-verse angle but only that it was very interesting to consider the whole question through the possibility of it being real. So many implications...

Or we could go back to the God lifting impossible stone thing.
Closed Thread