Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Eroge
Mushroom

Eroge is on a distinguished road
Power leveling

I notice a lot of people asking for plvls, or being power leveled by one of their friends. I don't know the rules behind it so I never dared to ask any of my higher leveled friends if they'd power level me.

1) Is it legal to ask, be offered, or get power leveled? What about if it's just yourself Plvling your own alt character on 2 computers? (People told me you can level up an alt character real fast depending on how high your main is)

2) How does plvling work exactly? I notice it's different in many games. Like on Flyff, you get no exp if the monster is 19 levels higher than you. (or something like that) So if I was level 70 and wanted to plvl a level 20, would I want to be killing level 20,25,30,40,50,60,70, or even level 75 monsters for best exp? In games like Knight Online, you get more exp when plvling people half your level for some reason...@.@

In all games I'm never lucky enough to get power leveled. I'm always the sucker doing it for others because I have a hard time saying no.

3) I'm not that high of a level so I was wondering what it's like levels 80+. Do you high leveled people even get plvled anymore by lvl90-100 players, or is it better to just party with players your level and grind Yellow/Red mobs?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eroge View Post
I notice a lot of people asking for plvls, or being power leveled by one of their friends. I don't know the rules behind it so I never dared to ask any of my higher leveled friends if they'd power level me.

1) Is it legal to ask, be offered, or get power leveled? What about if it's just yourself Plvling your own alt character on 2 computers? (People told me you can level up an alt character real fast depending on how high your main is)

Not illegal to get or be powerleveled, unless you hack the client so that you run multiple clients.

2) How does plvling work exactly? I notice it's different in many games. Like on Flyff, you get no exp if the monster is 19 levels higher than you. (or something like that) So if I was level 70 and wanted to plvl a level 20, would I want to be killing level 20,25,30,40,50,60,70, or even level 75 monsters for best exp? In games like Knight Online, you get more exp when plvling people half your level for some reason...@.@

In all games I'm never lucky enough to get power leveled. I'm always the sucker doing it for others because I have a hard time saying no.

I forget, but I think that people receive no xp for mobs (30+) levels higher than them? Not sure about the exact number of levels. Powerlevel by killing mobs that they cannot kill by themselves but not too high so that they are grossly outmatched, as that might be too high for them to get good xp.

3) I'm not that high of a level so I was wondering what it's like levels 80+. Do you high leveled people even get plvled anymore by lvl90-100 players, or is it better to just party with players your level and grind Yellow/Red mobs?

I'd think that when people get to those levels that powerleveling becomes much harder so it tends to drop off. Have to start learning your class eventually.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
But as usual, power levelling is looked down on. Well, it's only looked down on if you go around to ask people you don't know, or shout going "Anyone wanna plvl me?"

I think it's okay between friends though.

And yes, mobs that are 30+ higher levels than you, you will only get 1 exp. But, that doesn't mean if they are 29 levels higher than you, you get the best exp. I think you get the best exp if the mobs are 24 levels higher than you. 29-25 levels give you "crapper" exp. Kind like a curve, goes up - peak - goes back donw.

For some reason, I thought that if you shout/go around asking if anyone would plvl you for money (IG silvers), I thought that was illegal.. but I think I got it mixed up with enhancements (where it's illegal for you to advertise that you will enhance things for people for IG silvers). @_@"
Old 05-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Generally in this game, people get plvled by partying with people about 20 levels higher than you... (and most probably AOEing in mass in Abyss or the likes..)

I think if the gap is any bigger its not very efficient...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
I think its 15 levels

"I'd think that when people get to those levels that powerleveling becomes much harder so it tends to drop off. Have to start learning your class eventually."

And thats the problem with power leveling. There is a distinction between a nubie and a noob.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:02 AM   #6
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
I plvl myself.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 05-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
I found that if you goto a abyss that's around 2 levels higher than you, worke the best. For example, if you are level 50-60, goto level 70 abyss. 60 abyss is good, nly when you are in a party.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
Lone_Wolf
Boogy Knight

Lone_Wolf is on a distinguished road
lvl 70 abbys is horrible, to few monsters.

and I think we all aggre plvl beggers are annoying.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
lvl 70 abbys is horrible, too few monsters.

and I think we all agree plvl beggers are annoying.
Its about the same in the 80/90 abyss as well. The key to grinding is not the exp per kill, it is the exp per hour.

I have been grinding out lev 91 for 2 weeks now (91.92%!), way longer than I have been any other level. I do better where there are consistant mobs with a fast spawn rate, close together so I dont have to run around and seek them out. The new maps do provide such places. Solo I can do about 1.5% per hour, with a strong DD for duo we both can do 3% to 4% per hour

While I will help guildies with quests I will not power level them much less strangers. I sometimes get hooked up to a pt where there is power leveling going on. Depending on the situation I may or may not stay long.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
o.o level 90, I might of seen you before, do you know some one by the name of naruto3000?