Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #31
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
so you kill someone... so they kill you...
I'd like to know how this works.

The Death-Penalty would not be needed in a perfect world. Even the threat of life-imprisonment and detainment isn't enough for some people. If you ask who we are to decide who lives and dies, then you clearly haven't absorbed the scope of the crimes the Death-Row inmates commit.

Some people just cannot be accepted into society. There are some crimes for which even life isn't enough. It may sound inhumane, but why waste everyone's time and money on keeping someone alive but forever locked away? I'm sure that if you asked some people facing the rest of their lives in jail, death would be a mercy.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:36 AM   #32
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I heard each in-mate costs around $40,000. Dunno if its montly or yearly. Either way, thats a lot x.x
Old 03-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #33
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
my mom watches crime shows constantly so i know a bit about it XD
Maybe you should start watching a bit more. I'm speaking of the US justice system here, other countries may have a different system in place. Parole is available to inmates that can show they are ready to reintegrate back into society. There are life sentences with the option of parole. That's determined during sentencing. These are the sentences with the year range (5-10, 20-15, 15-life). Some states also have the "life without possibility of parole" sentence.

Parole is determined by a hearing of a parole board (generally, this might vary state to state). If granted, the parolee must abide by certain conditions and restrictions agreed upon before the release. If these conditions are not met, the parole is revoked and they must return to jail. Some states have gotten rid of the system entirely.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #34
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
no way! it cost a person's salary to keep a prisoner? Gosh surely their live spending shouldnt be more than how much us crime-free people earn and spend on ourselves...

then it makes me wonder how much it cost to give someone a death sentence.. does all the cost come from the legal and court fees to determine the death sentence? or is it.. really the physical cost for the procedure...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 AM   #35
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
but if he rotted away in a cell in a mental assylum, in solitary confinement (because that's deffinitely where that kind of person would belong), melting in his own insanity, never hearing another person's voice, having to stew there with no way out, wouldnt it be a bit more of a just punishment? you're not killing him, and not continuing the cycle of violence, but you're still granting him the punishment he deserves
You don't know if that's punishing him, because you can't understand his psychopathic mind. Like Loveless, said if a person is going to kill multiple people, I think he deserves death. Jesus, whom you hold so dearly, said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." So murder, and get murdered. *shrug*

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 03-02-2009, 05:16 AM   #36
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Or, to take this argument to an even more absurd level, who are you to say what punishment he deserves? Who are you to say if he even deserves punishment?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:17 AM   #37
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
@Vasu I'd agree, but that Bible quote is really taken out of context xD
Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #38
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
Or, to take this argument to an even more absurd level, who are you to say what punishment he deserves? Who are you to say if he even deserves punishment?
Geez, you said what I wanted to say... but to add to that, who are you to say that the person deserves to live even after causing grief to many lives?

If someone is given a death sentence, I've said this already I think, they would have done something that deserves such a decision. You say to not face violence with violence but you know what? It's obvious that not everyone thinks that way... if they did there would be no such thing as a death sentence.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #39
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
meh. i was just stating my opinion. i believe that if you continue bloodshed, it simply wont stop. you kill someone, so you're given the death sentence... why not stop the killing and just keep the person away from society? i admit i was probably going overly dramatic when i talked about solitary, but the people who first criticized life imprisonment were talking about the need for a harsher sentence. they said that it would comfort the family that that kind of person could never get out of jail again. i was talking about a specific circumstance, in which a rapist/murderer/pedophile was involved, so if you're going with the "eye for an eye" punishment, as i believe vasu was just advocating, you WOULD be going with that, locking up a person with no way out, just as the criminal had given the child no way out of it's hell. im not advocating that kind of thinking, neccesarilly, but simply pointing out a flaw in your argument.

But also, the life sentence, as stated previously, would give the innocent a chance at getting back out. you cant really go and ressurect a guy who just got the lethal injection, saying "oops... DNA evidence just came out. sorry about that ", though it would still be quite horrible for a person who spent like, 10 years in jail to get that news too...

Last edited by Jikanu; 03-03-2009 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 03-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #40
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Bloodshed will continue to happen. If the entire world instantly stopped state-sponsored executions, people would not suddenly stop killing each other.