Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 11-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #1
A_Forever
:w

What? No election thread?

I only kid, but seriously, I did think there would be something on here by anyone. It is election day here in the U.S., after all.

I did vote today, but it left a terrible taste in my mouth because... well look at the options. Granted, at least in Michigan, there is way more to election day this year than recent years due to so many local and state seats being up for election as well as local and state proposals.

I just wish it actually felt like we were actually voting for a competent.. or at the very least.. non-criminal candidate.

No, I will not be posting who I voted for.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I am perplexed as to how those two ended up at the top
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:05 AM   #3
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
ya'll gon' dun goofed
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Hey don't blame us, Hillary won the popular vote. But we got that damn thing called the electoral college. I'm not saying I'm a Hillary fan, but I was definitely a not Trump fan and the third party candidates stood no change.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:00 AM   #5
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
I'm not an American citizen, but looking in from outside, I do understand the point of the Electoral college system itself. It gives representation to states that would otherwise not be able to make their voices heard, but why is the electoral college vote absolute? For example Ohio has 18 electoral votes. If the popular vote is say 55-45, then why do all the 18 votes go towards the higher % candidate? Why not have it go 10-8? The way it is right now, it seems to me that if I'm a Democrat in Texas, or a Republican in California, I may as well save on the gas money and stay home instead of voting.

And of course if I support an independent candidate it's even worse.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Well that's one of the ways people want to fix it... separate the states into districts. But then people are like "Well then we might as well make it so that there are is no electoral college so that literally every vote goes into a large pool that they want to go into."

There's 320million Americans and Hillary beat Trump with the popular vote by I believe 115,000. That's a very small percentage, but that's also telling 115,000 their vote doesn't count.

This is the fourth time in history that the president-elect lost the popular vote. The last one was Bush.... .. ........ . . .............
Old 11-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #7
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Well that's one of the ways people want to fix it... separate the states into districts. But then people are like "Well then we might as well make it so that there are is no electoral college so that literally every vote goes into a large pool that they want to go into."

There's 320million Americans and Hillary beat Trump with the popular vote by I believe 115,000. That's a very small percentage, but that's also telling 115,000 their vote doesn't count.

This is the fourth time in history that the president-elect lost the popular vote. The last one was Bush.... .. ........ . . .............
.... .. ... And that shit worked out great right?

I'm just perplexed really. I got nuthin here. I guess... as an American born and raised. I sincerely apologize for the fiasco that was this election and even more so for what is to come.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #8
Yosei
Corgi Addict

https://www.thenation.com/article/hi...still-growing/

This is a good read for anyone interested.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:07 AM   #9
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Again, I'm so sorry world. It's only just starting too. Short of an armed uprising I don't know what to do here... I have utterly lost faith in my fellows to be honest. I think I'm gonna just be an anarchist now...

-------

Old 02-06-2021, 02:44 AM   #10
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

I did say it was just starting then... Hopefully it's just ending now and we can get back to reality for a few years.

-------