Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

Been away for a while...

Rereading Pullman's Dark Materials. Movie wasn't worth the electricity required to show it but the books take me back.

Checking out Anne Rice's non-vampire novels, post finding Christianity ''again.'' They are not good...

Browsing Steven Erikson's fantasy Malazan series, pretty well-done but seems to lose the thread at times.

Looking into more Gaiman and Pratchett/ browsing through forums trying to figure out how to unscrew my computer's technical catastrophe...

Last edited by Ivramire; 08-29-2009 at 06:54 PM..
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
OMG THERES A NEW BOOK IN THE DEMONATA SERIES BDEX?

Im currently reading The Messianic Legacy.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
I've been meaning to find another good book to get into, but I haven't been reading as much as I'd like.

The last book that I read was Atlas Shrugged. though I've been reading manga/comics since then.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
secbro20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #14
A_Forever
:w

I'm reading Battle Royale. Yes, still. I get annoyed at myself when I read books too fast and then have nothing to read for a while.

I'm almost done with Battle Royale and will need to find another book to take to school with me since I'll be done with BR before school starts.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ivramire View Post
Checking out Anne Rice's non-vampire novels, post finding Christianity ''again.'' They are not good...
That should have been obvious, LOL. She wrote one good book (Interview) and phoned it in for the next twenty years.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #16
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Really? I actually liked The Vampire Lestat more than Interview. It's been a decade or so since I've read them, but I think I might have liked Queen of the Damned more too. Louis was never as compelling a character as Lestat to me.

There was a decline after those though, I actually stopped reading after Memnoch the Devil; I started The Vampire Armand, but I never even finished that. I think I read Merrick out of order though. To each their own.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #17
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Eh, the whole Gabrielle thing from Lestat really didn't sit well. It was a little TOO Oedipal. The things that really made it a drag to read was the cookie-cutter descriptions. The stories in Lestat and Queen of the Damned were more interesting, but she did just rehash a LOT of stuff from book to book. I swear, I twitch every time I hear someone mention Botticelli.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #18
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Lol, yeah. I can see that. That whole Oedipus Complex thing was taken pretty far there. xD

I think Rice is a fan of tapping into taboo sexual scenarios in general though.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #19
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
OMG THERES A NEW BOOK IN THE DEMONATA SERIES BDEX?

Im currently reading The Messianic Legacy.
There is in England o: I think wolf Island is the latest one in the US. We have Dark Calling now.

Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #20
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Yeah but wolf island came out a couple months ago, we should have the new one soon.

/freakout

MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote