Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Need a bit of help with my Fighter.

I've been seeing a lot of 2h Sword and Axe Fighters walking around. Rarely do I ever see a Sword & Shield Fighter walking around. I only know of one high leveled 1h Sword Fighter. And I read that thread about "1h Sword, 2h Sword, or 2h Axe" and I read that just using the 1h Sword would be the best way to go. Speed and defense are what they have. And for my build i'm going pure SPR until it reaches 25. Then i'm going to go pure END for the rest of the game.

But, i'm really worried about not being able to deal a ton of damage. I'm not always going to be in a party and if I go soloing I don't want to sit there for hours trying to hack away at something. My defense will be great but what about power? Should I go 1:1 STR and END? Or should I just stay pure END? I figured I could just use rings to boost my STR and not worry about it seeing as how STR is the fastest thing to go up when you're a Fighter. But... I still do worry about it. Help me stop worrying so much and tell me if this is any good or if I should do something else.

Also, what skills should I empower? I've never really been able to figure that out so I never bothered using them. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out on this as well. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by MagesRequiem; 10-13-2007 at 08:04 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Don't touch strength. I'm not going to bother arguing about it, someone else probably will. You do not need strength.

Your damage is going to suck, simple as that. No matter where you throw your stat points, your damage will suck regardless. Shield fighters are designed for partying, you're going to have to always have a cleric with you to make the most of your experience. In fact, Fiesta's generally party oriented. It's difficult to solo most of the time because of how everything works in the game systems.

As for your skill empowerments, it depends on what you want to do. If you just want to tank, throw your points into buffing the demoralizing hit and reducing the cooldown of mock. Most people will argue putting the cooldown on mock will do nothing. This isn't true. A fighter without mock empowered will not be able to hold the aggro of any mob without losing it to the cleric. After a cleric heals 7-9 times, monsters will begin to attack him/her because of it's slight taunt effect. Generally healers will empower cooldown on their heal. That's 2.1 seconds between each heal. 7 heals will take 14.7 seconds, 9 heals will take 18.9 seconds. Mock has a cooldown of 25 seconds without being empowered. Empowering it will bring it down to 18 seconds. Enough to regain the attention of the mob, and dispelling the taunt that the cleric had attracted with their heals. This is on the assumption you are not stunned in the period, and this is also only applicable on mobs of 3 or so monsters. Obviously in a 1v1 situation a fighter would use snearing kick, but that isn't relevant against a mob of 5.

If you want to deal damage, empower slice and dice. It's your only offensive skill until devestate at level 43.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Hmm I thought devestate was the AoE stun? Well from what I know, tankers should go for Stun, Taunt and Mob Debuff.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:59 PM   #4
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
That player had points in strength.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #5
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Devastate also does damage...Its slightly weaker then powerhit

What dynamic told you is basically a Pve aoe build of a fighter. To be blunt you'll tank great and you'll level extremely fast with the right people. But don't expect to do anything in pvp.

an Enpowered mock helps ALOT, although its not beyond impossible to mob without it. Once you have devastate they'll stay with you. Not to mention mock becomes a waste if you want to pvp.
Demoralizing hit empowering is something I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. The damage decrease is noticeable but hardly sufficient for the cost.

Btw: i thought the lowest cooldown for a heal was 3 seconds? >.> if i'm wrong then i've been RIPPED OFF AGAIN.

As dynamics said if you go 1hander just accept that you won't be dishing out much damage.
Buildwise Go full end
If you want some critting though for an extra kick i would get 25 spr for the 5% crit increase comebine that with +5% crit sword and with the speed your dps should be effective.

Don't be afraid though to try other weapons unless you put points into the weapon specific skills theres not too much difference
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 10-14-2007 at 12:09 AM..
Old 10-14-2007, 01:22 AM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
Btw: i thought the lowest cooldown for a heal was 3 seconds? >.> if i'm wrong then i've been RIPPED OFF AGAIN.
Yes, you are being ripped off. =] Original cooldown is 3 seconds. 5 points into cooldown reduces it to 2.1s.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:27 AM   #7
MagesRequiem
Archon

Okay, so basically my build is fine. But could you be a bit more specific with the empowering? Just tell me the skills I get at whatever level and what I should empower. Be exact because i'm not a huge fan of abbreviated words.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Powerhit demoralizing hit and Mock comes at level 20
devastate at level 43
Vampiric strike notexactly sure but its a 5xlevel skill.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:56 AM   #9
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 AM   #10
MagesRequiem
Archon

Vampiric Strike comes at level 51 and then again at 59. Don't know about the higher up skills as I wasn't in Uruga long enough to check it all out. Okay, so what exactly should I empower? I want a high leveled Fighters opinion. Preferably one who doesn't get his ass kicked and does well in PvP/PvE.
Closed Thread