Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:02 AM   #1
Ownage
Giant Elven Tree

Current Level: check siggy!
Server: Bijou
Ownage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ownage
Archer / Mage / Fighter

I have a lv. 17 Mage and a lv. 13 Fighter. I have no Archer.

I dislike re-rolling so that kinda detracts from the Archer. My Mage is a fairly high level and I've worked pretty hard on him. My Fighter is so-so but an option.

I'm having huge trouble picking a class. What class should I be? Please give specific reasons for the class you suggest. Thanks!

a skillful Cleric will mend and assist, but a legendary Cleric will rejuvenate and defend.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I'd go mage and fighter. They are nice polar opposites to play. I'm a mage and I have a loy of fun on her, but then I have a lot of fun on my fighter(I love tanking).
Old 02-26-2008, 04:12 AM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I think you should play ur two classes up to lvl 25, and u should really feel the difference for the two classes during lvl 20-25

I personally dont like the way mage die so quickly, and all i can do is spam skill

Fighter is a bit harder to play, you have a bigger role in KQ, Axe's Power hit does just as much dmg... and u dont die as fast as a mage...

I got bored of my mage and archer, but i still find it quite fun on my fighter, simply coz i feel more useful....

But i've never been a fan of mage (ironically its my highest lvl alt but anyway)

/bias opinions

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Yeah, play both for a while and get your feel for them. I LOVE my mage, but everynow and then I will play my fighter and I LOVE her too. They are both so different that they both are fun to play.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
If you're just between figher and mage, then here's what I think @__@

As a fighter, both a tank and a DD, from what I've observed you have to put effort into what you're doing. Especially when you have a party to protect, no one's going to like you if you let aggro get to a mage, or some squishy guy. You also might have to take damage as the front-liner, so if you like front line action and tanking a lot figher might be cool. I personally have never played a fighter, and am not very interested in one because I don't like front-line action too much @_@

As for a mage, if you like doing lots of damage, then a mage would be cool. Personally, I find that this class relies pretty heavily on a party unless it's PvP. I don't have much experience with a mage, because I got pretty bored of it, even compared to my archer. I don't mind dying, it's just when I lag I can't attack and without a supporting party a mage dies really easily @_@ But if you want to deal big damage and have friends you can party with I think mage is cool too.

I agree with Hessah on the trying out both classes thing. If you can't decide, you should at least do the class change with both of them and try them both out. A lot of people say that you don't actually try out a class until your 3x, and some people even say 5x .___. But I think trying up till lvl 25 should be far enough to decide.

I don't really understand what you mean by "re-rolling", but give the archer a try too. I first started playing an archer because the fem archer 1x armour looked cool to me xD I found that while archers are a fairly popular beginning class, they get rarer the higher leveled you go making them more attractive to me 8D

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
OmgItsBacon
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: ImUrTanker, PureDex
Current Level: Tanker - 31, Dex - 18
Server: Apoline
OmgItsBacon is on a distinguished road
lol. i have a lvl 16 archer I USED to have a lvl 11 fighter and i have a lv 6 mage. Ialso gots a question... y do people like clerics so much.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Because they can heal you, buff you, and ressurect you. They're a party essential.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
I tried all of them and their all equally well in their roles as parties. So any one you chose is good.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
I would go fighter. They're beasts!

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 02-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
I'm a fighter because:

1. I like having high HP.

2. Fighters are self sufficient. With the proper scrolls (read: a buttload of scrolls), I can can solo pretty much anywhere right now.

3. Swords are sexy.

4. It's relatively easy to find a party. Even if there's already a tank, a 2nd tank is always welcome because then we can chain-stun the mob to expedite the killing rate

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Closed Thread