Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Is there a God?
There are many gods. 2 3.17%
There is one impersonal god. 2 3.17%
There is one personal god 13 20.63%
There is/are no god(s) 14 22.22%
There may be a god/gods, but so far there is no proof of their existence. 32 50.79%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #501
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation

@lrva: I am in the process of forming a systematic belief for myself, I guess.

@Vasu: You're welcomed. lol

However, the model I proposed has lots of holes in it. It was a one-hour work and definitely is not what I believe in. I only put it forward because I chose to position myself as the antagonist in this debate. lol

-------------------------------------------------
Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #502
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
But does religion support multi-verses?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #503
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
But does religion support multi-verses?
Very easily o.o
Old 05-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #504
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Well, ok. You say that but you haven't given me any proof of it.

The reason why I ask that question is because accepting multi-verses seems like it would include accepting a slew of other things related to physics, ie. Big Bang.

I mean, I clearly have no idea what the physics behind multi-verses are. But ultimately, physics is physics. Or even science is science. And it is known that religion is at odds with science on several fronts, depending on your particular branch of religion.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #505
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Multi-verses fall into the domain of Quantum Physics.

As one Quantum Physicist said "Anyone who tells you they know anything about Quantum Physics doesn't know anything."
Old 05-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #506
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Okay, I've rephrased my argument. If multiverses exist, then there will be universes in which Jesus wasn't born to die for our sins, where Moses did not receive any ten commandments, where there is absolute mayhem, and in other words, things that god doesn't want. And besides, god being omnipotent, should also be able to change A to A1 without having a separate universe.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 05-07-2009, 04:30 AM   #507
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
^ only if there was a 50/50 chance of those happening or not.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #508
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
50/50 chance of what happening or not?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #509
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I've never considered/heard of the multiverse theory being applied to a deity-debate. Interesting.

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Okay, I've rephrased my argument. If multiverses exist, then there will be universes in which Jesus wasn't born to die for our sins, where Moses did not receive any ten commandments, where there is absolute mayhem, and in other words, things that god doesn't want.

Very true, except probably for the last part. Things God doesn't approve of happen all the time in this universe so I suppose you could say it has no bearing on other universes as well.

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
And besides, god being omnipotent, should also be able to change A to A1 without having a separate universe.

I don't see how this has any bearing on anything. A multiverse is supposedly created every single time a being is presented with a choice, making for untold layers of multiverses all superimposed over one another. There'd be no point in imposing a change on only one facet because the choice that didn't happen would be enacted anyway.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #510
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I've always been rather reluctant to hold to the idea of a multiverse for every possible outcome because of the ethical implications involved. If I save someone's life, then that would mean I'm also condemning someone else to death in another multiverse.

That's not an argument for or against the idea, I just find it a very troubling implication.