Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Patches
think before you type

In-Game Name: Patches
Current Level: 90 Warrior
Server: Teva
Patches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to behold
Worst turned Best KQ

Not sure if this is the right place for this. Please move it if it needs to be.

The other night I entered what would be my last Mara KQ for my main character Patches, and I was hoping it would be a good one. It started out to be the worst ever. I lagged a little at the start and did not get in a party, because by the time my computer was responding everybody but me and an archer ( i was lvl 25 fighter at the time) had rushed ahead. I figured I would help her and we could catch up. WRONG. they left every mob for us. Then a guy that I was in an earlier quest with wispered me and asked where I was. I told him we got left behind. I told the archer to run and use pots and stones and I would pull aggro off her as quick as I could. We made it to where the 2 fakes are to find 5 people. I had 3 stones left at this point. We took on Marlone first, and by the time we were done we had 5 people left. 3 fighters, 1 archer, and 1 cleric. To make this very long story short, we did win the Quest with just the 5 of us to kill all the boss mobs, which by the way, take forever to kill with no big damage dealers in the group. I was impressed with the group of people we had at the end. That is how it went from the worst KQ I had ever been in (almost ready to give up when I saw only 5 of us at the fakes) to the best one I had ever been in.

I just wanted to share that with everyone in here.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Must've been a close call. -gives a medal-
Old 10-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
rushing FTW....

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Patches
think before you type

In-Game Name: Patches
Current Level: 90 Warrior
Patches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
Must've been a close call. -gives a medal-

I don't remember the exact time, but we didn't have much left.

*puts medal on*
Old 10-15-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
haha well done! it sounds like there must hv been some idiots messing about while u got lagged out... kekekeke

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-16-2007, 01:21 AM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Nice nice! I remember finishing a Slime KQ with only 6 people (archer as tank), and I was very proud. Don't you just love the ego-boost-feeling when you've conquered a KQ with very few people? xD
Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 AM   #7
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Something similar to that happened to a KQ group I was in. Everyone rushed and died. I was left behind with another Fighter and two Clerics. Sadly, we did not make it as we ran out of time. But we did manage to get up to the Pirate Ship. Bit of a shame really. If only we had more time we would've beaten it. Oh and just to let you know, I was using my (old) Fighter at the time. I don't remember what level he was though.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:42 AM   #8
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Bravo *Gives a Cookie*
Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #9
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Yea something similiar happened to me. Our whole group consisted of 3 archers 2 mages 4 clerics (only 1 could revive) and 6 fighters. By the time we reached the 2 fakes, 1 cleric and 1 archer had died. When we were at the boat, some mage thought he was very clever and lure 3 Marlones and 2 Maras to us. What's worse was that all were fakes as the real ones are usually at the back of the second boat. So we had the tanker bring them to the back of the first boat then die and revive and run out. Then the mage was scolding us saying that we gotta kill all then he went to lure them back killing the remaining archer, mage, another cleric and 2 fighters. In the end, we managed to kill marlone and got Mara below half health but we ran out of time. Haix.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
Kaleidoscope
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Kaelel/Adapt
Current Level: 25/40
Kaleidoscope is on a distinguished road
I had a couple of amazing KQs. My most recent one was a Mara KQ. We had some issues with tanks. xD; On top of nobody could seem to lure the real Mara or Marlone at the end so we had two Maras running around the back of the boat and a fake Marlone on the entrance stairs. (The stairs coming into the first boat, not the ones connecting them. ... Don't ask how he got there. >_> It's painful.)

We were all stressed out and the tanks kept on dieing and so finally a tank started taking him on and I just started spamming heal like crazy. xD It worked he was actually a very good tank once we got the ball rolling. The only problem was, we had like 3 minutes to kill Mara. >_>;

We were whacking away, or what was left of us since a lot of people had died, given up or left. We had like, 20 seconds left and I realized the tank was doing fine with the other clerics healing, and we had only a tiny amount of HP left. xD So I joined in the melee at the back with as many bashes as I could handle and all the other clerics did the same. THREE SECONDS LEFT we brought her down. 8D It was amazing. There was definitely a celebration after we were done! xD

The thing with the KQ-crisis-turned-triumph is that you always seem to make friends while you're at it. I guess near death experiences draw everyone together. C: