Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #11
FlashOfChaos
Speedy Slime

FlashOfChaos is on a distinguished road

Actually, in all of the Mara KQ's I've been in, I never failed once due to "rushing". Reason? Well, it's called rushing, so of course you're supposed to rush with the people, not lag behind and kill monsters that are in the way.

To be honest, I never see a point in complaining about rushing. If you can't rush to finish the quest fast enough, it's not anyone's fault but your own. I'm always able to keep up with the rushers, so I can't see why others aren't able to. That being said, it's almost never the rusher's right to complain about the people they have left behind(There ARE exceptions, believe it or not!).

I'm pretty sure other people have better things to do than sit around killing monsters that are in the way. However, if the rusher sucks and doesn't know what tanking even means(by this, I mean just run straight through, not giving a damn about others he/she leaves behind), I don't see why people would try to keep up with him/her. All that person is doing is attracting mobs and leaving them behind, causing them to turn to other KQ members, which doesn't help people.

A good rusher should be tending to every member that's passing through, stopping sometimes to take the mobs onto him/herself. As long as one has a cleric or few, that person can become a good rusher if he/she knows what the hell to actually do.

Point is, if people are rushing, either keep up with them closely or do as you will. They should also know what they're doing, and not just be a crackhead that goes off trying to imitate superman. There's no point in whining about it(both parties, not just the rushers or the people behind) if you can't keep up or go too far, as either would only slow down or cause the KQ to fail.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #12
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
What I'm trying to get at is that not everyone knows what 'rushing' means. It could be their first MMORPG that they're playing. Some people are just plain stupid of course and just needs reminding.

I think what most people are 'complaining' about is that they have a rusher who doesn't know what they're doing. In which case I seem to always encounter these people. They run right through...
Old 09-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #13
dcyk
Hero Slime

dcyk is on a distinguished road
Anyhow why would you need to rush? The quest can be finished with 5 to 10 minutes spare even with 2 or 3 luring of fake maras or malones.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #14
FlashOfChaos
Speedy Slime

FlashOfChaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dcyk View Post
Anyhow why would you need to rush? The quest can be finished with 5 to 10 minutes spare even with 2 or 3 luring of fake maras or malones.
Time is a very important thing. KQs are set to every two hours. You can't get that much done in measly 120 minutes. But, get this. KQs have a time limit of 50 minutes, at least, for King Slime or Mara. I can't include Gold Hill or higher ones as I never keep track of that, nor am I high enough for others. If you take 40 minutes to finish one KQ, that's 80 minutes left to do whatever you'd like to do out of KQ. Also, at some parts of the day, KQs become less occupied, so people are able to rush into a second KQ before they have to wait for the next set.

Rush comes into play here. If people are able to rush straight through and only bother with the fakes/reals, you're pretty much guaranteed to finish in 20~30 minutes. I'd like to say 40, but many people are morons and either die a lot or just don't contribute whatsoever, causing most KQs to slow down, rather than speed up.

After finishing that KQ in 20-30 minutes, you might be able to get into another, since :12 + 30 = :42, while the last Mara KQ ends participation period at :46.

If one does not want to rush, he/she gets more time to do other stuff after the KQ. Rushing basically helps you save time, which is usually the point of rush in many cases. If people don't want to save some time on their hands for other activities, well, they'll have to endure the consequences of rushing if some moron wants to go for it.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #15
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Ugh I hate that. Alot of people get left behind that way.

Not to tanks.. just because YOU can run and survive, it doesn't mean everyone else can.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:57 AM   #16
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
It's kind of funny how people think they have to rush to get a second round of the KQ. I've done it without rushing and gotten in two KQs in that hour. Rushing isn't the main factor of getting the thing done fast. It's a good group of cooperative people that help with you finishing up in lets say 20 to 30 min tops.

It's a matter of choice here I guess. Would you like to rush, lose a couple of people and in turn possibly lose fire power and or healers. Or would you like to just get through killing a couple extra but have everyone there to take down the boss efficiently?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #17
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
I hate that...as a mage it's a killer...
Old 09-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #18
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
In KQs I try to rush and rambo with my fighter, drawing mobs away from everyone behind me with mock and kick. If anyone dies, it's my fault for not holding the aggro. A tank is responsible for protecting the group, and if he fails that it's no ones fault but his own. I remember rushing the KQ, mocking and kicking everything I could, the mobs would follow pretty far, but the moment people started taking hits, I just had to stop, mock, and let the group kill everything. Although the key part of the rush is to get there ASAP, it's best not to be careless as the tank leading, as you've completely jeopardized the point of everything. As Loveless said, the number of people you're left with count too. Losing one person during the rush could lead to a chain of misfortunate accidents, and your KQ may not recover from it. Whether you save yourself 10 minutes or not, successfully finishing the KQ is your real priority. It's an MMO, take it easy, take it slow, you're meant to be relaxing.

Last edited by Dynamics; 09-24-2007 at 02:17 PM..
Old 09-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #19
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Atleast you try to keep aggro.. I hate it when people do that because eventually the monsters run back and if you're far behind the person who was pulling them, you basically get a reversed train x.X
Old 09-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #20
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Rushing ain't all that great. Sometimes, I only get a lucky/blessed elrue at the end
Closed Thread