Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
"Rush" Mara KQ.

I have failed this 3 times in a row because everyone "rushes".

This results in monsters being left around so if others are left behind there dead.

And since no cleric is around they can't be rev'd either.

So by the time we get to fakes there's like 10 people left.

Anyone else failed cause of this?
Old 09-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
Can't say I have xD (luckily) The one I failed was bcause we had like NO Tanks and like half te people disappeared after 15 seconds in o_O;;

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 09-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Yami will become famous soon enough
I hate rushing D:

It gets everyone killed and by the time you reach the middle bosses, you have an army of mobs behind you which will start attacking if you move to close.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 AM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Doesn't really work unless absolutely everyone sticks extremely close to the tank.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:48 AM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I cannot count how many times I've failed because of these "rushes". It absolutely ridiculous how some people try to do this in Mara G and H. Even if you do rush there's nothing to go into afterwards.

And furthermore, because you rush and lose half the people on the way... you end up killing the boss monsters slow because of the loss in fire power and/or healers.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:01 AM   #6
Karasu_Sabre
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: karasu_sabre/Hiko_Seijuro
Current Level: 21/14
Karasu_Sabre is on a distinguished road
I was the only reviver in a quest and I was left behind with a level 17 mage. I died and so did the mage. I had to leave the mage to get back with the group. So I died once more before I got to the group. Needless to say, we failed. But because I was the only reviver I was blamed for it all.
*Feel free to ask
---------------------------------------------------
~Hiko_Seijuro the Fighter~
Level 14 Fighter
Teva Server
Old 09-24-2007, 03:15 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

It's really funny how they blame you when they were the ones to leave you behind. But what can you do? Most people cannot do anything but to blame someone else for their wrong doing.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:44 AM   #8
dcyk
Hero Slime

dcyk is on a distinguished road
funny how your KQ party treat you that way, most of the KQ party i had treated clerics like gold, they try their best to keep us alive most of the time.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:52 AM   #9
Kixira
Imp

Kixira is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
It's really funny how they blame you when they were the ones to leave you behind. But what can you do? Most people cannot do anything but to blame someone else for their wrong doing.
While I understand where you're coming from, it's not ENTIRELY the tanker/rusher's fault that they are placing blame on you. I've tried rushing and not slowing down and I've lost anywhere from 0-4 people doing this. I've also tried slowing down while rushing and helping the clerics/mages/archers who were dying. I've lost at least ONE person every time I do this, not including me dying sometimes. Know why? Everyone stops and starts killing while everything is still whacking me and there is no cleric healing me. When I stop and try to help, they're supposed to CONTINUE running with the people ahead, not stop totally and kill everything in sight.

Bottom line, it's not entirely the fault of the rusher that people are being left behind. If people would stay together and not randomly stop and kill monsters, you'd have no one left behind. There might be a few lost of lives, but at least everyone is still in the KQ.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:07 AM   #10
Loveless
Super Moderator

Although it may not the entirely their fault. In order to rush a KQ, you need to make sure that everyone knows you're doing it. Most of the time what people do is that they yell "RUSH!!" and just start running off. You have to take in to account that there are possible first timers as well as people wanting to finish off a quest. Even people who are lagging behind and not get all the messages.

One must make sure that the whole group agreed to rushing before doing so. More often than not that isn't the case. You can finish this KQ with more than enough time just running it normally... I've done a successful rush where everyone was in one piece but I finished the KQ the same time I would've if I hadn't rushed. So I see not use doing so. Do you get a better prize? I doubt it cause I ended up getting nothing most of the time.
Closed Thread