Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #11
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough

actually u can.... u can do alot if u want too

And Blaaaaaaaah's method is actualy the deliberately use of a bug. More popular knowns as "Exploit"
The counter argument: "u just remove the block list", also counts for the deleting blist.shd.

As a matter of fact outspark does not give us any outspark friendly method.
So u have to decide how u want to do it.
Btw.: No matter what method u use: noone was ever punished for it. Not the slighest.

p.s.: reinstalling fiesta and deleting blist.shd is the same method. The first just takes alot longer.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #12
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Patches are counted as installed.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 06-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #13
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by MaxOff View Post
actually u can.... u can do alot if u want too

And Blaaaaaaaah's method is actualy the deliberately use of a bug. More popular knowns as "Exploit"
No idea what that means but that's the method Outspark gave us (or so I read on one of the announcements, long ago, I forgot!).

Either way. If that relogging method works, I'd prefer to use that anyway. Easier and plus, for computer noobs like me, I prefer not to touch files. Dx -has a habit of mucking up files- (I know it's just a deletion of a file but... better be safe and use Outspark's way? Dx)
Old 06-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #14
walnut
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: walnut
Current Level: 4X
Server: epith
walnut is on a distinguished road
if you mess with the patches i can see them getting p*ssed, but the block list? they cant get mad if you change something that YOU did that is no skin off their nose either way

I know a chicken who's scared of you,
scared of you,
scared of you.
I know a chicken who's scared of you,
he might scratch your face off.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #15
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
They still don't like it :/

Easier to make a tool or function themselves but they don't want people doing it for some reason known to them.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #16
MaxOff
Zombie

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
No idea what that means but that's the method Outspark gave us (or so I read on one of the announcements, long ago, I forgot!).
a exploit, is a bug that is abused. A popular expoits was the relog bug. U would respawn alive at the place u died, if u reloged. Everyone did it, but technicly it was a exploit.

And it looks like we have fundamental different view on computer. Becuase i prefer to touch the files myself. But im doing it day in and day out. If i dont know what a file does, first think i do is open it an hex editor. And with a look or two i can already see its generally porpuse, and if i know the header/fooder even its real type.
So i dont have any problem with deleting a file

A good tip: if u dont know if u should a delete a file or not: rename it. For a program using it, renaming equals deleting. But u can easily reverse it . A popular method is to add ".bak"(for backup) at the end.

Last edited by MaxOff; 06-12-2008 at 09:37 AM..
Old 06-27-2008, 02:41 AM   #17
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Have you seen the general level of intelligence running around in-game? Do you think they want the unwashed masses mucking about with game files? I can understand their reservations.

On the other hand, not having a rather simple way to edit the block list is a black mark. There really should be some way to do it in-game. I'm just going to hope its in the works. And as for the whole logging into another account...aren't multiple accounts frowned upon as well?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:14 AM   #18
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeha -.- the other day i got into KQ and i tried to invite this girl to party.. but i blocked her instead coz the "block" and "invite party" was right next to each other...

it was ghey i couldnt talk to her and she's in my party LOL!

EDIT: I think by design.. the block list is suppose to clear when you log out.... but... it doesnt seem to be working all the time... i think that's the problem when people try to unblock...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 06-27-2008 at 03:16 AM..
Old 06-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #19
MaxOff
Zombie

no Hessah, by design its not supposed to be deleted. If the list was ment to be only valid for a session, there wouldnt be a blist.shd. The files only porpuse is to save the blocklist. Its loaded when the client starts, and is saved when the client closes. While the client is running nothing happens with the blist.shd.

I believe that the reason that sometimes the blist is lost is because they wanted to implement the block feature account or character wide not client wide, like most of the settings. Somehow it got canceled yet parts of the code that handeld the change to another blocklist was left intact. Though the code is most likley incomplete it can already initialize the main blocklist(in other words, deletes it).

edit: it may ave

Last edited by MaxOff; 06-27-2008 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: small change
Old 06-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #20
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
*Makes a block list editor* >.> Everyone here should know how I play >.>

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Closed Thread