Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Why do People Rush in MMOs?

It puzzles me and frustrates me to no end, especially when I play with people who rush. I don't like to rush... I don't see the point, it's a MMO. It's not going anywhere.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
There is a certain sense of pride in doing something first. In DCUO, my league has gotten server-first feats quite a few times and it feels good. We almost got a game-first, but someone on another server beat us by about an hour.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Yeah, basically what Hrae said.

Though the biggest and most obvious flaw is that it creates a whole bunch of dimwits with high level characters messing up your precious end-game content.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
I also see an increase in people getting bored quicker. So I dunno... I think its funny. I see it a lot in WoW. Now people only sign on to raid in only hopes of getting 1 drop.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

People have higher expectations in a game now I suppose. Games aren't handing out new content fast enough due to people rushing...

Then you have games like ESO that's been live for 2 years and now finally getting something "new"... hah.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yeah the WoW players are ridiculous IMO. Compared to other games, that game has A LOT of content and Blizzard is always putting out new patches to fix things and even add things.

It's like they rush as if it's going somewhere -.- I get people like to be server or game firsts, but in games like WoW, that is really unrealistic as the community is massive.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
I notice it ruins the community, for me it does anyway. I feel like I'm not fast enough since everyones so quick, and I just quit because I can't make friends I can play with, since they outlvl me.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
I notice it ruins the community, for me it does anyway. I feel like I'm not fast enough since everyones so quick, and I just quit because I can't make friends I can play with, since they outlvl me.
Guilty of outleveling people I play with.

But it's not cause I'm rushing or anything... I just happen to be able to grind continuously.