Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
agash
Mushroom

agash is on a distinguished road
Basic Stats Information

Hi
Seems like the All About Stats Article is outdated: http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/All_About_Stats

I tried to confirm the information, but got different results: (I'm on Apoline btw.)
* +1 stat point on STR gives +1 Dmg (not +1,2)
[confirmed till +4 STR]
* +1 stat point on END gives +1 Def (not 0,5), but still 0.1 Block and 5 HP
[confirmed till +8 END]
* +1 stat point on DEX gives 0,3 Aim and 0,2 Ev
[only confirmed for +1 DEX]
* +1 stat point on SPR gives +1 M.Def. (not 0,5) but still 0,2 Crit and 5 SP
[only confirmed for +1 SPR]

This information is only true for stat points you get for leveling up. Seems like items that increase STR, END, DEX, INT or SPR do not change that much in the free stats window ...

I'm not happy with this discovery, since I'd like to know what happens when I place one of my precious llevel-up stat points ...

I'd even volunteer to make a chart, but I don't have enough information. My strongest char is lvl 20 and my second only lvl 15.
So if anyone of you guys would give me
- your base stat information: the +something number in the branket; without any enhancing item/spell/scroll/etc on; (the numbers are white then)
and
- your free stat information (bonuses on Dmg, Def, Aim, Ev, M.Dmg. M. Def., Crit, Block, mas HP, max SP) once again without any enhancement,
maybe I could make something usefull.

well,
Bye
Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by agash View Post
Hi
Seems like the All About Stats Article is outdated: http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/All_About_Stats

I tried to confirm the information, but got different results: (I'm on Apoline btw.)
* +1 stat point on STR gives +1 Dmg (not +1,2)
[confirmed till +4 STR]
Read the description in the free-stats window. You get 1 bonus damage per 5 points, hence 6 damage per 5 points, and that averages 1.2 per point.

Quote:
* +1 stat point on END gives +1 Def (not 0,5), but still 0.1 Block and 5 HP
[confirmed till +8 END]
I believe you get 1 defense for every other point you put into END. Same applies to SPR and Mdef.

Quote:
* +1 stat point on DEX gives 0,3 Aim and 0,2 Ev
[only confirmed for +1 DEX]
* +1 stat point on SPR gives +1 M.Def. (not 0,5) but still 0,2 Crit and 5 SP
[only confirmed for +1 SPR]
Again, you get 1 point in Mdef every other point you dump into SPR.

Quote:
This information is only true for stat points you get for leveling up. Seems like items that increase STR, END, DEX, INT or SPR do not change that much in the free stats window ...
Mods that add directly to your display stats, i.e. from equipments, contribute to your display stats in a simple way. It does not affect anything shown in the free stats window. Nor will any of your free stats affect the displayed stats. Here's what I've noticed.

1 STR raises damage by 1.
1 END raises defense by 1, HP by 5.
1 DEX raises aim, evasion by 1.
1 INT raises Mdamage by 1.
1 SPR raises Mdefense by 1, SP by 5.

Quote:
I'm not happy with this discovery, since I'd like to know what happens when I place one of my precious llevel-up stat points ...

I'd even volunteer to make a chart, but I don't have enough information. My strongest char is lvl 20 and my second only lvl 15.
So if anyone of you guys would give me
- your base stat information: the +something number in the branket; without any enhancing item/spell/scroll/etc on; (the numbers are white then)
and
- your free stat information (bonuses on Dmg, Def, Aim, Ev, M.Dmg. M. Def., Crit, Block, mas HP, max SP) once again without any enhancement,
maybe I could make something usefull.

well,
Bye
As far as I am aware of the wiki entry is accurate :O

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
agash
Mushroom

Okay, now I do understand the END and the SPR explanation. Actually, that's something my brain should have managed on its own, but, well, I quess sometimes it gets back at me for thinking about such things at 3am.

And your information about mods that add directly to the display stats sounds good too.

But I don't get the STR explanation: I get 1 bonus damage per 5 points, hence 6 damage per 5 points, and that averages 1.2 per point? Huh?
Look, I level up, get 1 level-up stat point, use it for STR and in the free Status Window it says Damage:+1. Next time I get another point, I use it for STR and in the free Status Window it says Damage:+2. Next point, once again STR and free Status Window says Damage:+3, ...
So I assumed every time I raise my STR by 1, I raise my Damage by 1, too.
Does this mean that in my free Status Window it has to say Damage:+5 before I get 1 bonus damage???
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
^What you are actually adding is 1.2 damage everytime you add STR. Except, since this is Fiesta and not real world math, it just drops off the decimal. However, when you add +5 STR...

5 x 1.2 = 6

So the decimal is gone and Fiesta can figure out whole numbers again.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by agash View Post
So I assumed every time I raise my STR by 1, I raise my Damage by 1, too. Does this mean that in my free Status Window it has to say Damage:+5 before I get 1 bonus damage???
It will never say +5 +6 comes after +4. Every 5th point, 2 bonus damage is awarded rather than the usual one.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 02-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
agash
Mushroom

Thanks!
You know I was really looking hard for those decimals ... and they never showed up ...
Closed Thread