Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
bloodrops
Weakened Ogre

In-Game Name: Vividia
Current Level: 56/37/53/
Server: Teva <3
bloodrops is on a distinguished road
Fighter Guides: Aggro/Skills/Empowerment/lvl.50-59

((Sorry for the double-post, but as mentioned on the second post, my writing exceeded the limit...>_< And I didn't know what to delete D: So here it is...And also...admins...if you feel that this belongs in the 'Fighters' subforum, please do move this ^_^ I thought this would fit in the "guides" more than "Fighter:discussion"...D=))

So...Lately, I've been hearing quite a number of complaints about fighters' mocking disabilities in a party, and not using skills efficiently, and wail after having no sp stones/potions.

So I thought...why not share what I learned from a 'master'? xP
(Some may not agree with this, that's fine, this is just another way of using skills effectively, or so I think..and it makes sense it its own way. If you have any other suggestions, please do feel free to comment so we can have better tanks that actually holds aggro in a party ^_^)

Alright!

1. Holding Aggro (+lvl43)
When you're in a party with other classes, clerics/mages/archers, sometimes, you will find them getting attacked. Fighters tend to have more def to start with, so it would probably be best if you got hit - as a fighter.
To prevent mobs from attacking other party members...there are two methods I use...
Method 1: When you're pulling...
-1: Pull as many mobs your party can handle
-2: Stay a little distance away from the cleric/s (so you know whether he/she is getting attacked or not)
-3: When you start to loose aggro, use deva. Around this time, quite a few mobs should be dead with the help of archer/mage aoe, so it shouldn't be too hard to deva-stun most of the mobs.
-4: Prioritize yourself to kill those attacking other party members despite the deva-stun.
-5: BAAM! All the mobs hopefully are dead by now...:/ Or...if not, and if deva-stun is over, use mock again. You can repeat using mock/deva like this (rather than using them at the same time)

Quote:
Reminder: Always remember, when you're planning on extreme grinding, know how many mobs your party can handle. Start with small groups of mobs, and steadily increase the number of mobs you pull. If you pull too much, your party members will eventually end up dying (unless the cleric is really really good at healing and the other members are willing to use stones/potions well - which many people refuse to do...>.>)
Also, remember, clerics are not robots. They can not heal constantly and keep every single member unharmed. Give them a break, always keep an eye on their hp and if the party members' hp are low as well as the cleric's you probably have pulled too many.
Method 2: When someone else is pulling...
-1: Make sure your mock skill isn't cooling down...
-2: Wait until the puller has stopped and all the mobs have nicely gathered in one place THEN use mock.
-3: Do the same from Method 1. When you're loosing aggro, use deva, then mock, deva, mock..

------------------------------------
Using Skills effienciently
Now, this will come useful both in pvp and soloing a mob/s.
There are two sequences; one is for dealing with clerics in a pvp, and the other, for other classes or any other mobs.

Sequence 1: PvP against clerics
Fighting against clerics is hard...hard to win - especially when there is a small level difference. It will still be hard using this sequence, but it has worked a few times for me :) Better to have done it a few times than never.

Here it goes: (this will be for axe users...or 2h users as well)
Vitality>Deva>Fatal Slash>Immobilize>Power Hit>Bone Slicer>Immobilize>Power Hit>Immobilize>Power Hit ....

You can repeat this sequence from the beginning....or hopefully, the battle has ended xP
First, Vitality helps you attack with more damage>Devastate stuns the cleric. Make sure the cleric is stunned! D: Or else this method will collapse. It's important to make sure the cleric doesn't heal him/herself. So, once the cleric has been stunned, use fatal slash. Using fatal slash will decrease the cleric's def, making it even easier to give more damage. Then, immobilize (attacks "weak points" according to the definition lol), then power hit (boom!)

Sequence 2: PvP against other classes/regular mob/s
Hmm I haven't personally tried this sequence against archers...D: they're scary. But it has proven to work well with mages (especially the pure int builds) and other fighters - and of course, mobs.
It's basically the same method in sequence 1, except you vitality isn't necessary. In a pvp, using vitality will allow you to get hit first: and you will either be busy using stones/potions to fill up your health, or you would be suffering from fighter skills.

So, here it goes: (again..this will be for axe users...or 2h users as well)
Deva>Fatal Slash>Immobilize>Power Hit>Bone Slicer>Immobilize>Power Hit>Immobilize>Power Hit ....
And on and on and on...With mages, you will easily be able to kill them when you're done with the first power hit...but it sometimes takes longer with fighters.

The same goes for the mobs, especially those that are 'hard' for your own level.

------------------------------------
So...let's move on to skill empowerment!
(this is mainly targeted for two handed weapon users. lvl1-43)

I realize there have been many questions regarding this, so I thought, 'why not share my knowledge'? You can agree or disagree, your choice.

1. So...when you start a fighter, it's probably best to save your skill points until you reach lvl.20 and get an amazing skill called Power Hit. By the time you reach lvl.20, you will have 8-9 skill points (lvls.(1),3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19)you can use. Put 5 points into [damage] to max out your dmg...o.o wow that sounded weird. But yeah, put 5 points into skill's power.

(If you're a party person, put 5 more point on Duration of the skill, Mock. This will allow you to mock more frequently. You will get another skill points when you reach lvl.21 if you're missing one :) But if you choose to put points on mock, you will have to save some point from Power hit/immobilize)

2.Then...at lvl.35, you will get Immobilize. also, put 5 points into skill's power to max out its damage. This skill will come useful because the cooldown time of this skill is relatively short - compared to other dd ones.

3. Adding up the remaining 2 skill points, wait until you reach lvl.43 for Devastate!
Here, you can max out everything, but in my opinion, it's more efficient to put points in this order:

Duration>Dmg>Cool Down>(SP)

I don't necessarily find putting points into SP necessary...but it's up to you.
From now on...I guess you could put points on whatever you think is necessary. But doing this really helps in both soloing and fighting with a party.

--------------------------

((Will continue below))
Comatose
I'll never wake up without an overdose of You
I don't wanna live, I dont wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to You never felt so real
I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way You make me feel

Last edited by bloodrops; 10-26-2008 at 08:12 PM..
Old 10-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
bloodrops
Weakened Ogre

In-Game Name: Vividia
Current Level: 56/37/53/
Server: Teva <3
bloodrops is on a distinguished road
Continued ^_^

------------------------
Hmm level 50-59...

Yup, it's annoying, I'm not sure how this will be for fighters (since I'm only 52 at the moment) but it was really hard to level up from lvl55-56 as a cleric. Maybe there is a difference, but I doubt it will make a huge difference...Because...there literally are no quests to do...:/ and it just takes such a long time to grind from lvl55, because the exp you get and the exp you need to level up just isn't enough from what you get from usual grinding on ogres and harkans, or in abyss.

Step 1: Blue Clover Trumpies
When you reach lvl.50, head to Ancient Elven Woods. This will come in handier when you're full str, and have an enhanced weapon...but all the same. Grind on blue clover trumpies, ALONE - unless you get partied up with a higher levelled mage/archer...at lvl.50, you will get about 1.5k per mob, and it will take just as long it takes to kill a weakened ogre (maybe slightly longer, but about the same). Keep killing blue clover trumpies one by one, non-stop, until you're completely out of stones - that will take you about 40-50 mins of constant grinding...
(Calculations: you will be able to kill a blue clover trumpy in...30-45 seconds...let's say you can kill one in 40 seconds. That means you can kill about 75 blue clover trumpies...if you get 1.5k exp from each mob, you will be getting 112500 exp in total)

Head back to town to restone.

Step 2: Abyss grinding!
After restoning, you will realize that you have spent app. 30-40s on just restoning. At first, it may not seem much, but when it adds up, you will be loosing an incredible amount of money on restoning. Go to lvl50-59 abyss. At the earlier level you go there, the more advantage you will get: more exp! (it will decrease from 1.1k per mob to 0.9k :/ at lvl52...) Grind - alone -. I wouldn't recommend partying up unless you're with a good archer..(by this: archers with high hp, good T3 scrolls, someone who's ready for some serious grinding (sorry D: this may be considered as a sort of discrimination...but..:/ if you're offended, you have my apologies). Partying with a cleric will save you some stones, but the process will be a lot slower, and it will be harder for you since you have to make sure you're holding good aggro - later, you turn out to have used more sp than you would've from soloing..)
Grind in the abyss for 30mins~1 hour. You will have a full inventory of all sorts of things...when you sell them you can make up for the money you spent in restoning from Step1.

Step 3: Blue Clover Trumpies (again)

Step 4: Abyss grinding (again)
Repeat these two steps until you have reached about level 58-9...By then you would have quite a number of quests you can do.

Step 5: Do your quests
Yep, quest time! Do the quests that you have been saving...Cillia has explained this before here --> http://fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13119
One thing about that guide...is that MD/MD HC is almost impossible to succeed unless you have a very good group...so you will have to fill up the gap with more grinding in AEW XP

Concentrate on doing quests. Quests...quests...quests..

Quote:
Reminder: Try to make the best use out of repeatables. The repeatable quests will give you a decent amount of exp from lvl.5x. So, whenever you get a repeatable quest, work on it until you get bored - then you can go back to grinding in AEW. There will be weakened ogres/vampies/prisoners/and torturers(I think...)repeat quests...maybe some more xP. Make the best use out of the, :) Hopefully, this will keep you away from a massive boredom of constant circle of AEW>abyss>AEW>abyss...
---------------------------

This is about it!
I hope this was useful to some...:o

Edit: Sorry for the double post D: But apparently I exceeded the character limit...>_<
So...yeah :D my apologies to those that despise double-posting....

D: I can't believe I spent an hour writing this D:

Thanks to Cloud_James for teaching me these ^_^
Best master ever :D
Comatose
I'll never wake up without an overdose of You
I don't wanna live, I dont wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way You make me feel

Last edited by bloodrops; 10-26-2008 at 08:07 PM..
Closed Thread