Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #11
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
It seems beyond silly to get enraged over behaviour you then commit. Do two wrongs make a right? Are you then angry at yourself for resorting to the same behaviour you commit? I'm curious how that works. Is it a case of cognitive dissonance?
this is all the rage, we must have rage D:

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 09-27-2008, 06:55 AM   #12
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
One can express rage without name calling or belittling. "These people make me extremely angry, I could rip off their heads! It makes me want to raze a village to the ground and salt the earth. MAY THE WRATH OF THE GODS RAIN DOWN UPON THOSE PEOPLE!" etc, etc. ::shrug::

I only brought this up because the motivation for human behaviour is a fascinating topic. It seemed an opportunity to shine some insight on the human condition.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:01 AM   #13
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
One can express rage without name calling or belittling. "These people make me extremely angry, I could rip off their heads! It makes me want to raze a village to the ground and salt the earth. MAY THE WRATH OF THE GODS RAIN DOWN UPON THOSE PEOPLE!" etc, etc. ::shrug::

I only brought this up because the motivation for human behaviour is a fascinating topic. It seemed an opportunity to shine some insight on the human condition.
yea but i think this case is a bit different than some others just because of the environment and what brought it on.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 09-27-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
I really don't want to see this turn into another debate. lol

All in all, the thread starter is angry and she wants to vent it out. Here's the place to do it. It's just her style to make nuances.

If we leave it at that, life is much easier.

I know them too, lamz.
Sorry for going off topic. Call me lam, pls. lol

-------------------------------------------------
Old 09-27-2008, 07:10 AM   #15
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
Environment? /confused

I think Loki has a right to be upset, though I do find her post a bit over the top. But I'm assuming it's because she's very upset that her post is worded like that. Things get out of hand when people are upset, especially if they have been holding in their anger. It's why when I'm angry, the first thing I do is avoid people because I'm afraid what I might say or do if something were to accidentally set me off like maybe someone accidentally nudges me or I knock over my cup of juice.

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 09-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #16
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Difference - We, Loki and I did not direct our comments at anyone in partiular. We did not belittle anyone in particular to upset them. We did not call anyone names to try and get them riled.

We were stating that people that belittle other people for the simple joy of it, are annoying.

Example: AND JUST AN EXAMPLE:

Annoying people we are referring to: "Hraesvelg, you are the most pathetic person ever."

Loki and I: "Some people tend to argue everyone else's view and tell thme where they were wrong."

The annoying people straight out belittle you. (or you might not see it as an insult, but it was the best I could come up with). This comment is meant to get the hairs on the back of your neck standing up in hopes you will retort.

Loki and I could be referring to anyone and it is not directed at any specific person. If it offends anyone, then apparently the person it offended knows that they are that type of person.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 09-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #17
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Manzcar has disabled reputation
Emphasis mine. Aren't you doing...exactly what you say you're against? Just clarifying your statements.
It seems beyond silly to get enraged over behaviour you then commit. Do two wrongs make a right? Are you then angry at yourself for resorting to the same behaviour you commit? I'm curious how that works. Is it a case of cognitive dissonance?
Hey Hraesvelg.

Ahhh the age old question. Is pointing out the racist and stating that you hate them, being just as bad as they are because you are in essence hating a particular group of people because of who they are?

Anger and rage in itself are not evil, but what you do with that anger and rage is what can be determined as evil or good.

Take again the hate someone has for the racist, so they then turn that into a group to educate and spread understanding so the racist has no grounds to stand on. They form groups to help the less fortunate get back on their feet. And they speak out against the racist any time they can. They still hate the racist and don't want them to flurish. Are their actions good or evil.

Then look at the racist who burns down churches and commits acts of violence against others. Are their actions good or evil.

Remember that because of anger a new nation was born in order for all to have the right for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Not to mention cheaper tea.

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #18
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Manzcar View Post
Hey Hraesvelg.

Ahhh the age old question. Is pointing out the racist and stating that you hate them, being just as bad as they are because you are in essence hating a particular group of people because of who they are?

I think that it's different though because racists discriminate against people on the basis of skin/race/color/country i.e. fundamental things that one cannot change or that one had no choice in the matter becoming.

People who hate 'racists' on the other hand do so as racism can be likened to a viewpoint or opinion for lack of a better way to describe it. Something that a person chooses to believe and something that's possible to change. It can be said that some become racists because of ignorance/misinformation/parental influence and in case of the latter, isn't really something that can be held against them as a child should implicitly trust their parents but it is still something that can be changed through education.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #19
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Manzcar has disabled reputation
racism is just an example.

look at it this way.

I say mean people suck.

so am I now mean?

If I stop a bully from beating up on little kids by using a little force.

am I now a bully?

The question here is, is it wrong to point out people are being jerks and stating that you think they are being big jerks cause they are being mean and nasty being just as bad as they are?

Everyone has their own opinion I am sure.

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Nawww, just saying because I said much the same thing when a similar question was asked in an Ethics class.

It is of course all objective and depends on the situation.
Closed Thread