Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #11
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation

It seems like I'll have to invest in a good camera to take images for my portfolio... ;~; No clue as to what to get.

What that person said I believe my instructor was telling me while helping me take pictures for my Absolut ad... went over my head like whew~ But will learn when I take that class next term I think. >< Your pictures are all very pretty. <3
Old 04-29-2009, 04:03 AM   #12
IcED
Angry Wolf

IcED will become famous soon enoughIcED will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IcED
I feel your pain. Photography did confuse me at first.

I don't know much about how to pick an 'ideal' camera though. I had my camera (actually my dad bought it for general 'picture-snapping') before I even knew how to use it. I didn't even realize it's a D-SLR until my class taught me.

Your instructor is a good choice to ask. You could also ask the customer service in camera shops (and hopefully they'll be helpful). You can also try ask friends or colleagues into the photo biz as well.

From what little I've learned from various sources, you should buy a camera that best fits your criteria. There are cameras best for 'outdoors', which are best for taking landscapes, seascapes, rockscapes and such. There are cameras meant for still life (like the photos I do, since mine's a still life camera). There are movie cameras which are of course best for capturing videos. And a whole bunch of other kinds of cameras.

There are also different kinds of lens and accessories for each camera, but I can't elaborate more on that because I don't know anything at all about them.

P.S. I added a new flower picture! Spring 6
Old 04-29-2009, 04:11 AM   #13
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I feel like telling that guy to take a deep breath and step away from a camera textbook for a bit, heh. That may be one of the most unobtrusive watermarks I've ever seen.

I think the guy is the type that would have take a big red marker to Shakespeare for it being too vulgar and common.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:59 AM   #14
IcED
Angry Wolf

IcED will become famous soon enoughIcED will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IcED
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
I feel like telling that guy to take a deep breath and step away from a camera textbook for a bit, heh. That may be one of the most unobtrusive watermarks I've ever seen.

I think the guy is the type that would have take a big red marker to Shakespeare for it being too vulgar and common.
LOL! That guy DOES hate Shakespeare!
I remember he ranted all about it in a thread.

That won't make me abandon watermarks though. It may not 100% safeguard my artwork from being stolen, but I'd rather do something than nothing. I will make them a bit less noticeable though.

********************UPDATE!********************

I was imagining what the blossom would look like in blue.
Then I decided, "Hey, why don't I make a blue version?", so I did.
Azure

Last edited by IcED; 04-30-2009 at 04:48 AM..
Closed Thread