Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Sanastra is on a distinguished road
Pvp mage Final Lesson

Okay, am going to make this short an simple. because from all the forums i have seen, no one has statted this.

I am a mage from EU fiesta, i wont mention my name because friends will shoot me for sharing this.

Upon all forum builds i hear things like..

Empowerments: 5cooldown magic missle
5power magic blast
5power fireball
5cooldown & 5power frost nova
5cooldown inferno
5 duration fear

They change from time to time.. but this is the general thing u hear...
Am sorry.. but this is honestly a flaud build, when it comes to Pvp.

The only mage who has made points that i can relate to would be EdwardWarlock . But even that is based on how to fight. not what skills to empower.

I see many threads, talk about mages being under powered. or worse on Outspark forum.. how fighters wipe the floor with us.. This is honestly BS.

The thing i have noticed about a mage is.. the difference between pvp and pve build. = one skill reset scroll. i will tell you the empowerments that really should be done.

Sanastra's Empowerments.

Fear: 5cooldown / 5 duration

Fear is a defensive spell.. it is not the spell u start the fight with. its the spell u use to buy time and recover.

Stifle: 5 cooldown / 5 duration

If you do this to stifle. whoever ur fighting only has 24 seconds inwhich they can kill you before being stifled again.. if you learn the timing of this spell. and learn to lay frostnova as its about to end. (freezing your opponent) you can then kit until stifle's has cooled down.
In addition to this, as EdwardWarlock stated. if a stifled fighter devastates you, your given about 4 seconds to run a fair distance before your character gets stunned. this means that by the time the fighter runs up to you. your already halfway through devastates duration.

Now for your REAL machinegun and Bazooka.

Magic Blast : 5cooldown / 5power

I will let you in on a secret that not many mages know about. at level 89 if you have spent 5cooldown on this spell. despite what wiki lies and says.. its cooldown actually becomes 1.2seconds. meaning this spell is as spammable as magic missle. in addtion to having a BK +9 wand/staff, This will tear apart anyclass.

Fireball : 5 cooldown/ 5power

Another handy fact wiki forgot to include. if you have spent 5cooldown on fireball, its cooldown at 85 becomes about 5.2seconds.
Now do you all see were am going with this? .
A mage has the ability to combo MB/FB/MB/MB/MB/FB and repeat the process. damaging a fighter for 900-1200 per HIT. and criticalling 1800-2400 OR higher.. This along with a maxed lic BK wand. along with crit gear will murder anyclass.

i will put it all in one what my empowerments are.

MagicBlast: 5cooldown/5power (now you know why)
Fireball: 5cooldown/5power (you know it makes sense)
Stifle: 5cooldown/5power
Fear: 5cooldown/5power
Chaincast: 5cooldown.

now you would have noticed. i dont have anything in my aoe's.. why, cause this = pvp spec.
TBH. leveling with inferno/frost nova is still easy as pie. chaincast makes a huge difference, allowing me to be good with aoe reguardless of its lack of empowerment.

But for those of you who cant stand the long cooldowns. if you want to change from pvp to pve. you simply reset the 10 of magic blast. and put it on frostnova and inferno cooldown.
For those of you who can afford +9 weaps and armour.. a stat reset scroll everynow and then isnt gonna kill ya.