Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 AM   #1
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Woot level 20..now what?

Ok, this is my second archer and I decided to go 25 spr for the crit. Great, I've now accomplished that.

I have many choices on how to continue my skill build:

1) Start adding STR
2) Start adding DEX
3) Start adding END
4) Combination

While there have been many threads on this: I wish for a more current one because people have leveled and have had more experiences!

I was going to go END but then realized that the Block Rate given by END doesn't affect archers due to not having a shield; and the HP/Def just isn't enough to warrant a END build. DEX is another option, the only problem is the stat boosts you get off DEX are enough to really make a difference. Then we have STR in which I have never really felt good because it really isn't enough boost to use skill points in; I could be wrong here.

Then there is a combination, STREX, DEX:END, STR:END, etc. Anyone have thoughts to certaint builds and to why they choose them? Such as experimentation on builds that they have noticed a difference in?

Thanks in advance for all your inputs!~~

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Like I think even you said it its risky going with three stats. But since this is an alt I think you should play with it a little. I would go with END:STR. Since you got a crit build there is no point in raising your evasion with DEX, since well your build is to take out the mob before it even reaches you. So my only choice left is END:STR.

Have fun with it ^^

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 11-28-2007, 02:43 AM   #3
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Id go End : Dex. Avoid rate and Def seems like a really good combination
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 11-28-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
str and end ... for the reason u already got all that spr lol
hit em high
Old 11-28-2007, 02:57 AM   #5
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
I think I might go STR:END or END just because I love AOE'ing so much...but I want to hear some more opinions =D

Epith
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #6
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Purely out of experience. I currently have a 49 Archer who went 25 SPR and then the rest went into DEX. I've had STR:END Archer before and it wasn't as good as the one I have now.

Furthermore, most whom I've partied with or have seen me solo has told me I kill pretty fast. With the SPR there's the obvious criticals being dished out and with added DEX I have enough Aim to hit mobs higher than myself without a scroll (aside from bosses but even then I see the 'Miss' go up only 2-3 times). The DEX goes up a good amount when you level adding to the Evasion and Aim... then on top of all that you also gain % increase in those stats when you add points. To make up for the HP I always wear highest level rings for END as well as bows with END on it.

STR I find is useless. You have the criticals to hit hard when it counts. Also, with this build I'd recommend using a crossbow for the increase in criticals and overall damage.

So I guess this is another option for you. Though I suggest that you go pure something rather than splitting it into 3 stats.

EDIT: I saw your post before mind so I'll tell you this, Archers will not do well AoE'ing. We have one AoE skill until level 51 which has a cooldown of 30 seconds. Even if you put points into cooldown, after you shoot that you'll still have to focus on one mob.

Last edited by Loveless; 11-28-2007 at 03:05 AM..
Old 11-28-2007, 03:16 AM   #7
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Purely out of experience. I currently have a 49 Archer who went 25 SPR and then the rest went into DEX. I've had STR:END Archer before and it wasn't as good as the one I have now.

Furthermore, most whom I've partied with or have seen me solo has told me I kill pretty fast. With the SPR there's the obvious criticals being dished out and with added DEX I have enough Aim to hit mobs higher than myself without a scroll (aside from bosses but even then I see the 'Miss' go up only 2-3 times). The DEX goes up a good amount when you level adding to the Evasion and Aim... then on top of all that you also gain % increase in those stats when you add points. To make up for the HP I always wear highest level rings for END as well as bows with END on it.

STR I find is useless. You have the criticals to hit hard when it counts. Also, with this build I'd recommend using a crossbow for the increase in criticals and overall damage.

So I guess this is another option for you. Though I suggest that you go pure something rather than splitting it into 3 stats.
I was thinking of going either pure DEX or END, and since you posted I've decided DEX. Thankyou for posting, I was waiting for a high level archer that has made one than one character!
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
EDIT: I saw your post before mind so I'll tell you this, Archers will not do well AoE'ing. We have one AoE skill until level 51 which has a cooldown of 30 seconds. Even if you put points into cooldown, after you shoot that you'll still have to focus on one mob.
I know that we aren't meant for AOE'ing, I was just saying how much I love doing it =P.

Epith
Old 11-28-2007, 04:10 AM   #8
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
my archer build is END 1 : DEX 1

Thanks Loveless!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
25 SPR: already done.
I'm currently going pure END, but I think I'll soon go 1:1 on END and DEX. For the aim on DEX (and somewhat the misses), and the def + extra hp on END.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #10
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

In-Game Name: Cleric007
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
Spells is on a distinguished road
I've played my friends 25 spr and rest dex 47 archer, trust in Loveless. When you're running around with X-bow (6-8ish base crit) + crit/aim hp/sp earrings, hp rings, you can't really go wrong. For one, you dodge like a mofo! O.O! Hit hard because of all that aim and even harder when you crit! Why waste points on End when Archers were made to dance around those hits with the highest evasion. Hell, I have 124 dex off the top of my head on my 32 cleric and even though we don't evade as much as archers, I can really see the usefulness of Dex to all chars. Hell, it's fun to watch myself kill a 36 warrior who missed me a ton of times with that big old axe. Just think what an Archer can do! XD

Spells - WizMage LvL 29 Inactive
Sharp_Arrows - Archer LvL 25 Inactive
Closed Thread