Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation

Quote:
v188 Patch Notes

Content Additions:

- Advanced Classes have been added! Each class has two options for an advanced class for a total of 12 new classes! Level 75 and above players can talk to Ziola and take an Ethyr quest to begin your training. Upon successful completion of the training, you can choose which advanced class you will take. Advanced classes have the base skills of the basic class, as well as three new specialized skills. Players are also given level 75 Destiny Gear upon quest completion. You can change your advanced class at the respective class NPC.

- New gear type introduced for advanced classes: Destiny Gear. Destiny Gear is a rare monster drop that can be obtained once per day per character. Destiny Gear is sealed upon pickup; destroying Diplomatic gear at the forge will give a jade to unseal the respective level Destiny Gear. Destiny Gear has random attribute bonuses.

- New Minigame Added. Jino has been lured to a temple that is being ambushed by monsters. Only you can build defenses to repel the attackers and save Jino! Press Y to play it.

- New character statistic added: Crit-resistance. Characters will have resistances to both critstrike and critcast, which will reduce the chances of you getting critically hit. Also, there is resistance to critical damage which reduces the damage taken from critical hits.

- Monster kill counts are now tallied each day. Only monsters +/- 10 level difference from your character will count. Kill count is currently only a fun statistic with no functionality. How high can your kill count go?

- New character statistic: Valor. You can get a point from killing Lv75 plus monsters, you will need the point to learn the skills after transfer.

- New region open! Ole Region can now be accessed by talking to the Queen of Amaz and going to Quest Related.

- New player gift pack is now awarded at the start of the game. New players will receive a gift pack which can be opened at level 5. The gift pack contains many helpful items for players, plus a new gift pack that can be opened at level 10. The process repeats up until level 50.

- New crafting recipes for level 7 Vocations for special items including tradable rare items, untradable fashions, and Stone of Peace

- New signet system has been introduced. Elemental Signets can be equipped in five slots, one for each affinity. Elemental Signets can give affinity resistance bonuses and stat boosts. You can equip one signet for each affinity. You can also equip three Trinity Signets that gives bonuses to skills, attributes, or abilities.

- Players can now exchange monster bond for transformation cards at the NPCs found near Wehn in Pokari.

- Players can now trade up monster cards for more higher level cards at the NPCs found near Wehn in Pokari.

Improvements/Changes:

- The 1-50 questline has been revised to help guide new players to the game mechanics. The leveling progression is now slower, and the quest rewards are much better.

- New Attribute/Affinity system. Attributes and Affinities are now two different systems. Five points are awarded for each system at five level intervals. Wheel of Fortune can be used to reset either the Attributes or Affinities.

- All affinities have been reset. Players will have some points spent in random attributes.

- Players will have random points assigned to the new Attributes (or some points may even be 'missing'). Talk to Wehn to receive a free Wheel of Fortune to reset your attributes if you do not like the assignment.

- The number of Diplomatic Items that drop from monsters has been greatly reduced from 86 to 24. Quests requiring diplomatic items have been adjusted accordingly. The remaining diplomatic items still exist and can be traded in for reputation.

- The Available Quests now has an option to screen low level quests. Quests that are significantly below your level will be grayed out and marked as low level.

- The imbue level requirement for resonation of gear has been altered. Now you can do Resonation of Lv45 gear at +2, Lv60 gear at +3, Lv75 gear at +4, Lv90 gear at +5, and Lv100 gear at +6.

- A new Ethyr interface has been added to show equipped Ethyrs and Signets.

- A New Skill interface has been added to obtain skills for advanced classes.

- Pet melding change: the resulting pet from melding has its EXP reduced in half rather than 0.

- Transformation cards have been adjusted. They have been split into four categories: Lv1, Lv60, Lv90, and Lv100.

- Transformation bonuses have been greatly improved. Higher level cards are more powerful than lower level cards.

- Using cards will now always allow 50 transformations; existing learned transformations are not affected.

- The strength of lvl1-60 monsters has been reduced.

Cash Shop Changes:
  • New: Christmas Outfits (male and female fashions)
  • New: Reindeer (ground mount)
  • Sale Ended: Stone of Peace
  • Sale Ended: Lightbender Stone
  • Sale Ended: Lightbender Stone (10 pack)
  • Sale Ended: Scapemonkey
  • Sale Ended: Scapemonkey (10 pack)
  • Sale Ended: Ancestral Crystal
  • Sale Ended: Wheel of Fortune
  • Sale Ended: Ginseng Fruit
Known Issues:
  • Localization bug in the Skill menu - Nascent skills were renamed Spirit Skill. Will be fixed in next patch
  • Bug in PvP arena - Player's will respawn where killed
  • Chinese text appears when Players Equip their first Destiny Weapon, after becoming any Advanced class
  • There are few text bugs in the Etherbuck Trade interface window.
I bring you the biggest wall of text to date. Enjoy.

Last edited by Loveless; 12-16-2009 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: Lalala
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

Here are some of the pictures from the Christmas Event and patch:

Female Christmas Outfit

Male Christmas Outfit

Reindeer Mount

Penguin Pet

Snowman Pet

Santa in Pokari

Christmas Tree
Old 12-16-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Given up on Grand Fantasia eh?

Welcome back to the Dark Side.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

I'll be going back to Grand Fantasia once I'm done classes since I want to hit 50 for their event.

I can run both if I wanted to thanks to the possessor. Still need to get the defusing skill.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:46 AM   #5
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
It's not to hard to juggle 2 mmos.
Any more then that and it gets hard... LOL

But I'll probably be re-dling this game seeing as I found out
its easier to lvl and they took a bit of the grind away ...
hopefully ray will want to play to when he gets his new gfx card so I don't get bored.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #6
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
The Reindeer mount looks so regal.

And yeah, I logged onto GF and no one was on... T_T_T_T

I need a Mining/Hunting sprite and couldn't find one... >_>

Weren't even selling it at the auction house.

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

The real grind only starts after hitting 90.

Yeah, I logged onto GF a couple times and it was empty as well. Hoping to go back soon though since I can't exactly run that game and do something else.

EDIT: Manual patch is up.

Last edited by Loveless; 12-16-2009 at 06:07 AM..
Old 12-16-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
omg @___@ I LOVE THE COSTUMES AND THE MOUNT AND THE PETS AND THE SANTA AND OMG *o*

<3 i love christmas season. i love the colors~ and the festivity~ <3

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)
cillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #9
Loveless
Super Moderator

No one else thinks that Snowman is evil...?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
No one else thinks that Snowman is evil...?
Nope. You're paranoid.

Omigosh. No one on campus using internet. I hit 15 mb/s.

Layman's terms: 15 mb/s = 3 songs a second.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote