Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 07-09-2007, 05:13 AM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Yiruma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhN7SG-H-3k

Really nice piano piece. =3 Too bad the youtube is a bit soft.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Nice. I love piano music; if I were ever to bother trying to learn an instrument it would be piano.
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Haha yeah, I know how to play piano but because I stopped more than a year ago, I think I forgot how to play it anyway @.@" Well, I'd know how to play it, but it'd take forever to learn and I don't think I'll be bothered to do that.

BUT I just found the sheet music for it so I might try it anyway XD
Old 07-09-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
-Brandon.V-
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: BrandonV
Current Level: 15
-Brandon.V- has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to -Brandon.V-
I really wish I could play piano. All I know how to play is the entire Mission Impossible theme.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:49 AM   #5
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Go for it. Everyone should have some sort of creative outlet. Why'd you stop playing Blaaah?

I don't really have any natural musical talent I don't think. I guess if I tried and practiced hard enough I could get fairly good at it but I don't have the patience for it. Can't draw either and never tried acting, so that leaves me with writing, which I do on occasion though I'm probably not too great at that either.

About a month or so ago I got all into video editing, I guess that can count as creativity. I made a couple Bleach amvs then lost interest again. Now I'm messing around with Photoshop just for the heck of it. I tend to get into a lot of things for a while then lose interest, as a result I now know a little about a lot things but not a lot about anything in particular.... I wonder if I'm ADD.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Me too! I sometimes try a bit of this and that but never stayed long doing it.

I stopped playing because I have started to lose interest. Well, the last exam I did was a Performer's cert (which is like a step after 8th grade), and I JUST passed. I got a mark of 72 when you need a mark of 70 to pass, LOL! And I guess I was losing interest because I couldn't seem to play any better (or I didn't try hard enough). I guess a reason for that was my teacher. I mean, we went along fine (after all, I did start learning from her when I was like... 6), but I don't like how she gives me so much pressure and I had a pretty hard time. It has gone to the extent where I no longer played the piano because I enjoy it, but it was something I'm forced to do instead. Also, it was very expensive! $55 (Australian dollars) for one lesson (of course, it was cheaper when I was doing lower grades). I spent 1.5 years on performer's cert, and the exam was like.. $200+ from memory.

Soo I guess there's no point wasting money on it anymore! But yeah, my main reason would be my teacher. I guess I was finally old enough to realise she wasn't really the best teacher out there, but I never really thought of changing teachers since I have followed her for so long.

Plus, I never really got my support from my family for it. She wasn't all that "yesyes go for it!" when I asked to continue playing after 8th grade. I guess she was right. Funny though, on my exam day where I got to practice on the piano I was going to play on, she said it sounded really good (since it was in a big hall and it was a lovely grand piano) and wanted me to keep playing. =________=" Nah didn't listen to her anyway XD

Ouch that was a long post. I didn't mean to type that much. I guess I got carried away.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #7
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

S'ok, I asked, lol. At least you broke it up into manageable paragraphs and not just a massive wall o text like some people do. I hate that.

That's a shame though, but I don't really blame you. I probably wouldn't have responded well to that sort of teaching either. It's one thing to push a student and challenge them, but if you go too far they start to look at it like a chore and if you have no more passion for it then it's all over.

I would probably be more of the self-taught type anyway. You could always practice a little on you own, more as a hobby. Better to learn a little at your own pace and actually enjoy it.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Yup! If you ever wanna teach yourself an instrument, I heard that learning a guitar is pretty good. My friend has been teaching himself the guitar and I think he's going alright with it (and he has no musical background as well).
Old 07-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Lol, I'm probably the only guy here who actually plays piano here. Although, I'm no pro yet.

Hey what do you think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Ob-dBkelU

And here the original for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMVlByK67Bo

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #10
phizzie
Mini Pinky

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: phizzie / Fuzzybums
Current Level: 20 / 29
phizzie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to phizzie
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Lol, I'm probably the only guy here who actually plays piano here. Although, I'm no pro yet.

heh i play and teach noobs. (for money of course 8D)
btw anybody have the scores to this?

Last edited by phizzie; 07-10-2007 at 11:06 AM..
phizzie is offline   Reply With Quote