Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 02-01-2009, 05:20 AM   #41
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

I think it has to be read in the context of the original thread.

They decided before that it was better to allow unregistered-people to edit because some of them also contributed but didn't want the 'hassle' of registering. I don't know what their opinion of it is right now (they would have to post it themselves) but it was suggested before that they would change it if they could.

It'd also take someone with higher authority I guess.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #42
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Only Entropy can change who can/cannot edit the wiki. I PM'd him about a while back, but he hasn't be on in a while.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #43
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Unregistered user edits tend to be more minor, such as fixes to small typos or mistakes. The bulk of the content in the Wiki lays heavily, as Icy has stated, in registered user edits.

The food chain of the Wiki goes like this:

Unregistered user < Registered user < Mods/Admins/Wiki Admins < Super Admins

Many existing bugs, such as the inability to upload PNG files, can be easily corrected with Entropy's powers. But he's not around much, so...
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #44
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Bump.

You know, maybe more people would put edit-summaries if they knew that they could make it so that they'd be reminded if they were about to edit without leaving one.

Noone talked about that button in Preferences > Editing > Prompt me when entering a blank edit summary?

Orrr maybe they did and I just remember things wrong. Maybe it can be set-up so that it's enabled by default?
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #45
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
No one has mentioned it, and most probably don't know of it.

It's not something many will willingly enable by themselves, and enabling it by default is definitely an option. I am not sure if I have the privileges necessary to enable it, though.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #46
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
LF more ways to satisfy Triumph's edit summary fetish

Come on. Who else judges edits by pre/ab-sence of edit summary as opposed to merit of the editor.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #47
BloodThirstyKD
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: iBloodThirsty
Current Level: 63
Server: Epith
BloodThirstyKD is on a distinguished road
Thanks. Its good that everyone can input more information to make the wiki even more reliable. ☺
BloodThirstyKD is offline   Reply With Quote